Status
Not open for further replies.
Valencia - 12/8/2014

He did really well when he came on. Still not sure he has a future but we'll see. I've been looking forward to seeing him under a different manager, to see if he can improve. Looked more mobile and passing was quicker.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been critical of Fellaini but that video made me smile. The ironic cheers were pretty funny at first but soon got tiresome as he made them look foolish with every passing minute. The celebrations at the end were great.

Hopefully showed Napoli they need a goal scoring midfielder.

Swansea City - 16/8/2014

Whenever he comes on it's hoofball galore

West Brom - 20/10/2014

Stunning strike. Played pretty well.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/ObIqBV6wv2t[/vine]

Yeah. He saved our bacon there. Was generally very good. Maybe it's because people have such low expectations of him. Might help him tbh.

Pleasantly surprised by his performance tonight. Looked woefully off the pace when he came on against Everton the other week. Did he play for Belgium during the international break? Surprised he didn't start if he had played as was sharper than Herrera, who was a risk. Great for him to get his first goal, could have had another.

Great finish, I'm still not convinced he should be a player for us but I'd be tempted to start him ahead of Mata and get him to fly some elbows at Terry and Cahill.

I'm starting to change my opinion on him, i'm not convinced he'll be kept though because I can see van Gaal looking for another physical player like Strootman. After the Valencia friendly and his 45 minutes last night, van Gaal looks like he can get the best out of him and Fellaini looks like he's at least willing to fight to stay at the club.

Too early to change your opinion of him. One good 45 mins is very little time to judge him

I didn't say I'd changed my opinion of him, said I'm starting too. He was the last person I wanted to see come on the other night but he made a big impact, not just when he got near or in the box either, he was good defensively and looked more mobile than his usual self.

I don't think he has a future here but he's going to fight for it and I respect that. Thought he would have wanted to go last summer as well as us wanting to sell him, had he not got injured he probably would have left.

Chelsea - 26/10/2014

Fantastic. Perhaps our best player today. Did a great job on Fabregas and in other areas. Very important part in our equaliser. Starting to believe he's at the club on his own merit rather than being a manager's mate.

Best game for us so far for me, I think the pressure is off for him now and utilised better a bit further forward. I was worried a few times when he was too far forward along with Mata and Chaill just strolled into a massive midfield gap.

Very good and probably his best game for United. He did a fantastic man marking job on Fabregas, he followed him everywhere an kept him very quiet.

Man of the Match for me, and not an elbow in sight. We needed a physical presence and he was the one again that provided it. Makes me wonder even more why Moyes couldnt get anything out of him.

Did a great job today in the match. Confident and assured performance and did what he had to do.

Missed that during the game. Must have been doing something.

He's much better when we pack the midfield, he was often left exposed in a 2 last season. Very good yesterday looked really up for the fight and that's something I had previously looked forward to when we signed him initially because he was always a big prescence in big games for Everton so perhaps he could do a job in future, but as I say only if we pack the midfield.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Van Gaal on Fellaini: "He has made a great contribution and also the assist for the [Chelsea] goal. He has had a lot of time out injured but when he is fit I have played him. He has to continue with that because then I am very pleased."

Manchester City - 2/11/2014

Good again, had a couple of chances where he should have done better though.

Our best player for my money. 47/52 passes completed (15/18 forward, 23/24 backward, 9/10 square), 6/8 tackles, 3/3 headed clearances, 3/3 clearances. Lucky not to concede a penalty, mind. He's playing with confidence.

Useful squad option at the very least based on his last three performances.

Doing very well it has to be said, took a lot of stick last season and was the subject of booing and ironic cheering in pre-season. Proving a lot of people wrong, he didn't look like he had the fight in him last season; wasn't winning tackles, wasn't winning headers and that was unacceptable for someone who's strength is his physicality.

I think he's benefitted tactically because of van Gaal but he also looks like the player Moyes had at Everton now.

Yeah he was very good, certainly up for the fight. We are using him more similarly to how he was utilized at Everton which I feel is the main reason for the improved showings.

I think Fellaini's improvement is a combination of several factors.

- Moyes
- Injury free
- Playing without injury
- Not carrying the burden of being the only summer signing
- Van Gaal
- Playing with confidence

He did play well in some games last season, but was found wanting against tougher opposition in a two man midfield.

He's better further forward where his positioning doesn't cost us as much. His tackling is rash but at least he isn't getting bullied by 5'3 real sociedad players this year.

Crystal Palace - 08/11/2014

Thought he was poor today. Didn't offer himself as an option enough in the middle, not really sure what his role was to be honest.

His least impressive performance since returning from injury. I thought he did okay overall, he had good moments and bad moments. He links well with Januzaj and played a few nice passes to him yesterday. 6/10 performance for me.

I didn't think he was poor but he was no better than average. Probably worth his place atm but not sure he is a long term option

I didn't understand the need for him yesterday, against teams that defend deep we need better footballers, i'd imagine Herrera is still feeling his rib injury, seen some suggest he's not rated but I think the fact he was rushed back to play West Brom suggests otherwise.

Arsenal - 22/11/2014

Very good second half performance. The pass to Di Maria for the second goal was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back