Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

jsp

Plenty of players sit out when they have the slightest knock this lad tries to carry on which is what top players often have to do.

We shouldn’t be forcing him to play through injuries but even injured he’s still doing better than the rest most games.

If we had a half decent deputy you might consider saying go get the surgery done but we don’t do he’s got to try and tough it out. The way he’s played recently though if he is injured and it is impacting his game you wonder what’s the point in carrying on get the surgery done and get him right for next season.

Lindelof seems to be doing the same to has an on going back issue that he has to manage and last season Maguire basically played on one leg after he got injured during the run in.

Shot

I wouldn't want to knock Rashford, as far as I am concerned he is already a legend at the club. He is United through and through.
But there is one thing I think he should change in his game. When fully fit he is a formidable opponent and you certainly would not want him running at you.
But, if and when he playing when not fully fit, with an injury or just needing rest because of too much game time he should stop running down blind ally's and getting dispossessed. When this happens he is usually surrounded by 3 players, obviously this leaves others in space. He needs to pick his moment to check his run and find the killer pass. Others need to know to expect this and be there for that pass.

jsp

Took his goal well but was pretty ineffective in the game doesn’t look fit to me but with the injuries to the squad doesn’t look like he will get a break.

Sideshow Bob

Sublime first touch and top finish.

First player to score 20 goals in consecutive seasons since Rooney.

jsp

Further proof to me that he’s pushing towards that top class bracket.

20+ goals from the wing is what you expect from top players and the best of them do it season after season.

jsp

SAtill needs to sort the running down blind alleys problem

Think he needs to develop his left foot and go outside more often keep the opponent guessing.

They know he coming inside and there’s normally 2 or 3 waiting for him when he does.

jsp

In 08/09 09/10 if that's true it's outrageous and I can't find someone who has.

It’s true.

Think since then only Rooney, RVP, Zlatan, Lukaku, Martial and Rashford have had 20+ goal seasons and non have done it twice until Rashford.

SuperRash

If he touches up on a couple of facets of his game then he can be one of the very best in the world. He is frustrating at times but we are very lucky to have him at the club and at 23 has so much potential to get better and better.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now