Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Match discussion thread for discussing Marcus Rashford's performances.

What has happened to him? He now plays at an absolute walking pace, he seems reluctant to take on players and when he does he looks devoid of confidence. At this point anyone over there would be a better bet. Even putting Pogba out there so you can incorporate VDB and Fernandes in the same team is an option.

Doesn’t look fit to me.

I reckon he finished the season carrying a knock had to play through the pain now he’s had a month off so like everyone he looks rusty.

He does need to keep developing and adding more consistency to his game as he does have these dips of form before exploding.

What ever the problem is he needs dropping.
Put James out there on his favoured left side and see how he does. That will help us decide if he is worth keeping as a squad player.

Would help if some of the reserves could put pressure on starters for starting spots.

James has been garbage for 12 months I guess he’ll start again vs Luton hopefully on the left so it’s on him to perform and put pressure on the starters for their spot.

Crap Rashford is still miles better than Crap James.

Of course it would help but if they aren't good enough we have to sign players who are good enough. I do think that lingard would be a better option on the right than james.

Yep but it looks like he’s not going to pick the players he’s trying to sell like Lingard and Dalot.

Tbf they should have just started Greenwood.

Yep but it looks like he’s not going to pick the players he’s trying to sell like Lingard and Dalot.
I actually get that stance. But it only really works if you bring the right people in. I am keen to sell Dalot but he is a better right back than TFM.

I actually get that stance. But it only really works if you bring the right people in. I am keen to sell Dalot but he is a better right back than TFM.

I’m not sure he is to be honest never really been convinced by him and TFM is a guy who should have been let go when his contract expired.

I’m not sure he is to be honest never really been convinced by him and TFM is a guy who should have been let go when his contract expired.
It is all a matter of opinion but for me Dalot is a better right back than TFM. Dont get me wrong, it is more indicative of how bad TFM is than how good Dalot is. Both Lingard and Dalot played in the friendly against Villa. If he doesnt want to play them why not play Mengi

It is all a matter of opinion but for me Dalot is a better right back than TFM. Dont get me wrong, it is more indicative of how bad TFM is than how good Dalot is. Both Lingard and Dalot played in the friendly against Villa. If he doesnt want to play them why not play Mengi

I guess fitness played a factor in deciding who started it may be that TFM was the only one fit enough to play.

I would have put Williams at right back ahead of both of them but maybe he’s also nowhere near fit.

I guess fitness played a factor in deciding who started it may be that TFM was the only one fit enough to play.

I would have put Williams at right back ahead of both of them but maybe he’s also nowhere near fit.
I think what I was really getting at is play one of them at right back and play Mengi at centre half.

I think what I was really getting at is play one of them at right back and play Mengi at centre half.

Haven’t see much of him to say if he’s ready for that yet from the sound of it the plan is for Mengi to train with the first team but play for the U23s.

If he’s fit then be great to see him start or get some minutes vs Luton.

Be interesting to see how Ole treats that one

I have seen a lot of him at junior levels and he is too good for those teams. The reason I talked about him playing against Villa and Lask is that there was nothing on those games. He could have played against those 2 mens teams and we would have had a better idea about him.

Screw it, get Mengi in. I can’t watch Lindelof get bullied any second longer! At the very least Bailly should be playing ahead of him.

I am not seriously suggesting they dump him in the first team but I think he should have played against lask, started against villa, and should start against Luton. I suspect it will be Maguire and bailly though

Luton 0-3 Manchester United

Hopefully that goal can give him a bit of confidence. He took it really well and looked really bright when he came on.

Yep nice goal well taken hopefully that will kick him back into gear.

Bit more in the legs fitness wise as well so hopefully we can start seeing him back closer to the sort of form he was in before his injury as after lockdown he never really seemed to get going. Played ok in the first few matches then went off a cliff.

Premier League: Brighton and Hove Albion 2-3 Manchester United - 26th September 2020

Great goal and worked his backside off

Didnt start well and seems to have forgot the off side rule. Very nearly over played it for the goal.
But overall a better performance and hopefully he is on the way back.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rashy does well to get on the end of it and fashion it into a goal despite nearly over doing it. Hopefully that will bring him back into top form and we can push on.

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester United - 17th October 2020

Best performance in a long time and the goal at the end really topped off a good all round performance.

Champions League: PSG 1-2 Manchester United - 20th October 2020

Champions League: PSG 1-2 Manchester United - 20th October 2020

And we got it, but he could have had a hat trick if he was as clinical as we now expect him to be. Kane would certainly have at least 2 of those and probably 3. So room for improvement.

It's frustrating when he's capable of a finish like that yet make so many mistakes.

Still, we all know he's capable. He needs to become reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back