Mason Greenwood | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Get our RW sorted out and get him in a central role. That's the way forward.

Good to hear post game that he’s been working on his heading if he wants to be the Utd centre forward he needs to be adding these type of goals.

Showed his class today.

Delivered that great cross for Cavani’s goal.

He’s absolutely pulled down Reguilon’s pants on the goal and shows the importance of going both ways as a wide man the defender when left one vs one with that space has no chance.

I love Greenwood so much, he's such a good player

Had a tough start to the season but he’s been great since the turn of the year.

Yep ole and his staff really knows what he’s doing with the younger players.

From the BBC

Only Wayne Rooney (15) has scored more Premier League goals for Manchester United as a teenager than Mason Greenwood (13

Showed his class today.

Delivered that great cross for Cavani’s goal.

He’s absolutely pulled down Reguilon’s pants on the goal and shows the importance of going both ways as a wide man the defender when left one vs one with that space has no chance.
MOTD2 highlighted how Cavani had screamed at Greenwood to put the ball in earlier a few min before he did just that and Cavani scored our second. That Iceland debacle couldn't have been easy on him personally, but he looked back to his best this week.

Had a tough start to the season but he’s been great since the turn of the year.
Only recently, I really thought the best option, was to put him out on loan to another EPL team. His form was pretty poor . Today , I eat my words

Great to see him back on the goal scoring trail - been a really tough season for him but now he’s showing his stripes. Could yet snaffle his place in the England squad.

Now getting the goals his performances have deserved.

Bit of luck on the second one but if you hit shots cleanly with power you will get the benefit of deflections.

Think it’ll be to late for him with England this summer unless there are injuries but he’s in great form if he can keep it up he will give Southgate something to think about.

I think so too, but in reality, is there a better finisher beyond Kane

I think so too, but in reality, is there a better finisher beyond Kane

No but Greenwood like Rashford gives you flexible options if something happens to Kane.

Is it worth taking Calvert-Lewis as backup for Kane?

Think his problem is Sterling despite being in poor form he’s nailed on to go, Rashford is nailed on, Mount is nailed and Foden is nailed on. So Greenwood is fighting with the likes of Lingard, Grealish and Sancho for the remaining wide player spots.

Not sure he’s done enough to convince Southgate to bring him back yet as he’s only been in one squad and he was a silly boy while he was with them.

Defenders are stuffed when he gets in that position as he can go either way so once you commit he’s going the other way against a player like him you need to work in numbers if he gets you one vs one you are relying on him messing it up.

Withdrawn from the England squad to recover from an underlying injury.

Did the same with the Euro U21 squad last time round too.

If he's got an injury he shouldn't be going Southgate already has enough starters he's going to be taking risks over with injury taking squad players with injuries would be a hell of a gamble.

Right decision, if he isn’t perfectly fit then he shouldn’t be going.

This is exactly what should he happening with Rashford, he’s going to muddle through the Euro’s and then potentially go into next season unfit.

Sounds like he's been carrying the injury since March. These lads are in desperate need of this end of season break.

Yup. It feels like there's been way too much football in way too short of a time for there to be an international tourney coming up. I'm having a hard time getting into it, so I'd imagine theres a lot of fatigue with the players as well, especially if they're injured. Take the summer off and come back strong for next season.

be even worse next year with FIFA WC who only have fans and players interests at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back