McNair signs new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Paddy McNair signs new contract at Manchester United - Official Manchester United Website

Paddy McNair has expressed his joy after Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal confirmed the young defender has signed a new contract to keep him at the club until at least June 2017.

McNair told MUTV: "I'm very happy. It's a boyhood dream [to be in the first team]. I never would have expected this 12 months ago but it just shows how fast football can change.

"It’s great to be playing in the first team most weeks, playing at Old Trafford and going to different stadiums, playing against some of the best teams in the world."

When asked how it feels to know van Gaal has faith in him, McNair replied: "It’s good. He’s a very good manager."

McNair, a product of the club's youth system, made his senior United debut in the home win over West Ham on 27 September 2014. He has so far made 12 appearances, mainly at centre-back, but he was last week tipped to be the Reds' right-back for the next ten years by van Gaal.

Van Gaal told MUTV today (Tuesday): "It's always good that a young player from your youth education is coming through. I think it's very good for him but also for Manchester United and also for the future of Manchester United. He can play in a lot of positions so that's also nice as I like multi-functional players."

B9e9EX5CAAEXi-8.jpg

What a season he's having, full of ups and downs. No one saw it coming. Future still not certain and I think that shows in the relatively short length of the contract. Certainly seems like his best chance of making it here will be at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back