Sideshow Bob

England U16s Coach Kenny Swain has named Marcus Rashford in his 18-man squad for this season's Sky Sports Victory Shield opener in Northern Ireland.

England's opening fixture is tonight, live on Sky Sports 2 at 7.45.

Good to hear. Think he's still only 14, kid's got talent from what i've heard. If you look at the team photo from the Marveld tournament you can tell he's younger than the others, he's tiny.

*Edited your post as his name is Rashford not Rushford.

Rashford has been named in England's U16 squad for the fixture against Germany on the 13th February.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's a talent. Problem I found with him is he can shy away, similar in style to Morrison but Rav would have been far more involved in games, that said when I've watched Rashford he's been playing ahead his age group so that's understandable. If he becomes a big influence in this seasons under 18 side contributing goals and assists regualrly then he should be on the right track to making it here, he certainly has the ability.

He looks bigger and stronger in the video clip. Youth players don't half change over the summer. Looking forward to watching him this season.

I had same though SB. Hopefully got his head screwed on unlike the last highly promising attacking mid from our academy.

Has been disappointing so far this season for me, but is due to sign a new contract in the coming weeks. Apparently interest from Chelsea, City and Arsenal etc, but he doesnt want a move. Just the finer details to discuss before he signs a new deal.

U18s as a whole being disappointing a reason for Rashford being disappointing though, manc1976?

I agree, the group of U18's have been very inconsistent, and some of that will be down to injuries and also having to play some of the U16's due to International games going on with some of our lads playing for them.

Rashford himself, has only had one good game that I have seen him play. He is normally a lot better at influencing the game. he might just be a slow starter this season.

Hopefully just a blip.

It's really annoying that MUTV don't seem to show half as many of the games as they used to, don't get to see them much anymore.

I dont understand why they didnt show the game on Saturday as it didnt clash with anything? Mind you, we were awful !

Pleased for Rashford. I've been very impressed with what I've seen of him this season, he's stepped his game up massively. His physique is striking compared to when he came on the scene, although it's easy to forget how young he was when he first started playing for the under 18's.

He seems a mature and hard working lad. His talent was never in question, what may still be in question is his position although he does look more and more a striker game by game and his finishing has come on a lot. He's definitely one who has a chance of making it here, had a few doubts last season but if he keeps going the way he is he will definitely be given opportunities down the line.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back