Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League: Sheffield United 2-3 Manchester United - 17th December 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Absolutely excellent tonight. Probably a bit lucky with the second goal as the keeper made a right hash of it but his overall play was brilliant.

Yep he was just to good for them they couldn't get near him at times in this sort of mood he's pretty unstoppable.

Premier League: Manchester United v Leeds United - 20th December 2020

Didn’t score today but his overall play is improving week on week. He looks stronger and leaner than I’ve seen him. His hold up play and strength is improving. He mesmerised the Leeds defence at times.

Didn’t score today but his overall play is improving week on week. He looks stronger and leaner than I’ve seen him. His hold up play and strength is improving. He mesmerised the Leeds defence at times.

You can tell his confidence is high the way he’s striking the ball it’s clean hits every time and hopefully he’s shook off that shoulder problem.

He was taking the P out of the Leeds players today.

Premier League: Leicester City 2-2 Manchester United - 26th December 2020

Premier League: Manchester United 1-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 29th December 2020

Not a fan of him playing on the right to be honest think it nullifies his threat I get why we're doing it as he probably is the best option we've got at that spot at the moment but this right wing slot really needs sorting as he's not the answer to the problem.

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United - 17th January 2021

Frustrating performance.

He’s a good player, but I think his lack of consistency in decision making and execution will prevent him from being a top player.

His awareness is terrible most of the time. Spent a lot of todays game running offside. He has potential but he is getting to an age where it has to be realised.

Tough game saw very little of the ball and struggled to time his runs against a very aggressive high line.

Think he’s a winger now I don’t see him going back to being a centre forward I think Ole tried something today and it didn’t come off. Was surprised he didn’t swap Martial and Rashford during the game but think Rashford found more influence after Cavani came on and Rashford went wide.

Right now he’s a Nani not a Ronaldo good not great but I think he’s got that Ronaldo drive to get better so hopefully he keeps improving. His close control and first touch for example have improved dramatically in the last 18 months.

The pressure is on him now he’s a key player we need him to be a difference maker in these big games if we want to win a title.

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United - 17th January 2021

Frustrating performance.

He’s a good player, but I think his lack of consistency in decision making and execution will prevent him from being a top player.
x2 if you consider Martial as well.

His decision making can be very questionable at times. When he had a free run at Fabinho I don’t think he really had any clarity of what he was going to do, and in the end just ran into a blind alley. It’s those sort of situations which he vastly needs to improve. I would give him a breather against Fulham.

His decision making can be very questionable at times. When he had a free run at Fabinho I don’t think he really had any clarity of what he was going to do, and in the end just ran into a blind alley. It’s those sort of situations which he vastly needs to improve. I would give him a breather against Fulham.

I think he made the right call he used the Cavani run as a decoy but he was hoping Pogba would get up outside of him as well but he just couldn't keep up.

Fabinho defended that situation really well and Rashford just couldn't quite beat him for speed and get round the outside of him.

I think the rest has to come against Liverpool in the cup next weekend they have to start a strong team against Fulham who've been in good form lately.

FA Cup: Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - 24 January 2021

Disappeared after his goal but was brilliant first half showed why he should always be on the left of that attack.

Hopefully the injury isn’t serious.

Becomes our third player in a week to be racially abused on social media. Pathetic.

I think if I was one of the ones on the receiving end being key players for us. I'd refuse to play.
Or join together and force them to put out a white only team and watch us get spanked and see how the racist react then. I know this could never happen in today's society there'd be uproar. (And rightly so because I guess that would be the racist winning but surely their football team getting hammered would also be a punishment. And j know on a serious level it would be a stupid idea. Just angers me that these are basically young men receiving abuse because we've dropped points. Yes it's annoying but they should be able to go home from work and switch off)

Nor that any of their teammates would go along with it. But having their skill and ability taken away for a game is what the racist clowns abusing them deserve.

The club have got to step up and do something about this. It can't be happening every time we drop points. I'm not sure if they released any statements last time?

In the world of technology how difficult can it be for these people to be tracked down and given proper punishments?

You can't not play, it might not be a United fan.

They spoke about this on football Focus, another player received it too this week, might have been a Chelsea player.
But what they were saying was, if the tech firms take away all the fake accounts, or if they bring in passport required etc, their user numbers drop, affecting their shares.
Money is more important than social equality of course

Pathetic

The argument over ID to create an account is flawed what about countries with dictatorships where anonymous social media accounts have assisted in getting change or exposing criminal behaviour. This is the argument against but is it strong enough most countries with these regimes block a lot of the big social media sites.

What they’ve got to get is a more robust banning process can they ban access from your IP address to stop you setting up yet another burner account after a ban?

Should athletes or high profile people turn comments off on posts for a while stop giving these people a platform for their toxic opinions? Again that hurts them as they can no longer engage with their fans in a positive way if you turn off comments what is the point in posting?

All I’d say is it’s good these players don’t just sit and take it suffering in silence they speak out and should continue to do so until it stops because it’s sick.

if they use a VPN, which you assume they would, then the ip address banning wont work.

if they use a VPN, which you assume they would, then the ip address banning wont work.
Yeah that’s the issue and you can get a free VPN on your browser so easily these days. This is how these online trolls get away with it setting up multiple accounts.

I really don’t know how you can police it unless like jsp said the comments are turned off. But again what’s the point of posting if you cannot engage with your fans. Obviously 90% of stuff is probably positive but there will always be those 10% of idiots who just post to be a troll.

Surely they need to also look at word filters and maybe whoever it is that decides the emojis we have pre loaded on to phones/tablets need to remove the banana and also the monkey/gorilla emoji from the options.

Twitter is just a much bigger version of a forum or chat room the issue is it's so big how do you moderate it to make sure everyone is following the rules? The truth is you can't and if you introduce technology to enforce the rules users will get fed up and move away from it so the owners are caught between a rock and a hard place.

It is time for legislation to solve the online troll problem and that should be targetted at finding the people doing it and charging them and also fining the platforms if they aren't acting quickly enough to stop it.

I'd normally say to players just don't bother having the online presence in the first place but then you look at the good Rashford has been able to do this year through his platform and think why shouldn't he be able to use social media.

Man Utd 3-3 Everton

Two huge chances to kill the game off and didn’t take them.

Works hard for the team but he has to start taking more of these chances if he wants to be considered amongst the very best... he is so close to that unstoppable world class talent status.

West Brom 1-1 Man Utd

anonymous today just isn’t on his game but deserves to start on the left and not be forced to play on the right to accommodate others.

Palace 0-0 Man Utd

Another poor performance being played through bad form looks like a lad who needs a break from the team.

Dreadful performance. Every pass that went into him just bounced off him. Seemingly trying to dribble with his eyes closed and his passing would have been great if he was playing for Palace! Needs a break but he won’t get it.

Thing is normally you'd say have a break make up an injury and send him to Dubai for a few days gets some sun on your back and relax this happens all the time but due to Covid we can't do that.

He has to start vs City especially with Martial injured and Cavani only just back but he shouldn't be starting vs Milan in the Europa League matches he shouldn't even be on the bench and travelling for those games but Ole only has kids.

According to James Ducker he’s playing with a shoulder injury that needs surgery which he wants to put off until after the euros in the summer.

Seems to be a lad who’s happy to play through the pain.

Or not play through the pain. More like, be on the pitch through the pain

Let's be fair to him a little bit. 29 combined goals and assist from the left wing with a lot of the season to go is a good return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back