Previous Seasons
Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2017/18
Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2016/17
Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

IDFD

Pre-Season 2019/20: Manchester United 4-0 Leeds United - 17th July 2019

Got the second against Leeds

RichH2016

Two in two that's what he needs to be doing. We need 20 from him this year at least.

Sideshow Bob

Pre-Season: Manchester United 2-2 AC Milan - 3rd August 2019

Sideshow Bob

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea - 11th August 2019

jsp

Interesting that he's now taken over the penalties.

Think it makes sense I like the way he takes them hits them hard rather than going for placement which I think gives the keeper more chance to react and save them.

An easy way to boost your goal stats especially this season where VAR will likely mean more pens are given but it's good to see someone taking the responsibility for taking them always felt like Pogba took them because no one else wanted them.

JSNFRMN

Actually he hasn't. He's said they are sharing it around 4 or 5 players.
Pogba, Martial and Rashford are all very good penalty takers, sharing it around keeps it fresh I think. Not sure who 4th and 5th choice would be but Lingard took the first in the shootout in Cardiff, James took the winning one, Mata has taken them at times. Think Maguire took a good one in the Nations League finals in the summer.

RichH2016

Pogba, Martial and Rashford are all very good penalty takers, sharing it around keeps it fresh I think. Not sure who 4th and 5th choice would be but Lingard took the first in the shootout in Cardiff, James took the winning one, Mata has taken them at times. Think Maguire took a good one in the Nations League finals in the summer.
I like the idea because I think it'll keep keepers guessing more and unable to plan for any certain player. It'll also perhaps give added motivation to the taker to absolutely put the penalty away as they won't get opportunities that often...

SuperRash

I don’t think the penalties should be shared about after seeing Rashford’s penalties for us and England, he looks ice cool and his technique is spot on.

Mr C

I guess the thing about mixing it up is it makes it difficult for the opposition goalie.

Personally, I hope he sticks with it for my FF team

jsp

Actually he hasn't. He's said they are sharing it around 4 or 5 players.
Well hopefully he steps up for the next one.

My view on penalties is 1 man is the designated taker if he misses 2 in a row you might have to change it or if he decides on the pitch he doesn't want one he doesn't take it.

Penalties are vital parts of football they are basically free hits on opponents and with VAR there will be more of them.

Rashford has taken some pressure penalties so far in his career and scored them all I'd stick with him from now on if he's on the pitch and feeling good he steps up and takes it part of becoming a top player is backing yourself 100% even when you're playing badly.

IDFD

He’s 6 for 6 in his career. Let him have them. 2 massive penalty’s to. The one against Columbia and the one against PSG. You don’t get much more pressure than that.

jsp

Think it's most hard and high normally to his left.

Let's be honest unless the keeper goes really early if you hit them hard and high keepers aren't getting them.

He was asked about it after the game by Carragher and said he waits to see what the keeper is doing which is how most players take them now they're so good at changing the direction that any more by the keeper and they can go the other way.