Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal Palace - 22/2/2014

Positive performance from him. Only just back from injury. Looked more mobile. Bit more aggressive. Hopefully more to come.

Played well (especially the first half) considering the game was his first after a lengthy lay-off. Did the simple things well and was positive. We could see a different Fellaini now he is properly fit.

I thought the comments for worse player were about Fellaini as I went into the wrong thread. I thought he did well today given he has not played a game for 11 weeks

He looked good. Only problem for me is he looks a bit lazy in tracking back. It left carrick with a huge hole to fill at times.

Yeah did well. I'd worry against certain sides about the lack of mobility in the middle with himself and Carrick but Palace were a good side for them to come up against.

A 2 of Carrick and Fellaini against a team like City it'll be a bad idea. Need either Jones or Clev in against City and Liverpool, and most other games to be honest. Thought he was more mobile and less timid at the weekend. Positionally a bit all over the place. I think a lot of his problems stem from him not playing too often as a deeper midfielder, he's still learning the role.

Ivory Coast - 5/3/2014

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A first for us on the weekend now hopefully.

I wasn't that keen on us signing him and i'm unsure of his future with us but i'm willing to give him a chance to prove his worth, certainly not going to write him off after just 6-7 months in which he's spent most of that injured.

West Bromwich Albion - 8/3/2014

Impressive performance. His defensive work was largely good (4/5 tackles, 8/8 clearances, 5/5 headed clearances, 4/4 aerial duels and 5 interceptions), passing was simple, but effective (64/71, 90%) and he showed nice interplay (Mata on the right and in the build up to the third goal) and he made himself available for defenders & attackers. Another confident performance to build on.

I thought he was good today. I don't think him and Carrick are the best partnership but I think he can play the Carrick role. Seems a little more confident since he came back from injury.

Dodgy first half 7/10 in the 2nd. We'll see how he gets on against better opposition.

Good performance. Both him and Carrick played well today but the partnership is a worry ahead of next week when they'll come up against a better side, quicker players too. Ongoing problem with his back also a problem.

Good performance, especially in second half. He played well against Palace as well. i'm sure we'll get better as long as he gets more time on the pitch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's been decent since he's been back. Finally showing glimpses of what he can do. He needs to start Sunday, possibly with Fletcher perhaps. I know he was overpriced at what we got him for, but he's still a terrific player. The season has been plagued by injury. Hopefully he can stay fit and get a run in the team now. In the games he's played since returning, he's definitely been impressive.

Fellaini reminder | Football News | Sky Sports

Fellaini was the pre-eminent figure. He had the most touches (98) and made the most passes (71) of anyone on the pitch. He was everywhere, covering 12.04km according to the Premier League tracking data. Again, that was more than anyone on either side. He was at the heart of things and gave his team a platform from which to play.

West Ham United - 22/3/2014

Fantastic today. Both he and Fletcher, who I thought did the 'Carrick' job very well, perhaps better than any of Carrick's performances this season to be honest. My opinion of Fellaini has improved since he's returned, think that's the same for most too, don't think he should be a first team regular but will be a good squad player I think. Get 2 better CM's in and Fellaini, Carrick, Fletcher and Cleverley can all come in now and again to play with either new additions, as long as new additions are good enough, should be able to rest players then, we've not been able to do that much in recent seasons, Carrick has played a lot and perhaps this season we've seen the effects of that with his form not being as good and the achilles injury which had been a problem for a few seasons, despite him continuing to play with it.

He's improved a lot lately. He's not looking a "shocking" buy now, but one or two CMs are still needed.

Yeah he played well today. Good on the ball, safe passing. Did a great job on Carroll too, refused to let himself be bullied by him.

£27.5m was a lot but forget how much he cost, he's doing a good job and with Carrick, Fletch, Giggs coming to the end of their careers we will need more depth in CM. He's not a regular United starter for me but has shown he can come in now and again and do a job.

Had a tough start then got injured, thought it was harsh for people to write him off after that. Centre mid is not really a position he played a lot in for Everton, especially in recent seasons. He's had to adapt to the position again. Could have got a goal or even 2 today. People will expect him to score same as when he was at Everton, think that's unlikely with him playing deeper but can certainly chip in.

One of his best games for us. I still think we've got a lot more to come from Fellaini, he's been poor so far but you don't get in the Belgium midfield without a being a quality player.

Three decent outings in four since his return from injury. He was defensively excellent yesterday.

He's never likely to justify the transfer fee, but what we paid for him is not his fault. My view on Fellaini hasn't changed, I think he will be a very useful squad player. Does he bear the brunt of last summer's transfer window? Would there be less criticism of him if we had signed Fellaini plus two others?

Is he harshly judged by referees?

He is probably too similar to carrick to play alongside him but I believe he can share that responsibility and eventually take over. Mightily impressed with the way he dealt with carroll yesterday.

Yes Carroll loves to dish it out but by god he went over so softly on a few occasions. I thought he played really well. Maybe there will be more to come from him once moyes gets the players he's after to be able to play the system he wants.

I think he is harshly judged by referees. He is a battler, never flickered on his role against the thug. West ham are so 1 dimensional. Thugs all over the park.

Manchester City - 25/3/2014

‘He’s not been great, has he?’ said Scholes, one of the greatest midfielders of his generation. ‘You have to admit that. For a central midfielder at Manchester United for £27m, I’m expecting a few goals at least.

‘He did have problems with his wrist and I know he missed a lot of games but, for the money they paid for him, I’d be expecting a lot more, to be honest with you.'
Asked if Fellaini should have been sent off, Scholes replied: 'Yes, without a shadow of a doubt. It's a proper bang into his jaw. How do you get away with that? I've no idea. The referee's stood five yards away.'

Paul Scholes slams Marouane Fellaini after shocking derby defeat but insists David Moyes deserves time | Mail Online

Desperate Fellaini so off the pace for sorry United as City win easy derby clash | Mail Online

Regardless of the money, he wasn't what we needed or of the quality we needed. Not a bad player, on a par with what we have, need better. I'd like to see him play under a different manager. If last season's squad is underperforming with Moyes in charge, a different manager could get better out of Fellaini.

Off the ball work was poor on Tuesday

The transfer fee is not Fellaini's fault, Moyes and Woodward should share the blame. Better quality is needed in midfield against top teams. The club seemingly acknowledge this based on the players we have been linked with. Fellaini will be a useful squad player. No harm in having player of his quality to play against lesser teams if the squad is supplemented with quality. He will have a better United career than the likes of Anderson.

Aston Villa - 29/3/2014

He has to stop leading with his arm when going for headers.

I was disappointed by Fellaini's off the ball movement in the first half. He didn't create space or make an angle for a pass. He or Fletcher needed to collect the ball off the centre backs. He improved as the game wore on.

Off the ball work was poor on Tuesday

The transfer fee is not Fellaini's fault, Moyes and Woodward should share the blame. Better quality is needed in midfield against top teams. The club seemingly acknowledge this based on the players we have been linked with. Fellaini will be a useful squad player. No harm in having player of his quality to play against lesser teams if the squad is supplemented with quality. He will have a better United career than the likes of Anderson.

There has been no evidence to support that.

Having seen Anderson for six years I think there's plenty of evidence to suggest that Fellaini will have a better United career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back