Played 4
Won 3
Drawn 0
Lost 1
Points 9
Goals For 9
Goals Against 4

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool - 15th September 2018

2-0 Liverpool. Both really goalkeeping errors.

Spurs have been poor but Liverpool did what we didn’t do and punished them while they were on top.

Only 5 games in but Liverpool looking like they might be the real challenger to City this season :(

“It’s like a cow that every single day during ten years, sees the train crossing in the front at the same time.

“And if you ask the cow what time is the train going to come, it’s not going have the right answer.

——————————————

Doing a Mourinho and having a dig at the press?

Sounds to me like he's translated some weird Argentinian phrase that doesn't make sense in a literal translation..

Fergie used cows once when talking about Rooney.

Why not just say he's giving 2 guys who played the entire world cup a rest for this game.

My assumption is Vertonghen & Kane will probably miss the league cup game next week.

He's not Man Utd manager is the simple answer to that Spurs are allowed to fail Utd are not.

I'm not sure with the squad he's got he should be able to get away with saying.

The Argentine, though, was far clearer when it was put to him whether or not Spurs could count themselves as realistic contenders to go all the way in the Champions League.

“We are not realistic contenders in any single competition,” he said. “If we show the same face as Watford to be a contender. If we show the face against Liverpool. Part of the game at Man United, maybe yes. It was difficult to keep the feet on the grass after Old Trafford. We needed to work harder, be more competitive and improve.

Premier League: Huddersfield Town 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur - 29th September 2018

Played 7
Won 5
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 15
Goals For 14
Goals Against 7

He’s had the best starting 11 in the league for 3 years and failed to win a thing. No thanks.

I assume the only side you can be talking about is City so we’ll do a joint 11

Lloris

Trippier Vertonghen Alderwieral Mendy

Fernandinho Silva

De Bruyne Erickson Sane

Kane

I make that 6-5 Tottenham

He does seem a bit of a nearly man, besides he’s just signed a new long deal

whose got a better starting 11?
City and Liverpool. I'd say Chelsea is as good. Spurs have a very good starting XI so it's right up there but I'm not sure it's the best. And anyway winning the league and trophies is about depth which they don't have.

City and Liverpool. I'd say Chelsea is as good. Spurs have a very good starting XI so it's right up there but I'm not sure it's the best. And anyway winning the league and trophies is about depth which they don't have.

Well it’s opinions. I think City have the best squad followed by Tottenham and Tottenham have the best starting 11 followed by City.

Now Poch has to be given credit because he’s built that squad. I just think he’s over rated as a manager and is yet to get across the line in any competition and with the squad at his disposal that’s a failure. It just isn’t banged on about because Tottenham aren’t expected to win trophies every season.

It is personal opinion but I do disagree. Spurs squad is not very deep at all. And what I like is that Poch has brought through youth.

I'm not saying he's the best option but he'd be on the list for me.

What youth has he bought through? There isn’t a single member of their starting 11 that he’s bought through the Tottenham ranks. Harry Winks gets the occasional game. Kane was established when Poch got there and Dele Alli was bought in and everyone in the football world knew about him. Davison Sanchez they paid £45m for.

I like him as a manager I just think he’s over rated. Certainly he’s on the list but I just think everyone is a bit glossy eyed and bushy tailed regarding him and ignores his faults.

I’ve been clear about my list of candidates. Simeone Conte Blanc.

Think he’s done a good job establishing Spurs in the top 4 is this their 3rd season in a row being in CL that was not normal for Spurs before he arrived but getting them over the line into 1st has been tough last 2 seasons the league winner has got over 90 points. The season Leicester won it was the big chance for both Spurs and Arsenal as the rest of the big 6 all had off years.

I don’t think they’d swap their starting XI for anyone else’s but they haven’t had a bench especially attacking reinforcements until this season they’ve got Moura in and lamela back plus Llorente on the bench so they’ve got genuine quality in reserve. They’ve found it quite hard to improve it as to improve that starting XI you are looking at big money signings who just aren’t going to come to Spurs.

I like Poch he’s done a great job at Spurs but is he pulling all the strings? At Utd he won’t have the benefit of the Spurs scouting network who have found gems cheap like Davies, Trippier and Alli.

I think he’d be a top candidate worthy of an interview/shortlist but very hard to get him as he’s on a long term deal and relations with Spurs and Levy is hard to deal with.

I’ve been clear about my list of candidates. Simeone Conte Blanc.

I don't know what football Blanc tends to get his teams to play but other than that basically you want the same turgid football? No thanks.

I wouldn't mind Poch, to see if he could make that step up. But it wont happen. Just signed a huge new deal with Levy. I thought they should have got him when he left Southampton.

I have had a few doubts since his time at Spurs, but can't really pinpoint anyone better at the moment

I think Pochettino has overachieved with the players at his disposal.

Hard one to tell I think with that squad I think a manager who just said focused 100% on the league could have won it in 16 or 17 no one stood a chance last season with city getting 100 points last year. However, you can't just write off the CL because it's so big for the fans and players it can take clubs/managers a few years to work out how to navigate the CL group stage without completly knackering out your star players.

Also, up until this summer Spurs never had their squad finalised when the season started Levy was always trying to drive a bargain for someone so they always got off to a stinker in August and this league now you almost need to be full throttle from day one the days of catching a team seem to be over. Whoever gets out in the lead normally stays there.

Champions League: Tottenham Hotspur 2-4 Barcelona - 3rd October 2018

Played 2
Won 0
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 0
Goals For 3
Goals Against 6

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Cardiff City - 6th October 2018

Played 8
Won 6
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 18
Goals For 15
Goals Against 7

Premier League: West Ham United 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 20th October 2018

Played 9
Won 7
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 21
Goals For 16
Goals Against 7

Drew 2-2 with PSV. 1 point from 9. 5 behind second with top 2 playing tonight. Very difficult for them to go through now.

Yeah they need Barca to take max points vs Inter and qualify making the game at the non camp a dead rubber.

Be funny if they’re knocked out before they open the new ground the club had a big ad campaign during the summer saying white hart lane was the only place in London to see CL football this season.

Barca currently losing to Inter. Scrap that I read the score all wrong.

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Manchester City - 29th October 2018

Played 10
Won 7
Drawn 0
Lost 3
Points 21
Goals For 16
Goals Against 8

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back