0​
0​

Previous Seasons
Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2017/18
Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2016/17
Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

Pre-Season 2019/20: Manchester United 4-0 Leeds United - 17th July 2019

Got the second against Leeds

Two in two that's what he needs to be doing. We need 20 from him this year at least.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pre-Season: Manchester United 2-2 AC Milan - 3rd August 2019

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea - 11th August 2019

Interesting that he's now taken over the penalties.

Think it makes sense I like the way he takes them hits them hard rather than going for placement which I think gives the keeper more chance to react and save them.

An easy way to boost your goal stats especially this season where VAR will likely mean more pens are given but it's good to see someone taking the responsibility for taking them always felt like Pogba took them because no one else wanted them.

Actually he hasn't. He's said they are sharing it around 4 or 5 players.

Pogba, Martial and Rashford are all very good penalty takers, sharing it around keeps it fresh I think. Not sure who 4th and 5th choice would be but Lingard took the first in the shootout in Cardiff, James took the winning one, Mata has taken them at times. Think Maguire took a good one in the Nations League finals in the summer.

Pogba, Martial and Rashford are all very good penalty takers, sharing it around keeps it fresh I think. Not sure who 4th and 5th choice would be but Lingard took the first in the shootout in Cardiff, James took the winning one, Mata has taken them at times. Think Maguire took a good one in the Nations League finals in the summer.
I like the idea because I think it'll keep keepers guessing more and unable to plan for any certain player. It'll also perhaps give added motivation to the taker to absolutely put the penalty away as they won't get opportunities that often...

I don’t think the penalties should be shared about after seeing Rashford’s penalties for us and England, he looks ice cool and his technique is spot on.

I guess the thing about mixing it up is it makes it difficult for the opposition goalie.

Personally, I hope he sticks with it for my FF team

Actually he hasn't. He's said they are sharing it around 4 or 5 players.

Well hopefully he steps up for the next one.

My view on penalties is 1 man is the designated taker if he misses 2 in a row you might have to change it or if he decides on the pitch he doesn't want one he doesn't take it.

Penalties are vital parts of football they are basically free hits on opponents and with VAR there will be more of them.

Rashford has taken some pressure penalties so far in his career and scored them all I'd stick with him from now on if he's on the pitch and feeling good he steps up and takes it part of becoming a top player is backing yourself 100% even when you're playing badly.

He’s 6 for 6 in his career. Let him have them. 2 massive penalty’s to. The one against Columbia and the one against PSG. You don’t get much more pressure than that.

what's his heat map like, does he mix it up? anyone know?

Think it's most hard and high normally to his left.

Let's be honest unless the keeper goes really early if you hit them hard and high keepers aren't getting them.

He was asked about it after the game by Carragher and said he waits to see what the keeper is doing which is how most players take them now they're so good at changing the direction that any more by the keeper and they can go the other way.

Premier League: Southampton 1-1 Manchester United - 31st August 2019

Another frustrating performance.

Thought he was poor had a tough role up top on his own but first half he did well second half 3 times ball goes across 6 yard box and not once as he tried to get on the end of it.

Also, ball watching on the goal he was closest man to the giant centre back he should be spotting the danger and getting himself close and trying to put him off.

Missed a header but he was offside and with VAR that doesn’t really matter and bundles through for a one vs one that was well defended.

My worry is he’s not really progressing and he’s playing plenty of football.

Ole has put a lot of faith in rashford and I am not really seeing any progression. Another position we need to strengthen.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal - 30th September 2019

I remain unconvinced that he'll ever be a striker. He's a wide forward.

yeah, we're really missing Martial, he would have scored a few chances we've missed.

I’d drop him vs Newcastle.

I think we are at that point where it has to happen.

He needs a break we can’t just keep playing him he was really poor he’s either not fit or confidence has hit rock bottom for him.

Progress and development has stalled has he fulfilled his potential or is he not having that remaining potential unlocked?

He just isn’t clinical in the box he’s capable of the spectacular but doesn’t look like he’ll become a consistent scorer.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-1 Newcastle United - 6th October 2019

His lack of movement inside the penalty area was again on show on a couple of occasions.

He doesn't have the instincts of a striker. Never gets across the front when crosses come in. Never checks in then out.

With regards to England, Tammy Abraham is now ahead of him too.

Mason Greenwood must play the no.9 role ahead of Rashford.

He needs to be taken out of the starting line up for his own good. But we've got no choice.

We need to find away of getting 2 up front. That means playing 4 4 2 or going 3 at the back.

if Martial is fit after internationals then he has to be benched but he won’t be as we just don’t have anyone to replace him.

As for the formation Unless we go to the diamond formation it’s going to be hard to get 2 strikers up top but I don’t think any formation solves the problem that our players can’t play quick enough when they have got the ball. Everything requires an extra touch which kills the tempo of moves and that’s because the touch isn’t good enough and the players aren’t moving quickly enough they aren’t anticipating what their team mate will do next.

Think being away with England has done him some good, was really sharp today and took his goal well. Promising signs.

Yeah James definitely helped him. I think what the last few games have shown since Chelsea is that he isn’t a lone striker just yet. He is better from the left for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back