Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but he was in and out the team, minutes here, minutes there, out on the left and occasionally the right, played switch sub with Martial for a while. Absolutely no consistency. He needs to play up front for a good number of games. He's running defences ragged. Can't say that about the Donkey can we.

I hope he can continue his form and really kick on. The talent is there for all to see but sometimes his brain and feet don’t seem to be connected. He definitely needs a lot more composure in front of goal, he’s actually better when he doesn’t have time to think about it.

Like others have said he really does have all th ability in the world and he has only just turned 21. Many others haven’t really kicked on until this age and beyond.

Champions League: Valencia 2-1 Manchester United - 12th December 2018

Two goals and four assists in his last four games.

A nailed on starter for Sunday. Earlier on in the season he wasn’t really having much influence but the last few games he’s stepped it up. Still by no means perfect but he’s now having a say in games with his goals and assists.

Martial - Rashford - Lingard/Mata

Has to be front three on sunday, Lukaku cant be anywhere near that starting 11 - Mata normally turns it on against the dippers, but he may go with Lingard for pace.

Lingard May even end up in the midfield trio.

I’d guess right now

Dalot Smalling Jones Young

Matic Herrera

Mata Lingard Martial

Rashford

Confirmed by Jose, Young, Lingard and Rashford will all start Sunday.

Premier League: Cardiff City v Manchester United - 22nd December 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If there is one thing I hope for between now and the end of the season it’s keeping Rashford in the side. He has been in good form for a couple of weeks now and looks so so dangerous. The skill to cross for Dalot was a joy, just sad that the ball didn’t end in the back of the net. We look a lot more fluid with him up top and I hope Lukaku has to work to get back in the side and isn’t given a free pass back in.

Ole will know Lukaku isn’t a United player

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Bournemouth - 30th December 2018

He was class.

Been class recently even under Mourinho looks like he’s stepped it up a level and has made himself the number 1 centre forward forced his way into the team and kept the shirt.

Injury may have struck hopefully nothing to serious and he’ll be back soon.

His running in behind is a thing of beauty.

Premier League: Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United - 2nd January 2018

Brilliant finish and brilliant all around performance. He's the answer up top because he's so much more than just a striker.

Can’t say I was too confident when he got his chance because when he has time to think about it he struggles but fair play it was a cool finish. However even if he had missed that it was another top performance. He is really hitting his stride now and is ahead of Lukaku in the number 9 queue now. I just hope Ole sticks with him and doesn’t shunt him out wide.

He’s playing with the confidence that no other striker we have is currently enjoying. And confidence is massive for forwards. Probably more than any other position except maybe wingers because once you start doubting your ability to finish or beat a man you’ve already failed.

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Manchester United - 13th January 2019

Just quality again he's flying at the moment full of confidence and to be fair that's not just down to the change in manager because we saw the start of this under Jose now he's been backed to be the number 9 from the start in games he looks a new player.

Lets hope he can maintain this level of performance because his running in behind is causing massive headaches for teams.

The other big thing for Rashford is having Pogba advanced behind him. Who else in the squad is picking that pass?

Premier League: Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion - 19th January 2019

Brilliant goal.

Unreal since Ole's come in. Playing central obviously a big part of that but clearly Ole's helping with his finishing but think a lot of it is down to Ole putting faith in him to play up top which has given him confidence. Work rate unbelievable. Pressing, tracking back, movement. Nailing down the position with Lukaku simply not offering what he does and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lukaku seeking a move away after next season if not sooner.

He's looking Ronaldo esque at the minute. Full of flicks, tricks and goals. If he carries on developing like this he could be on Rons level

He’s just flying high right now no doubt tough times will come but he’s ripping it up and has to stay in the team.

He’s just flying high right now no doubt tough times will come but he’s ripping it up and has to stay in the team.

Without doubt. And for me that's where Ole will really show his mettle... When Rashfords form drops, and it will, he needs to stick with him and not do what Jose did. Now we all know Ole will stick with him but that'll be a nice test.

Without doubt. And for me that's where Ole will really show his mettle... When Rashfords form drops, and it will, he needs to stick with him and not do what Jose did. Now we all know Ole will stick with him but that'll be a nice test.

I think he has to be prepared to drop him this is Man Utd it's not play school if you don't perform you lose your spot.

To be fair Mourinho was the one who put Rashford in as the number 9 and dropped Lukaku he gave Lukaku a lot of rope but he reached his breaking point and pulled the trigger.

Manc born and bred, proud of the fact that the Manchester lad is playing up top for us and the £75 million signing is on the bench, rightly so aswell

Premier League: Manchester United 2-2 Burnley - 29th January 2019

Did he miss a few chances?

Premier League: Manchester United 2-2 Burnley - 29th January 2019

Did he miss a few chances?

Two really good one vs one chances and he was put back on the wing last night didn't look the same player think he's a centre forward now we really shouldn't have him back on the wing.

Still our most dangerous attacker on the night but will be annoyed with his missed chances especially the first one.

Yeah the one on one chance where he tried to dink it over the keeper and failed was the one that every striker worth their weight should be putting away. He didn’t need to be cute about it. Like you say jsp, still our most threatening attacker but not quite up to his recent standards which is not totally unexpected, he’s still young.

Premier League: Leicester City 0-1 Manchester United - 3rd February 2019

Should have scored the header just before, made up for it with this. Great touch and finish.

Should have scored the header just before, made up for it with this. Great touch and finish.

That’s my favourite thing about him right now missed that chance but didn’t let the head drop knew another one was coming and made sure he took it.

That’s what top strikers do misses happen don’t dwell on them just wait for the next chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back