Status
Not open for further replies.
Competition: Barclays Premier League
Date: 13 November 2010
Venue: Villa Park
Kick Off: 12:45 GMT

Last edited:
and it'll be right in the middle of the last F1 qualifying of the season :(

Urgh... really? Early kick off? Villa ain't going great at the moment despite winning tonight. Hopefully we can continue tonight's performance and add a bit more going forward. Nani will be better. Hopefully the virus will have gone from the camp. We should be stronger in numbers. 2 injuries tonight a worry, Rafael's seemed less serious. Hopefully neither were too serious though, i'd be fine with Brown at RB but O'Shea at LB not so much. Scholes likely to be left out after playing 90. Giggs might be back. 442 or 451? With it being away against a good team... and midday, I think we'll go 4-5-1. I'd like to see Park back central in a 3 with Obertan or Giggs coming in or maybe Ando if fit in a 3. Ando coming good is key for this season in my opinion, him and Chicha could work very well, have they played together yet? Ando loves playing balls through between defence and GK, we haven't really exploited Chicha's pace yet, not really had the chance to with teams playing deep when he has played.

Just remembered Scholes is suspended anyway. If Ando ain't back, we'll see Park move central, or Giggs or even Gibson. Wouldn't mind seeing Gibson for the Reserves tonight though for 45 to give him some gametime.

looks like Rafael is out, but Brown has been impressive when he has played, seems to have regained some of his pace, and reminding me of Brown from 3 seasons ago! i hope if Evra doesn't play Sir Alex gives Fabio a chance!!!

From what I have read, Nani, Evra, Rafael, Scholes (suspended) are all out.
Going to be a tough game.
Will make a decision on the result when I see the line up

Nani is good to go mate.

VDS, Brown, Rio, Vida, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Park, Obertan/Giggs, Chicha.

We need to win this game - and I think we will.That cnut Friedel always raises his game against us. :x

I don't think we'll see Park move central, more likely that Ando/Gibson will start, hopefully it's Ando.
we could also see a 4-4-2 with Berba/Macheda-Hernandez (depends on how tired Berba is after the derby)

Team: Van der Sar; Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Berbatov; Hernandez

SUBS: Amos; Smalling, Fabio, O'Shea, Obertan; Gibson, Macheda

No Giggs then, apparently he pulled up before the Wolves game, where he could have been on the bench, just a rumour though, hopefully he's just got this illness. Seems TK has it. Lack of CM options again, Fletch and Carrick should do the job though.

Carrick and Scholes against Hogg and Bannan will be interesting. btw, the team must be careful with Bannan. He's a very good player and scored a hat-trick against the Reserves at the beginning of the season.

I admit I'm surprised with the formation. I expected a 4-5-1, considering it's so often the team playing like that in away from home games this season. Berbatov will not play alone up front, we have a strong midfield and the best wingers available. we have a team strong enough to win the game.

But I'd prefer see Fabio instead Brown today.

Berbatov has been terrible

Edit: The rest haven't been much better

Last edited:
Good last 10 mins we should start every game 2 goals down. Lol at all the people saying "game over" when we went behind

Didn't deserve anything but we got it. Unacceptable performance. Change is needed. The team deserve a rollocking for that.

utterly crap performance for 80 mins, our midfield was steam rolled by a midfield of youngsters!! i bet Fletcher has made more appearances in the prem than their midfield put together!!
Can't blame Berba when the fact that he had to come so deep just to get a touch, we were never in it, i really think losing would have done us more good!!
without Scholesy we look clueless, no creativity at all!

I said it a few weeks ago, after HT our midfield falls to pieces when we are 4-4-2.

true, we lack balance, if Carrick and Fletcher play we have noone to attack, Scholesy is our only solution at the moment!! :(

bit sad to think we have to resort ot a 4-5-1 to manage games now!! our midfield seriously needs to be refreshed, though Carrick has been god offlate, he and Gibbo have to go for me!!, get in a mean DM and a creative AMC

i mean Gibson won't really improve our midfield when he comes in... i would like too see Hamsik/Defour and Moussa Cissokho/Lassana Diarra/Toulanan

United were decent in the first half.Not too good.not too bad.Villa's team was a regular starting XI except for Bannan and Hogg who were in for Rio coker who is never going to be missed as he is 'mediocre'.Rest others have been regular starters this season or before.we were terrible for 75 minutes and the referee had a terrible game. the fecker was favouring villa so much,it was unreal.No way that was a penalty and he booked both Vidic and Brown?!

United had Evra passed fit and after the match I wonder if O'Shea or Fabio would've done better.Evra was very poor and didn't look fit at all to me
We were sloppy.Very sloppy in our passing.Park I don't know how many times lost the ball in the 2nd half allowing especially Albrighton capitalized early on in the 2nd half with some decent chances.Missed a sitter of a chance when he put his header wide.Downing then started threatening.I though Brown did very well in keeping him quiet in the 1st half.In the 2nd half,Brown was just out of sorts really.

Vidic and Ferdinand were just rock solid again and fantastic.Those two didn't deserve to be on the losing side.Vidic' display was nicely and deservedly rounded up with a goal which United desperately needed.He was my MOTM without a shadow of a doubt.

Midfield was awful.Carrick,Fletcher were unable to create anything really which meant Berba had to drop back i midfield to keep possession.How many times have we seen that man do that? If he is doing it again and again then there is something wrong.He should be up front waiting for chances to pop up.Sure,he had a bad game but he wasn't the worst player on the pitch.Little created for Berbatov today.You can criticize him,call him lazy,but he didn't get service.End of.Berbatov is such an easy scapegoat.Fans expect him to bang in 25+ goals.He wasn't the worst player on the pitch.Actually,you can criticize Berbatov.Do it.But if you call yourself a United fan,don't make him a scapegoat.The relationship between Berba and some fans reminds me of Homer and the Simpson's' dog.Dog is always shouted at,yet saves him from a fire. ;)

A word for Macheda too.He scored a cracker and hopefully will score a few more this season.Nani was fine because he saved us in the end with his cross for Vidic.Park and Hernandez were both worse than Berba.Hernandez was a headless chicken.What more does Obertan have to do to get a start? :?.He was brilliant in the free-role he was given for the last 15 mins or so.

I am sure we will win the next 4 games in the league before the Chelsea game,by which I am confident we will have all our problems sorted out.United always come good from January.If we're still 7 points or less within Chelsea,we will win the title.We covered the gap last season and unfortunately that one week in April cost us.We can do it again this season.

Analyzing quickly the other draws in this season

Fulham - We played badly and didn't deserve to win. But he had taste of defeat since that Nani wasted a PK we're leading by 2-1 in the final minutes.

Everton - 3-1 in our favor until the 91'. Total Loss

Bolton - Once again playing badly,and we were never in front and did nothing to be in that situation. More profit

Sunderland - Crooked, misaligned team, and total dominated in second Half. Profit

WBA - In a EASY game, we opened a 2-0 lead and we gave the draw again. Loss comparable to the game of Goodison Park

Man City - probably just one of the few 100% fair scores of the season. Neither team deserved to win.

Our midfield struggles when Scholesy isn't playing, i think having Ando might provide a bit more creativity than Carrick/Fletcher, i want him to return soon. Really could use him now!!

About today's, match, once again, we were lucky. Ferguson took too long to make substitutions. Considering the Aston Villa's domination in the second half, we have to be satisfied about the result. I won't go into the unbeaten merits. Sometimes i think that all this stuff has been overrated. But once again we didn't deserve to win and almost suffered a defeat.

The marking by the both sides was worrying. Evra didn't seem to be in their best days. Albrington had space to play on his back. But the biggest problem was on the right. since the beginning of the game, Brown showed the inability to get hold Downing. And this became more clear in the second half.

The midfield was poor today. Carrick was consistent in the first half but I expected more from him today. Fletcher fortunately, had a better performance. Park and Nani wasn't good, again. We need a lot more action from them, and what i saw was a lot of mistakes. At least, Nani got his 9th assist.

The team remains disjointed, unbalanced. And it has to be sorted out as soon as possible. December / January is always a complicated and exhausting period of the season. And the team must be settled, tactically at least.

10th assist from Nani. I thought Evra was good going forward, don't think he's 100% after his injury.

I hate it when he does that stuff, dont know why Fergie doesnt tell him to stop it. His set pieces are still terrible aswell, how annoying it must be for Rio/Vidic to run up the other end of the pitch just for the ball to hit the first man.

For all the criticism,the players have to get some credit from coming back from 2 goals behind.After throwing away games at the end too many times this season,it was nice to see it reversed.Point looks more significant now that Chelsea flopped.Yesterday's performance was awful.But the comeback looks more significant and worthwhile doesn't it now that Chelsea have been abashed by Sunderland.United showed champion's stuff yesterday by coming from 2-0 down away from hometo salvaging a point.Chelsea could not do that even at home.If we thought United were poor yesterday and vs Wolves,please have a look at Chelsea's last 3 games.You'll feel better.Definitely.Also United coped without Vidic and Rio to large extent, not sure Chelsea would without JT/Alex as they looked very shaky.I hope that JT and Alex are still injured as Chelsea have to go to Birmingham next week,another difficult game.

the thing what's got everyone peeved is that we were so terrible for 80 mins. i agree the last 10 mins we were good, and we did really well to get back in the game, but we let Villa overrun us with Kids for 80 mins of a game we should have been in control? they had Hogg making his debut, Bannan playing his 3rd game, Albrighton also is new to the premiership. We had Downing attacking down the left and whipping in crosses like he was Becks.

Wasn't 2 points dropped.
Was a point gained.
Would have been great to win especially with Chelsea losing to Sunderland.
How about Albrighton? Guy is going to be a superstar. What a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back