Mason Greenwood | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Neville exaggerated the lack of movement point. He starts the match with an agenda and then makes the same point during the 90 minutes irrespective of whether the point is valid or not.

If the movement was as bad as Neville suggests then that surely is a coaching issue?

Neville does go over the top but they were like statues at times. I think he tries to hard not to be bias. And then when greenwood came on and there was some movement you see the difference it makes.

I can’t imagine Ole is saying to the front three you just stand there.

I think it was a tactic he wanted two of the front 3 staying wide I think he hoped to exploit the space in the channels but utd just couldn’t get the ball out to the wide forwards quickly enough and there was no link between midfield and attack without a number 10.

I thought the front 3 were to wide and it meant they were all isolated never really had any team mates close to them and unless the ball came quickly they never really had any space to work in

They called out the front the 3 on the radio, but came to the conclusion the midfield wasn't doing enough, they had little service - In the first half

The midfield was struggling but the forward were basically stood still next to defenders so what can a midfielder do in that situation when he gets the ball and looks up he needs someone to be moving into space.

I do think the system was the problem rather than the personel Utd needed that number 10 player to be the link between the midfield and attack which is how we've played this back 3 system and when Lingard came on we did improve as the passing became a little bit shorter and we were able to move the ball better.

Next game in the league is Villa and I'd be tempted to give Greenwood his first start but with Astanna mid week not sure that will happen

Europa League: Manchester United 4-0 AZ Alkmaar - 12th December 2019

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On course for 10+ goals in his first season which would a brilliant achievement.

got to ask, do we need Haaland with this kid in the ranks

Possibly not, but we could do with more cover for our front three. If two of Rashford, Martial and James are out, we'll struggle.

Would be difficult to accommodate the addition of both Halaand and Sancho.

Give him a chance and he’ll more than likely score or at least hit the target. I think he is a fantastic talent and is so much like RVP it’s uncanny. We are lucky to have him.

Yes I think we need depth and more quality to cope with injuries/suspensions and to have players that can come off the bench so often when you look to the bench needing a goal there is nothing there.

Haaland is a proper centre forward that I think we currently lack.

Greenwood for me looks like a player who will thrive more as a wide player from the right.

If we got him our front 3 options would be Rashford, Martial, Haaland, James, Greenwood, Lingard personally I think that's a decent 6.

For me Greenwood is now a proper first team option in leagues games he should be getting starts to rest James the kid is quality he is ready to step up now.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Everton - 15th December 2019

Brilliant finish.

He should have been brought on earlier than he was.

He's already scored more goals for United than Falcao, Di Maria, Depay and Sanchez.

For me he’s earned the start infront if Martial or Lingard. Martial when Pogba is back.

If it isn’t working then yeah get Martial back in but the movement and touch of Greenwood on current form is better.

Either way he’s an exciting prospect we’ve known about for a long time that is taking his chance every time it’s handed to him and it’s about time he was offered a chance from the start in the league.

I'd be giving him some starts on the right ahead of James at the moment I think James needs a rest he's played nearly every minute at the start of the season.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 26th December 2019

Don’t see him starting the next game but at this point he has to be starting the majority of the rest of the games on the right of that front 3 just have to make sure he’s physically ready for it all.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Norwich City - 11th January 2020

Great and the best bit about you expected it because of his top finishing. Good output so far this season. His ceiling is so so high.

I wonder if he’ll be in Southgate’s thoughts for the next England squad - got to be honest I don’t when that is but he’s known for promoting early so wouldn’t be surprised.

Can’t see him near the England squad. It picks itself.

For the front 3 positions we have too many options. Rashford Kane Sterling Sancho Hudson-Odoi Abraham. And hopefully after the season Vardy is having we can talk him in to one more tournament.

I also think Ings should be in the side.

I think he should be considered over Hudson Odoi but I agree to many options in form for him to get that call.

For me he’s now the guy who should be starting as the first choice right forward especially at home start giving James some rest as he’s struggling a bit.

The kid is just quality he’s scoring goals in front of 70,000 people and it looks like it just feels normal for him but not in an arrogant way.

He’s still a couple of weeks younger than Rashford was when he made his debut.

FA Cup: Tranmere Rovers 0-6 Manchester United - 26th January 2020

Ole apparently intervened to get him to take the pen.

Thought he played well again don’t think he’s ready to be starting every game just yet but he’s cool in front of goal and making a big contribution to the team in his first season.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-0 Watford - 23rd February 2020

Absolute quality finish.

11 on the season now. Great return considering the minutes played.

I think United have a special player on their hands there. Certainly in terms of his finishing.

They need to be careful how they use him though. I thought first half passed him by a bit. He was excellent in the second half when the game opened up.

They need to be careful how they use him though. I thought first half passed him by a bit. He was excellent in the second half when the game opened up.

United should use him as a striker. He's a natural finisher who I think in general will be in and out of games.

He reminds me of rvp to a degree. He described himself as a nine and a half rather than a nine or a ten.

Was very good when he came on and instantly made us more dangerous. I agree he should be starting league games now. I feel like with our lack of midfield options right now, attack maybe the best form of defence.
Sounds about right to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back