Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea 2018/19

Will he last the season?

You'd normally say no with Chelsea's reputation we've seen them pull the plug quickly on managerial appointments that haven't worked Scolari and AVB are the ones that spring to mind. I guess it depends if Hiddink is available haha!

I don't think Sarri will work out the same way LVG didn't you can't just have one way of playing in this league even Pep worked that out you have to accommodate the opposition at some point and Sarri is like LVG he has one way and only one way to play.

Also, the players at Chelsea really don't suit his way of playing they are a counter attack side built by Mourinho then tweaked by Conte the change to Sarri is huge he just doesn't have the players to make it work he didn't have that head start Pep had where a club had signed players that suited him to attract him.

I think it's time to pull the trigger on him unless they're prepared to have a massive overhaul this summer which I doubt they are the stories are they're shortly going to be hit with a FIFA transfer ban and the owner isn't signing off big cheques anymore if they miss CL again that's a big gap in the budget.

Kepa refused to come off. Calamity of a club. Sarri went to walk off down the tunnel then changed his mind and came back.

Kepa refused to come off. Calamity of a club. Sarri went to walk off down the tunnel then changed his mind and came back.

Wonder if more is being made of this than is necessary looked to me like bad communication once Kepa indicates he’s ok to carry on then Sarri should have sent Cabellero back to the bench and refused control going down the tunnel made him look stupid.

If they lose vs Spurs mid week surely he’s gone.

I think it was always the plan LVG style to bring Cabellero on for penalties. It was being talked about all through the game by Chelsea fans in the pub I was in. They saw it as a tactical change not a change cos of injury and think Kepa needs dropping and Sarri sacking.

I think it was always the plan LVG style to bring Cabellero on for penalties. It was being talked about all through the game by Chelsea fans in the pub I was in. They saw it as a tactical change not a change cos of injury and think Kepa needs dropping and Sarri sacking.

I'm not buying that for one minutes Cabellero only went out to warm up when Kepa went down the first time if they were actually thinking about doing that surely he'd be out doing some sort of warm up? Apparently Kepa's record on pens is decent as well. He made one good save but he'll be very annoyed he didn't stop that one from Aguero.

To me it seemed like poor communication between the player/medical staff/manager somehow the message got back that a sub needed to be made when in fact the player was adamant he was fine to continue. You wonder if there's language issue and the wrong message went back to the bench which is why they prepared to the sub.

Kepa has done Jorgino a massive favour as his penalty was a shocker he does that trick every time every keeper is wise to it now just wait and you'll save it easy he can never take that penalty again.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back