0​
Red Cards​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

Pre-Season: Perth Glory 0-2 Manchester United - 13th July 2019

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like him. He looks a good positive player who plays on the front foot. Always looking to get at people.

Pre-Season 2019/20: Manchester United 4-0 Leeds United - 17th July 2019

Opened the scoring against Leeds. Looks as if he’s playing from the right wing a bit.

Opened the scoring against Leeds. Looks as if he’s playing from the right wing a bit.
Think he could get some opportunities on the right this year. It's an area we still lack good options really.

Ole says Greenwood is in contention for a start on the opening game against Chelsea

Definitely a promising young player that should get opportunities under Ole. And especially with this current squad.

Great inside cutting pass by Pogba there and so nice to see AWB get forwards. Nice finish by Greenwood too. Good team goal that.

Pre-Season: Manchester United 1-0 Inter Milan - 20th July 2019

Think it’s a big few months coming up for him if he does well he could lock down a spot in the first team.

I do think the hype needs to be kept under wraps a bit start him in Europa league games then off the bench in the league would be how I’d play it for now but there’s very little in his way to stop him potentially getting into this side.

Do think he'd benefit from having more senior players alongside him to keep the pressure off him on the pitch but we aren’t in that position right now.

He moves like RVP and that gets me very very excited

Europa League: Manchester United 1-0 Astana - 19th September 2018

Lovely finish. Dare I say it but shades of Van Persie about it.

His whole game has shades of RVP the way he kicks the ball is very Van Persie.

Great that he got his first goal thought he played well last night and he was getting rave reviews from the pundits.

This lad has to get a chance, natural finisher and the only way his game will improve is getting more time in the first team.

lets not forget he's only 17, Scholes just spoke about Foden on R5. You need to take time, Euro and cup games etc and just training with first team will help him.

Same as Gomes start him in the Europa League and League Cup games until Xmas and on the bench in the league getting minutes where we need him.

Sounds like he's just about to sign a new contract as well which is great news.

Physically still lots of development to come he's a 17 so over the next few years if he can stay fit our coaches should be able to help him fill out properly to become stronger and quicker but the technique is clearly there.

Michael Owen made a great point about him last night (I know) at this point it's about handling the mental side of it can he keep his focus, can he handle the pressure and can he avoid the distractions that will come.

I think it's a shame that he doesn't really have a senior pro to look up to in the squad and think if I just follow what he does I'll have a great career. I guess the best example would be someone like Mata who's played at the very top for years and basically won the lot but kept his feet grounded.

lets not forget he's only 17, Scholes just spoke about Foden on R5. You need to take time, Euro and cup games etc and just training with first team will help him.
No I completely agree with you, he needs to spearhead our attack for the Europa and league cup games in my opinion as I think he is that good.

Martial - Greenwood - Rashford, in order of finishers and playing the no.9 role.

EFL Cup: Manchester United 1-1 Rochdale - 25th September 2019

Brilliant finish, amongst the gloom here he is standing out by a mile. Unbelievable prospect.

Also loved Williams part in the goal, was hungry for the ball and looked aggressive which for anyone who watches the U23’s he has this aggressive side, which has got him in trouble a few times.

Europa League: Manchester United 3-0 Partizan Belgrade - 7th November 2019

For me he starts on the right of the front 3 vs Brighton.

Even if that means James or Rashford has to go to the bench this kid is the best option we have on the right side of our attack it's time for him to go in I think.

Premier League: Sheffield United 3-3 Manchester United - 24th November 2019

I’m sure he will start midweek but I’d like to see him starting league games soon.

Given our issues at number 10 I’d like to see Rashford or James in that position with Greenwood playing from the right especially in games where we need to break teams down.

Greenwood has played 10 at youth level, but he’s probably not ready to start there just yet.

With the lack of movement from James Rashford and Martial I’d have him starting. They can’t just stand still and expect the ball to reach them. They’re offering a poor midfield nothing.

Was very good when he came on and instantly made us more dangerous. I agree he should be starting league games now. I feel like with our lack of midfield options right now, attack maybe the best form of defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back