Mauricio Pochettino at PSG

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Big challenge trying to keep that fractured dressing room together and getting the superstars to buy into his hard pressing style.

Some big players coming to the end of contracts
Di Maria 6 months
Mbappe 18 months
Neymar 18 months

Can they get all of them to extend deals and find the money to refresh the squad where it needs it.

Lost his first game over the weekend lost 3-2 to Lorient who are towards the bottom of the league.

3 points off the top

I’ve not followed PSG’s progress since Pochettino was appointed manager. How’s he getting on?

Think he’s doing well they’ve had a few slip ups but win their game in hand they go top and had a big win away to Barca in the CL last week.

Players seem happy talk is Neymar has agreed a new deal and talks with Mbappe are positive.

Winning the league will be expected anything else for them is failure Europe will be where they are judged and I think they’ve got a very good chance this year.

doing a good job of throwing away a title they should be walking.

2 losses on the trot.

Will he last a year?

Just knocked Barca out the champions league playing them off the park at the Nou Camp.

So it's ups and downs with him clearly struggling to get them going in the league.

Were they top when he took over?

I just checked, it's not two losses on the bounce anyway, another great piece of reporting.

I'm not sure PSG will accept not winning the league though, unless they win the CL.

ah, just re read it, back to back home defeats

3 behind with 9 to play you'd still back them surely to turn that around?

Number of games catching up to them don't think Lille or Lyon are in Europe we know PSG have a quality squad but those extra games probably catching up to them in a big way at the moment.

Guess for Poch it will be how he does in Europe that determines how he's viewed and can he convince the two big boys to stay.

Sounds like Neymar has basically agreed to stay but Mbappe is after the same wages and PSG struggling to make the numbers work. They might be in a situation where to keep those two they have to lose all their squad depth.

Lets be honest, Neymar is staying because no else wants/can afford him. Mbappe and Haaland are the big boys now.

Think that's the case for all the big names currently it's tough for them to move because who can really pay them will take years for clubs to really get back on track.

Neymar I think is still top dog in France but I agree the young pups are starting to take over the challenge for Neymar is to remind everyone why he's still top boy.

Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar are all in a tricky spot right now as to what they do and it looks likely that they all end up staying put.

Big loss at home to Lille today to leave them 3 points behind with 7 to go. Three home defeats in a row.

Failing to win the league would be a shocker.

Big defeat for them.

Neymar sent off as well just after coming back from injury.

I thought Poch would've had us top of the league playing the sexiest of all the footballs though.

The analysis of them from this weekend went along the line of possession of the ball for the sake of it with no attacking intent.

I think it was L'équipe, not sure, but Neymar and Mbappe have combined for one goal since mid Jan

I think it was L'équipe, not sure, but Neymar and Mbappe have combined for one goal since mid Jan

Out of interest how many games does that stat cover?

Heard Mbappé hasn’t been great this season.

Not sure how many games, I vaguely remember reading the pair had a fallout over something silly. I don't think they'll both sign.
He's scored 20 in 26 games in the league

Just typed in Mbappe et Neymar into French Google. Looks like he's hooked up with Neymars ex

The analysis of them from this weekend went along the line of possession of the ball for the sake of it with no attacking intent.
Strange, especially when you consider how entertaining his Spurs side was. They played some great football.

You’ll all be loving Poch when he stops City winning the CL :cool:

It feels like the next level of the City vs Liverpool game.

Who would you rather see win the Champions League?

I did quite like Liverpool didn't get to enjoy their title due to Covid

As for the CL, once united are out, anyone but a prem team for me.

I think they will to be honest.

they've dominated England this year, probably deserve the treble. In Europe, all the teams seem to be below par. To me it doesn't seem like years gone by where there are really good sides, who play great stuff you want to watch. Everyone seems bang average.

I think you're relying on Chelsea to stop City. Bayern look poor without Lewondowski and PSG will bottle it.

Lille came back from 2-0 down against Lyon to win 3-2 last night knocks Lyon's hope of the title.

Lille now 1 clear of PSG who are 1 ahead of Monaco with 4 games left to play 3 sides at the top seperated by 2 points.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back