Mason Greenwood

Seems a huge talent in the Gomes bracket. Player of the tournament or top goalscorer at most youth tournaments he plays at. His date of birth is 1.10.2001 (14) therefore we may not see him feature for the 18's until the season after next but certainly one to keep an eye on.

Recently turned 15. Seemed to have had a big influence for the Under 16's in their Premier League International Tournament win at the weekend. The only Under 15 player selected for the Under 18's trip to Slovakia for their upcoming annual visit. They have a match on October 25th against MSK Zilina, which there should be at least extended highlights of, so should be a good opportunity to see more of Greenwood.

Sideshow Bob

U18s: Manchester United 6-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 14th October 2017

Scored a hat-trick.

Seen a fair few videos of him now and he looks a really talented lad. Seems equally adept with either foot, I even read a story saying that he alternates between feet on free kicks because he’s so comfortable on both.

Definitely looks one of the very best youngsters we have here, although it’s way too early to hype him up but one to keep an eye on for sure.

Since his switch to playing as a number 9 he's starting to remind me more and more of Robin van Persie in style. That first goal yesterday certainly had a touch of van Persie about it. It will be interesting to see if number 9 is his long term position or number 10. Fantastic talent either way.

boothstownred

I was just about to say that. I would describe him as a nine and a half. Hugely talented footballer. Takes corners with either foot. Good size for his age. He turns brilliantly with the ball and has good vision. Really exciting prospect

I would go along with him looking like RVP. He really does look to have all the attributes to be a top player. He’s still only 16 as well so is going to get better and better.

I think we are blessed with some real talents in the youth teams with Chong, Gomes and Greenwood. Then you’ve got players like Traoré, O’Connor and Garner that look to have something about them.

jsp

That goal reminded me a lot of a Van Nistelrooy one vs Basle althouh his was from the other side of the goal.

JSNFRMN

I think we're really blessed with some great youth talents at the moment, been a while since we've won the U18 league I believe so to do it without a lot of the older lot from that age group who have moved up to U23s would be a great achievement. Likes of Gomes, O'Connor and Chong started the season with the 18s but got moved up pretty quickly. Laird has followed in recent weeks despite only being 16 and the youngest of this season's 1st years. And I think Greenwood is one that could be moved up during next season in his 1st year as he looks to have a bit about him physically for his age and already looks to good for this level.

Good little read that.

He’s such a talented lad and we have a few of them knocking about now. Really hope he can continue to kick on because he has endless abilities and the fact he is just as good on both feet makes him a special talent.

We need to sign him up as soon as he hits 17. Ed needs to lurk at his house the day before his birthday with the contract and pen to make sure he signs it the minute he hits 17.