Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham Hotspur 2016/17

Result: Spurs 1-1 Liverpool - 27th August 2016

One win and two draws in the three games played this season.

New arrivals: Vincent Janssen, Victor Wanyama, Juan Pablo Gonzalez Verlasco, Georges-Kevin Nkoudou.

Premier League: Middlesbrough 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur - 24th September 2016

Played 6
Wins 4
Draws 2
Defeats 0

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 - 2nd October 2016

Played 7
Wins 5
Draws 2
Defeats 0

Tottenham have had their best start to a season since Bill Nicholson's title winning side of 1960/61.

Premier League: West Brom 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 15th October 2016

Played 8
Wins 5
Draws 3
Defeats 0

Most impressive thing about them so far is that they've not lost a game yet Kane hasn't got going yet and is currently injured, if he gets on form when he returns they are a major threat. Pochettino's reputation growing.

Pochettino has future United manager written all over him. His style of play, faith in youth and demeanour make him a perfect candidate down the line.

Premier League: Bournemouth 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur - 22nd October 2016

Played 9
Wins 5
Draws 4
Defeats 0

Dean Court will be a difficult place to visit this season; point gained or two points dropped for Spurs?

Too many draws for my liking there from Spurs. That shows they don't have a plan b to break down stubborn defenses.

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Leicester City - 29th October 2016

Played 10
Wins 5
Draws 5
Defeats 0

Pochettino has future United manager written all over him. His style of play, faith in youth and demeanour make him a perfect candidate down the line.

Don't see it happening buddy because as time goes on Spurs become a more appealing current day club. Of course people will argue that... We are United fans we are bound to... But honestly Spurs are on the up and we are struggling to find our identity! Plus in the next couple of years they'll be moving in to their new stadium which I'm sure he'll want to be a part of.

Premier League: Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur 6th November 2016

Played 11
Wins 5
Draws 6
Defeats 0

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 West Ham United - 19th November 2016

Two late goals by Harry Kane.

Played 12
Wins 6
Draws 6
Defeats 0

Premier League: Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 26th November 2016

First defeat. One win in ten games in all competitions since the win against City.

Played 13
Wins 6
Draws 6
Defeats 1

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 5-0 Swansea City - 3rd December 2016

Played 14
Wins 7
Draws 6
Defeats 1

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 West Bromwich Albion - 14th January 2017

Spurs were excellent. They were good to watch.

Played 21
Wins 13
Draws 6
Defeats 2

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Watford - 8th April 2017

Think Spurs will blow up like they did last season? They run out of them with 4 or 5 to go often a criticism of Poch sides will be interesting to see if he's learned from this.

They still look super fit and their only remaining tough games are at home where they are excellent

I don't think they will this season as they won't have the same pressure for the title unless Chelsea start to drop points rapidly.

The big test will be not running out of gas they fell apart last season with 4 or 5 games to go

They've got a great chance of finishing 2nd and winning the FA Cup and should finish above Arsenal for the first time in over 20 years

I don't think they ran out of gas last season. They just completely lost it mentally.

Well his Saints side ran out of gas and Spurs physically looked shot before that Chelsea game where they lost their heads but even after that they blew a huge lead over Arsenal.

They don't really rotate so will be interesting to see if they can go the full distance this year

I think they'll be alright with the exception of Alli a lot of their key players have spent quite a bit of time either suspended or injured so haven't played a massive amount of football.

Toby 13 Vertonghen and Dembele 20 and Kane 23 prem appearances

Yeah I agree on that injuries have probably helped stop them burning out but let's see if they can finish strong.

2nd and an FA cup would be a good season for Spurs if they can buy well in the summer and keep this team together no reason they can't go 1 better next year

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Bournemouth - 15th April 2017

How many occasions have Spurs scored 4+ goals this season?

Played 32
Wins 21
Draws 8
Defeats 3

They destroy the weaker sides especially at home they're on them from the first minute and they just over power them.

That front 4 just all seem on the same wave length they must practise these attacking moves as the speed they do it at must take practise.

There was a point where I think the deepest spurs player was on the edge of the centre circle in the attacking half and that was at 2-0 up

Spurs Vs the bottom 9 at home have taken 27 points from 27.

That is the sort of form you need to challenge for titles.

To scared to check what our record is in comparison be surprised if it's much more than 10 points

But will they remain in the top 4 consistently? Is Poch the man to do it? Potential, definitely there.

I think if you aim to win the title then top 4 comes naturally

If they can maintain current standards then Chelsea, City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal are all going to have great seasons for them to drop out.

The only thing that could do for a them is a bad summer of signings and a big injury list the following season so far they've coped ok but they've not had a situation where 3 or 4 starters all out at the same time

Chelsea were there for the taking yesterday but Spurs just couldn't do it they had control of the game but didn't create the chances. They are developing into a bit of a bridesmaid team they really need to get one of these challenges over line. The league would be huge if they did it.

Spurs are awesome at white hart lane but is this because of their pitch? It's 440m2 smaller than a standard pitch and when they redevelop their new pitch will need to meet the standard size requirements. I think for the way they play which is high intensity in your face football a bigger pitch creates problem as there's more space to exploit.

Lampard summed it up on TV after the game semi finals and finals are about winning it really doesn't matter how you do it.

I thought Poch got his team wrong Davies should've started on the left over Son who made a key mistake on the penalty you can't gift teams goals in big games. Also, on the 3rd goal after subs where made someone either didn't get a message or no message went on but no one went anywhere near Hazard and if they were doing zones no one picked up that zone

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back