Mason Greenwood signs new long term contract

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good stuff.

Hopefully gets himself plenty of playing time this season he’s only 17 but I’d say of our academy lads who’ve stepped forward this season he looks ready to be in the first team squad. Gomes & Chong so far have not looked ready and Williams and Garner not yet tested.

It’s crazy expect him to be a starter but his versatility across the front 3 should see him get plenty of chances over the next few seasons and hopefully develop into a forward who can deliver 20 goals a season from one of those positions.

It's a good thing he is a United lad, reports he is being offered big money from around Europe with Juventus in particular being mentioned.

It's a good thing he is a United lad, reports he is being offered big money from around Europe with Juventus in particular being mentioned.

Think that report was from before he signed this deal everyone was in for this kid trying to snatch him away and yeah it sounds like Juventus went big for him.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Utd give him another new deal in the next few months get him tied down for another 5 years.

Good stuff.

Hopefully gets himself plenty of playing time this season he’s only 17 but I’d say of our academy lads who’ve stepped forward this season he looks ready to be in the first team squad. Gomes & Chong so far have not looked ready and Williams and Garner not yet tested.

It’s crazy expect him to be a starter but his versatility across the front 3 should see him get plenty of chances over the next few seasons and hopefully develop into a forward who can deliver 20 goals a season from one of those positions.
I'm not so sure about Greenwood at the moment. He is 19 yrs old , but , if you're good enough....
He showed us last season that he has loads of technical ability, speed , nose for goal ( perhaps a little selfish in the opponent's box , but aren't all great goalscorers ? ) but seems to have lost his mojo.
I think that a season out on loan , with a PL outfit, may be a great option to get him back to where he wants to be , leading the strike force at United !

I'm not so sure about Greenwood at the moment. He is 19 yrs old , but , if you're good enough....
He showed us last season that he has loads of technical ability, speed , nose for goal ( perhaps a little selfish in the opponent's box , but aren't all great goalscorers ? ) but seems to have lost his mojo.
I think that a season out on loan , with a PL outfit, may be a great option to get him back to where he wants to be , leading the strike force at United !

I think since Xmas he’s been good he had a poor start to the season but since Xmas he’s been looking good either from the right or up top. When he’s played wide he’s been creating chances for others but he’s not creating as many chances for himself as he was last season.

Up top he’s often been on his own with almost no supply.

I think loaning him out now wouldn't make sense keep him at the club put better competition in place and see if he rises to that. We don’t have enough attacking depth to be loaning out a player like Greenwood.

There is a wild overreaction it seems over Greenwood. He is only in his second season and as a young player he is going to go through peaks and troughs.

He has been doing well recently but because of his poor season he is having some confidence issues with his finishing. He has lost some of his pin point finishing that he was accustomed to last year.

He’ll be absolutely fine, I think he’ll be one of the best around in a few years. All the ability in the world and there wouldn’t be any young player in the league I would swap him for.

I still think he would be better in a more central role
If that were the case , would that mean we have no need to sign a new No. 9 ?
With Greenwood central , who would be able to provide for him from the wings ?

If that were the case , would that mean we have no need to sign a new No. 9 ?
With Greenwood central , who would be able to provide for him from the wings ?
Do you think Greenwood is the answer to our RW problem then? I dont, he has done a decent job plugging the gap but its not good enough. We still need to sign a winger.
Yes we do need to sign a 9, we also need to sell Martial and get Rashford settled into playing from the left and recognising that as his role.

I think Greenwood could be a lethal right forward don’t think he’s alive in the box enough to be a centre forward he doesn’t look to score from crosses and attack the ball when it comes in.

He’s got very good movement but I think he’s more suited to the modern wide role and with a bit more development he could easily become a 20 goal a season wide player.

Weirdly he’s probably learned more this season when he’s not scoring than he did last season when he was as team are preparing for him now they know what he likes to do he now needs to hone that skill so that defenders can’t stop it.

Still think we’ve got to keep adding to the squad and get quality in depth so players have to fight for places.

Centre forward is an absolute must for next season and we are still waiting to see what Amad will be like.

If Greenwood is going to be a nailed on starter in either the central or right position he will need to up his goals quickly because Utd can’t keep waiting for young talent to deliver.

Your not making any sense, you say you think Greenwood can be a lethal right forward yet you still think we need to sign a right winger. That will be Sancho or another of his quality ruled out then because your looking for someone to play second fiddle to Greenwood. A bit like a Telles signing but for the RW

Realistically If we want to compete with City we need stronger squad players than we've got. Their back up right winger is Mahrez he walks in to our side on the right. Ours in Dan James.

I think Greenwood is a centre forward personally. But do you pass on Haaland if he's available?

I'd like to think we go

Rashford Greenwood Sancho next season.

You need to decide on if you think Greenwood is good enough long term and then make a decision where he's playing and if he's the star in that role. If it's right winger then yeah you do pass on Sancho. And if he's not then you have to bring in a starting CF and a RW and Greenwood has to compete with them. Or does he do a Martial and strop about it.

The big spanner in that is what happens with Amad and Pelestri. The future looks bright but we need players that are doing it now.

Your not making any sense, you say you think Greenwood can be a lethal right forward yet you still think we need to sign a right winger. That will be Sancho or another of his quality ruled out then because your looking for someone to play second fiddle to Greenwood. A bit like a Telles signing but for the RW

You need more than 1 player in each position now Phil Foden is a brilliant player but to get in the city side he has to be better than Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, Bernardo Silva etc that is the size of the task we are up against. Greenwood needs to get to a level where he’s putting guys of that quality on our bench because Ole can’t leave him out.

We always seem 1 injury away from having to start Dan James Utd have to be ruthless and raise the quality level of that squad and those who remain need to step up to that level.

So yeah Utd probably still need a Sancho quality wide player especially with Mata, Cavani and Lingard likely to leave this summer, James could also be sold Utd have work to do in these areas. I don’t think it’ll be Sancho but look what Jota gave Liverpool at the start of the season before his injury Utd probably need someone like that who’s good enough to start but isn’t guaranteed a start.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back