Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of players sit out when they have the slightest knock this lad tries to carry on which is what top players often have to do.

We shouldn’t be forcing him to play through injuries but even injured he’s still doing better than the rest most games.

If we had a half decent deputy you might consider saying go get the surgery done but we don’t do he’s got to try and tough it out. The way he’s played recently though if he is injured and it is impacting his game you wonder what’s the point in carrying on get the surgery done and get him right for next season.

Lindelof seems to be doing the same to has an on going back issue that he has to manage and last season Maguire basically played on one leg after he got injured during the run in.

I wouldn't want to knock Rashford, as far as I am concerned he is already a legend at the club. He is United through and through.
But there is one thing I think he should change in his game. When fully fit he is a formidable opponent and you certainly would not want him running at you.
But, if and when he playing when not fully fit, with an injury or just needing rest because of too much game time he should stop running down blind ally's and getting dispossessed. When this happens he is usually surrounded by 3 players, obviously this leaves others in space. He needs to pick his moment to check his run and find the killer pass. Others need to know to expect this and be there for that pass.

Took his goal well but was pretty ineffective in the game doesn’t look fit to me but with the injuries to the squad doesn’t look like he will get a break.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sublime first touch and top finish.

First player to score 20 goals in consecutive seasons since Rooney.

Further proof to me that he’s pushing towards that top class bracket.

20+ goals from the wing is what you expect from top players and the best of them do it season after season.

SAtill needs to sort the running down blind alleys problem

SAtill needs to sort the running down blind alleys problem

Think he needs to develop his left foot and go outside more often keep the opponent guessing.

They know he coming inside and there’s normally 2 or 3 waiting for him when he does.

Sublime first touch and top finish.

First player to score 20 goals in consecutive seasons since Rooney.

In 08/09 09/10 if that's true it's outrageous and I can't find someone who has.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In 08/09 09/10 if that's true it's outrageous and I can't find someone who has.

It’s true.

Think since then only Rooney, RVP, Zlatan, Lukaku, Martial and Rashford have had 20+ goal seasons and non have done it twice until Rashford.

If he touches up on a couple of facets of his game then he can be one of the very best in the world. He is frustrating at times but we are very lucky to have him at the club and at 23 has so much potential to get better and better.

He's terrible. I'm not sure he's actually ever going to be a top player. He's a great guy with a great story but he's just not that good. He's been poor for some time now and shouldn't have started.
Again, agree entirely. I've been saying this for sometime now, much to the chagrin of many on this forum, he wouldn't be in my starting 11.
Apart from his trademark back pass to Shaw, when Rashford is facing the opposition's goal, Utd either lose possession or the ball goes out of play over 70% of the time. That's deplorable.
Wonder if Southgate feels the need for him?

He's terrible. I'm not sure he's actually ever going to be a top player. He's a great guy with a great story but he's just not that good. He's been poor for some time now and shouldn't have started.
He’ll win the Ballon d’or in his career without a doubt.

Received racist abuse on Social Media since the match.

Once again the lad has been pushed through the pain barrier to get out on the pitch this simply has to stop as it’s no good for Utd or him.

He was poor last night but you can see he’s not fit got clattered after 9 minutes and never got in the game and Ole should have subbed him.

Southgate should not be taking this guy to the euros this summer he needs to take a break and sort these injuries out and get back to his best because at his best he is a really top quality player.

I hope that's sarcasm bud
Dead serious.

There is no doubting his ability surely? Some of his skill and play is sublime. Sure I would probably still describe him as a rough diamond in certain areas but have no doubt he will be considered as world class in time.

I’m glad we have him at the club for all reasons. Both on and off the pitch.

Dead serious.

There is no doubting his ability surely? Some of his skill and play is sublime. Sure I would probably still describe him as a rough diamond in certain areas but have no doubt he will be considered as world class in time.

I mean look that's your opinion bud. Do I think he has that raw talent? Yeah of course. But he's still a rough diamond despite how much he's played. I get that he's still young but I think there should of been more growth at this point. I just don't think he is going to develop in to a world class player.

A player who can do world class things? Sure. A player with top moments? Yeah definitely. But not consistent enough. I still think there's real questions over what position he should play. He's not a striker but he's not a winger either.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's something wrong with his left side. He has been incapable of beating anyone while on the left, but did it right away once he was moved right. He likes to cut inside which involves pushing off his left leg (while out left). If that's where the issue is, it might explain why he runs so upright while on the left. I don't really know, but whatever it is needs sorting out. He's far too good and valuable to the way we play to have another season like this.

Dead serious.

He needs to concentrate more on the on the pitch stuff mate too many distractions its costing him and United schools dinners writing a book etc stick to football Marcus. That said the disgusting racial abuse he has come under since the match is an absolute disgrace

21 goals and 15 assists while playing with injured shoulder, injured back and injured knee.

Imagine the level this guy could get to if this is him whilst people think he's rubbish.

His biggest problem is that he's willing to run through walls for this club and people slate him for it. Most would have had the surgery and we'd have finished outside the top 4 without him.

Injured left shoulder. Injured left knee. Injured spine. Specifics of them we don't know. But Ole says playing through the pain is causing him to tire a lot quicker than usual too.

Needs surgery on the shoulder which is happening this summer.

Figured it was the left side. FFS that's some list, especially for someone who relies on quick bursts of pace and change of direction.

What's happening to the spine and knee? I remember him being out with a back injury that probably required surgery.

Injured left shoulder. Injured left knee. Injured spine. Specifics of them we don't know. But Ole says playing through the pain is causing him to tire a lot quicker than usual too.

Needs surgery on the shoulder which is happening this summer.
So Ole, in all his wisdom, chose to play him in a.Euro final. Didn't that backfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back