Mason Greenwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kids just seems to have it. Him, Chong and Gomes get me excited for the future. If Ole or Poch gets the job next year then no doubt we’ll see them around the first team getting some time next year.

I think for this to happen some of the current attackers will need to leave Mata looks to be on his way out but still going to be tough for these boys to get ahead of the rest of our players. To me Chong looks like the one who is really knocking on the door.

A nice draw in the 5th round could be a chance for some of them to get some minutes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stunning instinctive finish. Would love to see him a little bit before the end of the season and really become part of the first team squad next year. Solskjaer and Phelan were both there to see him so they are obviously keeping an eye on the reserves.

Gomes and Chong also played really well too.

If there’s no chance of top 4 on last day I’d expect him to start at home to Cardiff along with a few of the other kids.

Named Jimmy Murphy Youth Team Player of the Year for 2018/19.

He'll move up to the U23 full time next season I guess and like Chong maybe he'll be involved in League Cup/Europa League games but expect him to go on the pre season tour.

Like Chong the jump from this level to the first team is massive and I don't think our first team squad has the right senior players in it to help these kids develop but there's no doubt this kid is an incredible talent.

I don't think he'll be going on loan next season but I think it's important people don't get to carried away with how quickly these kids can go into the team.

He did ok. He looked the most likely two score. Not easy to look particularly good with this bunch of players

That’s exactly it, it’s hard to look good with the dross around him but he was our most dangerous forward for sure. Lingard and Rashford were truly awful from what I saw. Where as Greenwood looked like he could make things happen.

That’s exactly it, it’s hard to look good with the dross around him but he was our most dangerous forward for sure. Lingard and Rashford were truly awful from what I saw. Where as Greenwood looked like he could make things happen.

Agreed, Greenwood looked promising and posed the greatest threat. Lingard should be a squad player only and Rashford should not have sole responsilbility to lead the attack due to the failings of Sanchez and Lukaku.

Hey guys I created this Mason Greenwood video. Let me know your thoughts! Mods if this isn't allowed, feel free to delete.

So does anyone think Greenwood could go on to be a better player than say Mbappe?

Mabppe may be a stretch too far. But I think he can achieve anything in the game that he chooses to and that he’ll be a better player than both the other two strikers in our starting 11.

Got to remember Mbappe himself is still only 21.

Mbappé is unreal but Greenwood has the same characteristics an old head on young shoulders, near perfect technique and confidence in his own ability.

I guess we will see as the challenges get harder hopefully next season we will see him tested at CL level and in international games where Mbappé has already thrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back