Matty James in UEFA "one to watch" list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty James is a talent, another United kid who will go unnoticed by the media while they praise the likes of Sanchez Watt and Jay Simpson.

United Youngsters who might not make it at United still do well to play in the premiership or the Championship level.. We have Jonathan Spector, Phil Bardsley, Phil Neville, Mcshane, Richardson, Eagles, Ebanks-blake, Eckersley, Campbell, Greening...and some more that i can't remember, Our academy is actually very underrated

Shawcross! Don't forget Shawcross. Still don't understand how we let him go. Should get him back next summer.

oh yeah, forgot him!! i think there's a good chance we might go for him if Rio's injury situation gets worse or if Vida leaves...Shawcross qualifies as a home grown player for us too, so an added bonus

He qualifies as a homegrown player anywhere in England not just for us.

isn't there some rule about the player having been with the club for three years atleast before attaining age of 21?
or is it only in the champions league?

No, a player has to have trained in England between certain ages for 3 years to be homegrown. For example, Rio is homegrown despite being brought through West Ham's academy.

I think the rule you're talking about is Champions League, I think that rule has changed this year too, the number of homegrown players has increased I believe. And i'm sure it increases again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back