Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Crystal Palace - 14/9/2013

Overshadowed a bit by Januzaj but did well, contributed at both ends of the pitch, nice to see a bit of strength in our midfield.

Comfortable on the ball. Decent first touch, and a physical presence we have not really had before. Pretty happy with what I saw.

He should have started. Strong, comfortable on the ball and excellent in the air. Promising.

Moyes had one eye on Tuesday I reckon, think we might see a 3 man mid of Carrick, Fellaini and Cleverley and then again against City.

Enjoyed his performance, rarely gave the ball away, won the ball back in tackles and interceptions, also did 2 things we rarely see from midfield; shooting and winning headers.

Bayer Leverkusen - 17/9/2013

Very good. Nice to have someone in midfield with a bit of strength. Bullied opposition at times. The amount of headers he won is something we've not seen in a long while from one of our MF's. Intercepted a lot of their passes too and then offloaded to someone more creative.

Played well again tonight. Calm on the ball and made a lot of tidy passes

Excellently fulfilled his defensive duties, but I thought his passing was iffy at times. The Carrick-Fellaini has the potential to dominate the midfield area.

Like what I saw from Fellaini, won EVERY header and gave us stability in the middle of the park. I admit i was sceptical about us signing him, but now I have seen him working in our team, I wouldnt hesitate making him 1st choice option with Carrick

Looking forward to the 2 of them together when Carrick gets going, as always he has started the season slowly.

Manchester City - 22/9/2013

Poor. Struggled to impose himself and offered little presence until he played closer to Rooney. Hopefully a learning experience for him and he now has a better idea of what is needed in big games.

Very poor defensively. Looked good on Wednesday but couldn't handle the pace yesterday.

Shakhtar Donetsk - 2/10/2013

Horrible night. Sloppy in possession, though he wasn't alone, but stood out. Improvement much needed.

Needs to improve. Hasn't played an awful lot of football in recent years as a midfielder and you can tell that. Defensively not good. Slow. Poor in possession. Made 8 fouls! Very poor.

Needs to improve. Hasn't played an awful lot of football in recent years as a midfielder and you can tell that. Defensively not good. Slow. Poor in possession. Made 8 fouls! Very poor.

I thought the referee was poor.

European refs are stricter on fouling, wouldn't have been fouls in the Prem but they are in the CL, lack of experience showed. 5 more fouls than any of our other players, only 1 less than the rest of the side put together. His passing stats for the game aren't actually that bad, seemed like he gave the ball away a lot more. Was dispossessed 5 times and turned over 3 times though which is probably what made it seem like that.

Yeah, European referees are more strict. The referee's performance was poor though regardless of the difference. Maybe it's me with my biased head on but I thought most of the 50-50 decisions went the way of the home team.

Poor in possession and gets beaten to the ball too easily.

Injury, I think. I believe Moyes said he was injured in yesterday's press conference.

Wrist injury. Moyes said post-match "it doesn't look good". Disappointing for him.

He was poor alright, his third poor game on the bounce. He seems to be lacking confidence or am I being kind? He needs to be quicker in thought and movement when in possession.

Surely your confidence would go through the roof if you signed for one of the biggest clubs in the world? It's not as if he is new to the country/league. At one point he lost the ball and Adnan/Nani/Rooney ran back and he was lumbering, not acceptable.

Surely your confidence would go through the roof if you signed for one of the biggest clubs in the world? It's not as if he is new to the country/league. At one point he lost the ball and Adnan/Nani/Rooney ran back and he was lumbering, not acceptable.

You would like to think so, but it's not always the case. Perhaps playing and training with better players can knock confidence if said player has deficiencies.

Anderson would have played better than Fellaini today! Didnt really get involved and just drifted around

True, that is a bit far fetched, lol

OK, how about one our our U21 CM's would have done better, at least they would have had more enthusiasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back