Matteo Darmian to leave in the summer?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He will be pushing for a WC place so no doubt he will want to be playing solid up until the summer and he's not gonna get that at Utd.

Italy aren't going to the World Cup so he's got nothing to worry about.

To be honest if we can get some money in let him go as we've got enough options, we paid about £15m for him so if we get that back I think happy days.

Seems like he's been after a move back to Italy for a while and he'll probably be fine back in Italy just didn't really work out for him here he did ok and helped us win a few trophies but I wouldn't be that sad to see him go.

He came with a decent reputation, shame it didn't work out for him and us. Another LVG buy that didn't work out.

Yeah if we can get 25 odd million for him then good to see him go, don't wanna let him go for to cheap as transfer fees a lot higher now than when we bought him, still an Italian international defender and if was the other way around I'm sure we would be made to pay about 40m haha

half decent money, cut our loses, lets be honest, he ain't very good lol

Yeah if we can get 25 odd million for him then good to see him go, don't wanna let him go for to cheap as transfer fees a lot higher now than when we bought him, still an Italian international defender and if was the other way around I'm sure we would be made to pay about 40m haha

half decent money, cut our loses, lets be honest, he ain't very good lol

Italian clubs don't have the money we have so there's no way we're getting 25m for him. The prices they charge us are massively inflated compared to what they're willing to pay, I reckon we'd do well to get it above £10m. I think let him go for whatever we can get to be honest as we don't need him worst case Valencia gets injured, move Young to RB and play Shaw/Blind/Rojo at LB if Young got injured put Tuenzebe in or Lindelof played RB when he was coming through.

I'd say he's a decent backup right back and given a decent run of games he'd probably look a lot better but he's never going to be first choice bit like Buttner a few years back if we can get our money back we might as well cash in.

Italian clubs don't have the money we have so there's no way we're getting 25m for him. The prices they charge us are massively inflated compared to what they're willing to pay, I reckon we'd do well to get it above £10m. I think let him go for whatever we can get to be honest as we don't need him worst case Valencia gets injured, move Young to RB and play Shaw/Blind/Rojo at LB if Young got injured put Tuenzebe in or Lindelof played RB when he was coming through.

I'd say he's a decent backup right back and given a decent run of games he'd probably look a lot better but he's never going to be first choice bit like Buttner a few years back if we can get our money back we might as well cash in.

10m? Mate Scott Hogan went for 15m and think he has scored about 4 goals in 40 games, if they won't go over 10m I would tell them to sling their hook, think Napoli, Inter, Juve all looking at him and they know he will do well in that league so if Nathan Ake is going for over 20m then Italy's first choice full back certainly is.

If there not willing to pay half decent prices then tell them to get stuffed, sick of all our players going for sod all and the likes of the Lazio lad, 95m? And apparently there all skint, nah not for me, not selling a proven international full back for pocket change in todays climate to then go and spend 95m on an unproven cm kid just because "there skint and were not", tell them to get stuffed.

For me the guy is bang average, not great going forward, gets caught out alot at the back, not got massive pace, not a great cross, personally I wouldn't pay 10m for him but in todays climate I sure as hell won't be selling him on the cheap.

and we sold Johnny Evans for tuppence and looking to get him back for £30m along with Arsenal and Man City. Hilarious!

10m? Mate Scott Hogan went for 15m and think he has scored about 4 goals in 40 games, if they won't go over 10m I would tell them to sling their hook, think Napoli, Inter, Juve all looking at him and they know he will do well in that league so if Nathan Ake is going for over 20m then Italy's first choice full back certainly is.

If there not willing to pay half decent prices then tell them to get stuffed, sick of all our players going for sod all and the likes of the Lazio lad, 95m? And apparently there all skint, nah not for me, not selling a proven international full back for pocket change in todays climate to then go and spend 95m on an unproven cm kid just because "there skint and were not", tell them to get stuffed.

For me the guy is bang average, not great going forward, gets caught out alot at the back, not got massive pace, not a great cross, personally I wouldn't pay 10m for him but in todays climate I sure as hell won't be selling him on the cheap.

Yeah but that's my point clubs in Italy don't have that sort of money to spend Juventus sold Bonucci (arguably the worlds best centre back) to Milan for £30m if they'd been able to sell him to a Premier League club you could double that transfer fee because English clubs have loads more money, even the Championship ones who are getting parachute payments from the TV deal are still richer than most Italian sides.

Like it or not there's 1 price for English clubs and 1 price for other clubs if you want to get rid of the deadwood like Darmian in my opinion let him go cheaper because we don't need him and having guys around squads who aren't playing isn't good as it can create negativity especially if there's a group of them. Unless we can find a prem club to sell him to we're not going to get a decent price.

If we keep him until the summer that's probably another £2m in wages over 6 months we've got to pay out so my view is take whatever we can get for him and move on.

Yeah but that's my point clubs in Italy don't have that sort of money to spend Juventus sold Bonucci (arguably the worlds best centre back) to Milan for £30m if they'd been able to sell him to a Premier League club you could double that transfer fee because English clubs have loads more money, even the Championship ones who are getting parachute payments from the TV deal are still richer than most Italian sides.

Like it or not there's 1 price for English clubs and 1 price for other clubs if you want to get rid of the deadwood like Darmian in my opinion let him go cheaper because we don't need him and having guys around squads who aren't playing isn't good as it can create negativity especially if there's a group of them. Unless we can find a prem club to sell him to we're not going to get a decent price.

If we keep him until the summer that's probably another £2m in wages over 6 months we've got to pay out so my view is take whatever we can get for him and move on.

Did Chelsea/City not enquire about Bonucci willing to pay 60/70m for him, that was a Juve decision to sell him to Milan because anyone else in Europe would have paid double what Milan did, so the offers were there to sell him to Europe/England but for whatever reason they chose not to, that's on the club and not on the lack of offers available.

You say that one price for everyone else and one price for English clubs but did Costa not go to Spain for decent money, Barca who are apparently more skint than anyone before Neymar sale offer 130m for Courtinho, yes certain clubs do their business better than English clubs like Munich etc. but I think its more a case of clubs in Europe looking elsewhere like Portugal, South America etc for talent than wanting to pay over the odds like English clubs do, which is fair enough but I don't agree that we should be paying three times the price others do just because were an English club, clubs need to stand firm on transfer fees, refuse to pay over the odds and sell for higher fees, maybe players were trying to buy should kick up more of a fuss about leaving, like a lot of ours seem to do when Barca/Juve/Munich come calling.

Selling Darmian for 5m less than what we bought him for, when three major Italian clubs are interested in him, crackers for me.

I’d rather keep Darmian than let him go for any less than what we paid. Transfer market has gone crazy and we are useless at getting fees.

Juventus has to take less because Bonucci didn’t want to leave Italy as his son is ill and his relationship had totally broken down with Allegri.

Barca were chucking money about because they suddenly had £200m sitting in the bank thanks to Neymar and everyone knew they had it last summer post Neymar was silly season. Costa went back to Atletico for about £40m in the end slightly more than Chelsea paid.

We paid £15m for Darmian 3 seasons ago when he was a quite highly rated in Italy had a great season at Torino since joining us he’s been backup and not really impressed so it’s hard to say his value has gone up in that period at best it’s stayed the same.

Utd are awful at selling players we all know that.

At this point of take a £50 Argos voucher for him. Awful from him last night. Bristol City lads had him on toast.

Chuck £30 million and him at Napoil for Jorginho.

This is the thing we don't see him for a month then you chuck him in for a 1/4 final so what do people expect he's always been better when he gets a run of games and last night he was poor.

I think there were a few last night that he's looking to get out either in January or in the summer, that squad needs trimming big time.

Yeah maybe you could put it down to being rusty. But he didn't ever get into the game. He never learnt. Every time Bristol come down that side they breezed past him. He an Italian international playing for Man Utd regardless of from and game time he should be doing better.

The Italian international thing doesn't mean anything though as this is the worst Italy team ever, it's not Italy in the 00's when he wouldn't be getting anywhere near that team and he also plays wing back with arguably the worlds best back 3 behind him to cover him.

He was rubbish last night and apart from a few short bursts where he's had a consistent run in the team he hasn't been good enough and he's not better than the current first choice so there's no real point in keeping him around if other clubs want him and he's happy to go.

Don’t see the point in keeping him the fact Lindelof has started playing RB ahead of him suggests to me that he’s told the manager he wants to go. Same happened with Schniederlin and Depay last season.

Not interested in a loan deal if we can get what we paid back then let him go home.

Pretty sure it's reporting interest from Juventus in him I can't translate it but that seems to be the story going around yesterday.

As far as I can tell he's been fit for the last few months don't recall seeing him on any injury lists he's just right down the pecking order.

Wouldn't surprise me if his deal to leave this summer is done so bit like Depay & Schniederlin last season he's being left out.

I don’t think any translation is really needed. He’ll be off in the summer no doubt, the only question is which Italian club he’ll go to.

I’m going for undisclosed fee reported to be between £5-10m

Darmian is going to be very lucky getting another move to a big club. Obviously Italy is different and he is a good defender so will probably do a good job but after his spell here, he’ll have done well to get this move.

He will probably fit right in there always looks good when I see him play for Italy for whatever reason at Utd just never really showed his best looks like the pressure got to him and it’s been surprising he hasn’t had a run under Jose but I think by the time Jose came he wanted out.

Think LVG wrecked his head a bit constantly swapping him from right to left then back then subbing him just destroyed his confidence at a new club there was no real easing in period for him. Injuries were a factor in some of that Shaw broke his leg then from memory we had centre back issues and we ended up with Valencia at RB and Blind at CB for most of that season.

Remember his first month at the club he looked like we’d finally found a replacement for Neville, won the player of the month and then Sanchez absolutely destroyed him at the Emirates and he looked like Gary Neville just before retirement.

£10m is reported fee, decent return. Does better as a wing back and will be back on home soil. Never really settled here. With Juve set to lose Lichsteiner and possibly Alex Sandro, they need a full back or 2 and Darmian covers both sides.

Latest stories are Juventus offered €12m but Utd want €20m

Napoli also reported to be interested in him.

Latest stories are Juventus offered €12m but Utd want €20m

Napoli also reported to be interested in him.

I mean surely at this point you take the €12m? OK maybe try and drive for a bit more but it doesn't seem like he's a part of the future plans.

I mean surely at this point you take the €12m? OK maybe try and drive for a bit more but it doesn't seem like he's a part of the future plans.

It's negotiation no one ever takes the first offer and Utd will probably be happy to wait and see who else comes in as other pieces move around the chess board it might be that come the end of August we take 12m but for now we're in no rush so lets see what happens.

Juventus apparently are playing tough on the fee for Alex Sandro saying he's 60m euro so if a "top" full back is 60m euro then surely a good international full back is worth 20m euro? You can't really have it both ways if Juventus drop the price for Sandro Utd might be more willing to drop the price on Darmian.

Just chuck Darmian, Blind and £20m and do some business with them. I can't beleive how every Utd fan on the planet knows what positions we need players for and there are no deals ready to roll. Surely they should have been on this since Jan?? Things should be in place. Get business done early!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back