Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow he was in the red zone? He's not even played that much this season has he...

I would never have Carrick and schneiderlin in the same team.

I thought it was well understood earlier this season that Schneiderlin and Carrick didn't work in the same team? So why did we go back to that failed formula? Herrera surely was a valid option?! Especially alongside Schneiderlin who can sit and protect. I mean for god sake we were playing Sunderland!

One of my many issues with Van Gaal this season has been his insistence of playing 2 holding mids in every game.

One of my many issues with Van Gaal this season has been his insistence of playing 2 holding mids in every game.

In some games I can understand that. And by some games I mean the big games. But generally we should be able to go with a more attacking look in midfield or if needs be even alter the formation.

Like Mourinho at Chelsea, where he would play Fabregas next to Matic in most games but play him further forward in bigger games.

Playing Fabregas as a deep lying midfielder is fine though. His natural instinct is to get forwards and his passing let's him control even when deep. Then against the teams you expect to beat and dominate then yeah you push him forwards.

Not many would argue that Herrera is a central midfielder. He's not but in games like yesterday you can put him alongside Schneiderlin. He's not a cowboy, he will sit and tackle when absolutely needed.

Van Gaal: "Fellaini is injured. It's a muscle problem because he has played a lot of matches in a row, which is difficult for him."

Did he not play a lot of matches in a row for Everton?! Come off it LVG... I won't have that as a valid excuse. And if that's true then he's got to go because he's not fit enough to play for a club like ours.

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United - 10th March 2016

I will be in the minority, but I thought he was one of United's better players in the second half.

The very fact he was back in the starting line up pretty much says everything you need to know any how terrible LVG is!

Roll on the summer when we can get rid of Krusty and Coco the double act. Both are not fit to clean the players boots let alone be manager and apparently a key part of the team. Fellaini is a god awful player who has no business being at the club.

As a target man or someone to play up front with a predator around him maybe he's good to have... But not for a club like us!

That's not a good thing!

Hate to say it mate but no it's really not!

I see once again LVG said Fellaini was one of the our best players.

Firstly that doesn't say much, secondly it's a sad state of affairs when he is and thirdly it doesn't excuse the fact he's an ass who is a red card waiting to happen!

Tbh bob I also thought he was one of our better players. Unfortunately that is at least in part because everything goes through him when he plays. He drifts into the inside left position and we hit long diagonal balls for him to win. Firstly it's an awful way of playing football. Secondly the rest of the team isn't really set up to play that way. By bringing him back it completely overshadows what we have tried to do when he was out.

Manchester United 1-1 West Ham United - 16th March 2016

Van Gaal: "I think Fellaini played, again, a good match. That (the reaction to his sub) was disappointing. That was the only moment."

Thankfully, on this occasion I don't agree with Van Gaal's view on Fellaini's performance.

The reaction to his sub was unnecessary.

I just see what he brings to the team. Very frustrating player to watch.

Whilst I tend to agree that the reaction was unnecessary I can see why the fans reacted the way they did.

I'm no Fellaini fan, I don't see what he does for the team and I tend to find that he's just a hindrance. But people will say that they do see what he does and they feel he's done a decent job for us. That's fine because that's down to opinion.

However, yesterday he was embarrassing! I read somewhere that he gave the ball away 11 times in the first half! 11 times!!! How in the hell does that fit with LVGs possession based philosophy???

In the air I don't even see that he wins his fair share of battles. Maybe there's a stat that will prove me wrong but that's just what I see.

And to top it all off he's come back in to the side and broken up a partnership that was really showing promise!

I might be wrong but I suspect because blind is one of the centre backs he feels the need for height at both ends of the pitch for set pieces. Totally wrong way to look at it but that is my suspicion.

That could be the case mate... My issue with that approach though is that he's really not that good in the air! Plus if as a manager you make the decision to play a centre back who's actually not right for the position then you can't counter that by making another bad selection. And that I guess is why the guys a clown and fingers crossed won't be in charge next season.

‘Fellaini is not being used in his best position by Manchester United’

I happen to agree with this article... I'm not a Fellaini fan as most of you know but he's not being used in his best position for us.

I don't agree that he's best as a box to box midfielder though. He's not got the ability on the ball to drive the team forwards and he's not good enough defensively. Yes he can be a nuisance to the opposition but I think his best position is behind the striker. The issue I have is that he's not the right player for us to to play in that role.

For a club like Everton (when he was there) he was brilliant. They got the ball forwards to him early and he created havoc with his physicality and won knock downs for his strike partners. But that style and approach is not what our club is about.

Fellaini isn't a bad player... He's just not good enough for our club.

This is nothing new from Wilmots, he's been banging on about it since Fellaini joined us. Constantly moaning about Januzaj and Fellaini being badly used.

I can understand his complaints about us misusing Fellaini. He's not the player he was when we signed him that's for sure. And he's never really been used in the right way. But Januzaj from the sounds of it has brought his struggles on himself so there can't be any complaint there?

There's nothing wrong with Fellaini saying he feels like an honorary Manc.

Nothing wrong with it... I just don't get why. It's not like we've made him feel welcome really? It's not like he's adored by the fans. In fact he gets cheered off the pitch when he's finally subbed and not because he's played well.

Fellaini:

“I’ve lived here for five years in Manchester now, so I feel a really strong connection to it.

“I know the city, I know how they think. The people are fantastic, they love football. They have a great attitude - that’s what makes it the best football city in Europe.”

He made no reference to his time at United, he is referring to Manchester the city.

West Ham 1-2 Manchester United - 13th April 2016

He played well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He was a pesky bastard in the game and we needed that. He plays better in a 433 with one dm instead of 2.

Everton 0-1 Manchester United - 23rd April 2016

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was a very heavy first touch! But hey it ended in the back of the net ;):)!

Didn't see the second half but thought he was useless in the first half.

Come on Rich, give credit where it's due. He was very good in the first half. Nearly won is what should have been a penalty in the second half. Faded a bit towards the end there. But he had a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back