Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham Hotspur 2018/19

Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur - 3rd November 2018

Played 11
Won 8
Drawn 0
Lost 3
Points 24
Goals For 19
Goals Against 10

1 down to PSV. You’d expect them to turn it around but as it stands they’re bottom of the group with 1 point from 4

They’ve turned it around. Inter drawing with Barca. Spurs 3 points behind

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Chelsea - 24th November 2018

Played 13
Won 10
Drawn 0
Lost 3
Points 30
Goals For 23
Goals Against 11

Top performance from Tottenham. 3-1 honestly flattered Chelsea it could have been 6/7 if Tottenham had taken their chances.

Premier League: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur - 2nd December 2018

Cracking first half so far. 2 pens. A player fight. 3 goals. 3 cards and we’re 35 mins in.

2-2. This is a brilliant watch. What football should be. Amazing finish from Aubamayang

4-2 Arsenal. They’re confirmed as top 4 contenders now

I have to say... I don't watch much football these days but I've just put on the Spurs game and within seconds I can tell you I want Poch. I think he'd be absolutely perfect for this club. Pep, Klopp and Poch for me are the three best choices and the first two aren't ever coming to United.

Spurs fans will tell you their football has gone backwards and they aren’t fun to watch this season in most games so surprised you noticed that in seconds but I won’t be home for 5 mins.

He’s also heavily criticised because he can’t change a game when his plan isn’t working and always delays his changes.

Premier League: Everton 2-6 Tottenham Hotspur - 23rd December 2018

Played 18
Won 14
Drawn 0
Lost 4
Points 42
Goals For 37
Goals Against 18

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 5-0 Bournemouth - 26th December 2018

Played 19
Won 15
Drawn 0
Lost 4
Points 45
Goals For 42
Goals Against 18

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 29th December 2018

Played 20
Won 15
Drawn 0
Lost 5
Points 45
Goals For 43
Goals Against 21

Premier League: Cardiff City 0-3 Tottenham Hotspur - 1st January 2019

Played 21
Won 16
Drawn 0
Lost 5
Points 48
Goals For 46
Goals Against 21

Premier League: Fulham 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur - 20th January 2019

Played 24
Won 17
Drawn 0
Lost 6
Points 51
Goals For 48
Goals Against 23

Stuffy Spurs. I think Spurs’ matchday squad against Fulham highlights the lack of depth in their squad.

They currently have 5 players out injured and 1 on international duty Alli limped off today.

Carabao Cup: Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur - 24th January 2019

They’ve been awful tonight so far. 0 shots in the first half

2-0 at HT in the FA Cup. It looks like they’ve gone full Spursy

Their injury crises is being massively overblown. They’re missing 2 of their starting 11 through injury.

I’m not including Son because the manager knew he was going this January 2 seasons ago.

Their injury crises is being massively overblown. They’re missing 2 of their starting 11 through injury.

I’m not including Son because the manager knew he was going this January 2 seasons ago.

He is part of the starting XI though and that's 3 of their first choice front 4 all out at the same time which any team will struggle to cope with.

What really isn't helping is players like Trippier & Davies playing well below the level they were at last season.

The unsettling talk around the manager can't be helping either as when this happens players all start looking after themselves not each other more than normal. You also have two key first team players in Alderwiereld and Eriksen stalling on new deals.

This is basically what happens every year with Spurs they have a rocky spell they then come through it and I think they'll still end up top 4 probably 3rd.

Poch has again come out and said winning a trophy isn't that important. He said that last year, I think it sends the wrong message

I think in the wider context winning a cup competition isn't that important to clubs anymore it means a lot to fans but to the clubs CL qualification and progress is the be all and end all as that keeps the show on the road financially. It's a sad reality of where football has gone in the last 30 years.

It's attitude though, you keep saying that and the players believe it. I bet Spurs fans would love an FA cup

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Newcastle United - 2nd February 2019

Second in the league despite an inferior transfer budget, wage budget and squad compared to rivals. He’s doing a fantastic job.

It's quite incredible what Poch has managed to do with such limited funds. I'd love to see him here to see what he could do with some backing.

I'd be happy with Poch or Ole. But Poch would have to change his attitude towards winning trophies. They do matter.

I can see Madrid going for him, but the fee might put them off.

I think the Poch attitude to trophies is just him protecting himself after going out of 2 cups in a week.

I just don't buy it though he says it because to his bosses the things that matters are the CL qualification not winning a domestic cup that's just a reality of top level football now.

I don't care why he says it, the problem for me is that he says it all. It sends the wrong message to the players and the fans, I would never want to hear a united manager say that not winning doesn't matter. So for me, if he gets the job, that attitude has to change.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back