Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd probably look to put Ighalo up front move Martial back to the left then rotate James/Greenwood on the right side for the rest of the season if everyone is fit.

Not quite sure what has been wrong with him at late, he seems very reluctant to go and beat a man, instead he always checks back and passes. It is very strange, it’s like a lot of the time he’s in his shell which makes him look average. Still has the odd moment but hypothetically if there was one man I would be ousting for Sancho it would be him.

I don't think he was as people thought before the lockdown and he has been pretty ropey since. Players have bad runs of form as well as good but it feels a little different for Marcus atm. You look into his eyes and he seems sort of distant. The bottom line though is the squad needs more quality to challenge these players and give better options.

Not been right for the last month since that Palace game.

Confidence has either gone for some reason or my suspicion is he's playing through pain he takes a lot of heavy tackles and he's shown before he's willing to play through the pain barrier for the team.

This just highlights the need for some quality backup to that front 3 because when one is struggling they need to be given a break.

I'm not overly worried the lad basically had 6 months out with a serious back injury before the restart then a heavy 2 month schedule where he basically had to play every game so get yourself on a beach lad rest up and see you again in a month for the new season.

Again I have to agree, that's getting scary. I am not writing these players off, I am just looking for competition and options. We don't have that atm.

Yeah it's odd that having grabbed 2 in 2 Ole didn't turn to Lingard vs Copenhagen or Sevilla kind of tells you he's out the door this summer as surely it that game we had to make a change. I can't really stand Lingard but when he's in form he has a knack of grabbing a goal so why not gamble at that point.

Ole to his credit did say before the game he needs to make changes in the squad this summer from an attacking point of view we have nothing to really throw on when chasing a game that you would fancy to impact the game.

Maybe Rashfords back is a bigger problem than they are letting on. From a man with back problems, it doesn't go away!

Agree, Rashford may have long term issues with his back. Also the studs in the shin probably didn't help too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back