Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League: Sheffield United 3-3 Manchester United - 24th November 2019

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good goal but Gary Neville called the front 3 out for their first 50 minutes.

I think Neville was highly critical and I don’t think it was all the front three’s fault. There is no faith in the midfield and some of Pereira’s and Fred’s passing was awful so the front three had to drop short and even then they weren’t found. Not to say the front three couldn’t do better but if you had a better midfield I think they would have made more runs.

Doesn’t matter what the midfield is doing if the players in front of them are standing still. Not having faith in the players to get the ball to you isn’t an excuse for laziness.

The same runs should be made with and without Pogba in the side. Offer the side something.

This is the thing when you take £200k a week from the club in new contracts which both Rashford and Martial have done in the last 12 months then that pressure to perform comes with it you can't just go missing in games. Do Salah, Mane & Sterling ever have games where you don't even notice they're on the pitch? No you don't they can play badly but I don't recall ever watching these sides and not even noticing them.

Now I know they're young but they've asked for the money and got it so now the pressure comes.

For 70 minutes he was nowhere yesterday part of that was down to the system I do think he was to wide and to far away from Martial and the midfield had some issues but the midfield can only pass if you move if you don't move they can't pass. You make the run then turn around and shout when the ball doesn't come you don't just give up because that is what happened until Williams scored they'd all given up and written the game off. I'd say only James looked like he was trying to do something about it and it was his cross that created the chance for Williams.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 4th December 2019

He was sensational.

He is carrying United’s attack and is comfortably United’s best player of the season.

The international break has turned Rashfords season around. He was getting berated left right and centre before the international break. Got a goal for England and now it’s 11 in his last 12 for club and country.

Best I have seen him play in a long while, he looked threatening every time he got the ball and but for a wonder save he would have had a hat-trick. Nearly 30 points in my fantasy football too so win win.

Going back on the wing rather than being in the centre has made him a much better player he's absolutely flying at the moment.

Premier League: Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United - 7th December 2019

13 goals and 4 assists in 21 games this season so far. Steadily becoming that guy we need. Another terrific performance yesterday, when he’s on it he can be frighteningly good.

13 goals and 4 assists in 21 games this season so far. Steadily becoming that guy we need. Another terrific performance yesterday, when he’s on it he can be frighteningly good.
Fantastic performance long may his development continue & let's not forget hes still a young man well done Marcus

He's in that nice patch of form right now. Just got to work on that consistency to take the next step.

He's in that nice patch of form right now. Just got to work on that consistency to take the next step.

Even this is a step up really you can see the progress and I think we've probably answered the question about his position now he's definitely a wide player not a central player certainly in this system anyway.

Physically he's developing as well getting stronger and also quicker.

He's taking some big pressure penalties and despite a few misses he keeps stepping up.

I wonder if he's changed his run up slightly to try and give him the option to go both ways I think he likes to wait for the keeper to move but if he doesn't see a movement he needs to be able to whip the ball into the corner quickly.

Heard some mad stat that Utd have missed more penalties in the league this season that the other 19 teams put together.

I wonder if he's changed his run up slightly to try and give him the option to go both ways I think he likes to wait for the keeper to move but if he doesn't see a movement he needs to be able to whip the ball into the corner quickly.

Heard some mad stat that Utd have missed more penalties in the league this season that the other 19 teams put together.
Really?

Wouldn’t surprise me. We’ve had 11 scored 6. He had changed his run up to be more Pogba esque but it also means the keeper has to move first whereas his style before was perfect his the top corner and it can’t be saved he just got unlucky and hit the post and started doubting himself. But if that first pen he missed was 3mm the other way its again the perfect pen. But I’m happy to see he’s stepping up and not bothered I think without Pogba’s bullshit he’d have not missed one yet. Pogba taking the ball off him out too much pressure on his following one.

Not great stats, I agree doesn't help any one when there deciding on the pitch who's taking the penalty all that should be decided before hand, as long as he keeps scoring Marcus should be the penalty taker even when pogba's back I just wish he'd just smash them in like he did against PSG

Think we've missed 4 so far this season Rashford 2, Pogba 1 & Martial 1 3 saved one hit off target.

Rashford has always had a bit of a stutter in his run up most players do but what he has changed is he know goes both ways with his pens think 5 of his first 6 pens which were all scored all went to his left only one went to the right. Now he's mixing it a bit but I think that's because he's now waiting to see if the keeper moves early the top keepers who save pens tend to stand still right until the last minute and back reactions to make the save as they know the players watch them now.

Top players are so good at this technique that they can almost wait right until the last second to switch sides if they see a keeper moving.

We have had a crazy amount of penalties this season though a lot of that because of players like James and Rashford who just run directly at players.

Your right we've had a good amount so far and as long as our forwards keep playing direct and running at the opposition where always in with a shout of winning more it's the speed at which there going it only takes a slight knock

Your right we've had a good amount so far and as long as our forwards keep playing direct and running at the opposition where always in with a shout of winning more it's the speed at which there going it only takes a slight knock
I'm fairly new to the forum and I'd like to post a question now I don't know who sort of started / manages this site I was wondering if there was an app for this ?

League Cup: Manchester United 3-0 Colchester United - 18th December 2019

In general he is having a good season but he still needs to up his goals to chances ratio.

Remember reading that his conversion rate is surprisingly good and compares well to other wide forwards.

Looks like he will get past 20 in all comps this season which is the step forward I wanted to see from him.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 26th December 2019

11 goals in 19 games is already his best return in the Premier League.

If he can add a threat in the air it’ll be another string to his bow that’s 2 headers recently if you include the one vs Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back