Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just needs to develop his killer instinct, this comes with confidence and belief, it takes time but I'm sure he will get there; and when he does he will be ace.

He just needs to develop his killer instinct, this comes with confidence and belief, it takes time but I'm sure he will get there; and when he does he will be ace.
He already has it, he just needs to rediscover it. When you have sight of goal like he did a couple of times tonight you need to bang it and test the keeper. It wouldnt surprise me if he got this message relayed to him on the pitch tonight which resulted in the winner.

He already has it, he just needs to rediscover it. When you have sight of goal like he did a couple of times tonight you need to bang it and test the keeper. It wouldnt surprise me if he got this message relayed to him on the pitch tonight which resulted in the winner.
Just seems like a bit of mental block; nothing insurmountable, a bit of mentoring and he'll be alright because he's easily young enough.

That's 2 in 2 when this lad gets on a run and his confidence builds he can be devastating lets hope he builds on this

Has anyone considered how much of a distraction his humanitarian efforts are off the pitch. Its a noble cause he is fighting but he's a better politician at the moment than he is a footballer.

He's actually finding a bit of form. Played well against Newcastle and PSG and was one of our better players against Chelsea but had no one else with him providing attacking input.

League only
5 games
2 goals
2 assists

Think he’s had a good start was our most dangerous player vs Chelsea forced two good saves out of their keeper while feeding off scraps.

In the last few weeks he’s started looking like the player we saw before his back injury he never really looked at his best after lockdown.

I don’t think his off field work is having any impact on the pitch whatsoever.

Has anyone considered how much of a distraction his humanitarian efforts are off the pitch. Its a noble cause he is fighting but he's a better politician at the moment than he is a footballer.
It needs keeping an eye on that he doesn't get carried away with it.
There was a moment against Chelsea I was a bit disappointed with him. He had a chance that had it gone in it would have been pretty much a replication of his winning goal against PSG. On this occasion the keeper saved it with his foot and it seemed very predictable to me.
He needs to learn to mix it up a bit, the keeper went down early and could easily have been chipped.

Very different chances PSG he shoots through a crowd with the keeper almost on his line vs Chelsea he was one vs one with the keeper off the line and he shot early trying to catch the keeper off guard and just didn’t hit the corner.

I think he should have took another touch to get in closer but I think he was worried if he took another touch the keeper would rush him. Was a good save but I think a more natural finisher takes the touch to setup an easier chance.

This isn’t his first adventure into fundraising for charities and I don’t see how it will impact him on the pitch especially in empty grounds. I wonder how crowds would be reacting to what he’s been doing? I’m sure our away fans would take some pride in singing “Marcus Rashford.... he’s feeding your kids!” at opponent fans.

I wonder how crowds would be reacting to what he’s been doing? I’m sure our away fans would take some pride in singing “Marcus Rashford.... he’s feeding your kids!” at opponent fans.
An interesting question; I would change the 'your kids' to 'the kids', to see if we could get the oppo fans joining in. The would send a real message.

An interesting question; I would change the 'your kids' to 'the kids', to see if we could get the oppo fans joining in. The would send a real message.

Pretty sure I know which version would appeal to our away fans more especially when visiting Liverpool or Leeds for example.

Champions League: Manchester United 5-0 RB Leipzig - 28th October 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Feeding the kids while feasting on goals.

Fantastic when he came on the space was there and he ran rings round the opponent when he came on.

Massive improvement with the finishing... Clinical is the word... I've waited for a while to use that adjective for a United striker.... Happy to be proved wrong but iron sharpens iron..... Fingers crossed he kicks on

Couldn't find this on twitter and not sure if it'll link a FB post but stats on goals against the top 6 since start of 2019/20 season

Premier League: Manchester United 0-1 Arsenal - 1st November 2020

Words fail me

Mike Dean had a shocker today, letting Rashford get fouled repeatedly without booking the perps. Rashford didn’t shine today but it’s hard to do that when you keep getting fouled whenever you get the ball. Gabriel should have been sent off at minimum. Arteta’s tactic to nullify Rashford was to foul the shit out of him and Dean let it happen.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-1 Arsenal - 1st November 2020

Words fail me

What’s your issue with him today?

Created our only chance of the game with a great pass to Greenwood, had no one near him first half as the midfield all wanted to be quarter backs dropping into the defence then playing crap passes that get easily cut out.

Got booted all over the shop by defenders who took it in turns and the ref did sod all about it.

He wasn’t great but the 4 midfielders who started today all chucked in 3/10 performances.

Even Roy Keane picked him out post match as having negative body language, shrugging his shoulders and not rolling up his sleeves... Keano was there live and I take his observations over anyone else... Also seen Rashford fail to clear the first man with a corner when trying to get the equaliser.... Simply not good enough...

Problem is modern day United fans expectations have been lowered and we glorify mediocrity... Won't be long till we have open bus parade for top 4 finish a la Arsenal.... Bryan Robson played in an unachieving United side in the mid 80s yet he regularly ran through brick walls for the club and his body got broke for the cause... This lot are a joke pure and simple

Reactions: RVN
Problem is modern day United fans expectations have been lowered and we glorify mediocrity... Won't be long till we have open bus parade for top 4 finish a la Arsenal.... Bryan Robson played in an unachieving United side in the mid 80s yet he regularly ran through brick walls for the club and his body got broke for the cause... This lot are a joke pure and simple

You say modern day Utd fans accepting mediocrity but the modern fan is judging every player against the greats of the Fergie era. We can all hard on back to glory days of the 90's and 00's or the not so glory days on the 80's where Robson carried us but it's not going to get us anywhere.

The difference between then and now is we were a club starved of success for a long time, we appointed a young hungry manager, we had a board willing to back that manager allowing him to spend big on some of the best talent from within the English league. He didn't care who he upset along the way doing it.

I don't expect Utd to win the league every year but I expect them to challenge for it every single season there's absolutely no excuse for this club not challenging for titles even with our pathetic owners the money has still been there, the facilities are still there, the fans are still there.

Keane obviously watched Rashford in the flesh yesterday we can only see what's picked up on camera but the standard of the passing first half I'm sure he was getting frustrated, the ref not clamping down on the fouling on him every time he got the ball won't have helped either but he kept going and was the only player who really looked like getting us anything in the game. That's why I find it odd that he was singled out when there were plenty of other targets on the day.

I think in general we all like Marcus and believe he is a good player. Is he as good as some say he is? probably not. He is another one who we cannot decide his best position. We have these issues all over the pitch, good players but not the best in their position.

I think in general we all like Marcus and believe he is a good player. Is he as good as some say he is? probably not. He is another one who we cannot decide his best position. We have these issues all over the pitch, good players but not the best in their position.

I think the only teams in the league he doesn't start is Spurs (Son and Kane) and maybe Liverpool (Mane and Firmino) I think every other club in the country starts him either at centre forward or left wing.

I don't think he can play up front on his own but in a two he's good as he isn't really a back to goal player which is why he's much better playing from wide getting on the ball and facing his opponents.

You say modern day Utd fans accepting mediocrity but the modern fan is judging every player against the greats of the Fergie era. We can all hard on back to glory days of the 90's and 00's or the not so glory days on the 80's where Robson carried us but it's not going to get us anywhere.

The difference between then and now is we were a club starved of success for a long time, we appointed a young hungry manager, we had a board willing to back that manager allowing him to spend big on some of the best talent from within the English league. He didn't care who he upset along the way doing it.

I don't expect Utd to win the league every year but I expect them to challenge for it every single season there's absolutely no excuse for this club not challenging for titles even with our pathetic owners the money has still been there, the facilities are still there, the fans are still there.

Keane obviously watched Rashford in the flesh yesterday we can only see what's picked up on camera but the standard of the passing first half I'm sure he was getting frustrated, the ref not clamping down on the fouling on him every time he got the ball won't have helped either but he kept going and was the only player who really looked like getting us anything in the game. That's why I find it odd that he was singled out when there were plenty of other targets on the day.
To be fair I was asked specifically why I wasn't happy with his performance rather than singling him out.... Don't get me wrong though I'm not comparing this lot with the glory days as I did highlight the 80s specifically.

My point about accepting mediocrity is because I regularly see posts saying how good these players are when clearly the results tell a different story... Not saying you should be comparing to past players but stop the OTT praise as it's undeserved.

I firmly believe that the hype is counter productive as these young unproven talents feel like they have made it prematurely... Let's cool it down and let them develop before banging on how good they are....

At the end of the day all I want to see is passion and accountability... The rest is a bonus

Withdrawn from the England squad due to shoulder injury suffered against Everton.

Is Ole doing a Fergie when it comes to protecting United players from meaningless England friendlies over important United games?

Is Ole doing a Fergie when it comes to protecting United players from meaningless England friendlies over important United games?

Looked in serious pain at the end of the game so think the injury is real.

He stayed at Utd for treatment this week rather that join the England squad hopefully just a precaution.

Premier League: West Ham United 1-3 Manchester United - 5th December 2020

Wasted a good chance just before good to see him take the second one.

Made a massive difference coming on they couldn’t handle him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back