Status
Not open for further replies.
He missed quite a few chances though. Much like Lukaku he needs to become more clinical. One of the balls Lingard played through to him was delightful though. Those two are on a good wavelength when playing through the middle together

Think that was one he was flagged offside for but he still didn’t put it in as De Gea made a decent save the one he will be annoyed with is the one vs one centre of goal both corners open and he hits it straight at De Gea those ones just have to be goals 8/10 times certainly force a great save.

Got to be clinical to survive at this level as he doesn’t bring the physical side that Lukaku brings but hopefully it comes. Sometimes I think one vs one he’s thinking to hard trying hard finishes rather than being cool and calm and just passing things into corners he wants to hit everything hard. Shame he’s not got Zlatan & Rooney around to learn from

Yeah was flagged offside but incorrectly. Guy in the middle was off Rashford wasn’t.

International: England 1-2 Spain - 8th September 2018

Not a Utd game but played well for England last night in a front 2 grabbing a goal.

Only saw the highlights but got himself in plenty of scoring opportunities and should have scored more wasted a great one vs one chance.

Could it be that the games he needs to play to develop as a centre forward come with the national team rather than Utd?

Even if we play a front 2 he wouldn’t start ahead of Lukaku & Sanchez because they’re more consistent but I’d love to see him play up top with Lukaku when we play 2 up top.

Sanchez consistent????

Sanchez consistent????

Yeah I know but how consistent is Rashford at this point?

My analysis for Sanchez is based on his career not an iffy few months at the start of his Utd career.

I don't think we have many consistent players at Utd these days. This is half the problem.

I'd say that's the entire problem management and transfers all look great if the players are doing their job to a high level on a consistent basis if they can't it's either because as people they aren't able to do it or management is failing to create the environment for them to perform consistently.

I personally think we've got a lot of very average footballers and people like to think the good game they have every 5 games is their level and those that don't like them think the 1 stinker they have every 5 is their level but reality is the 3 ok performances in between is their level.

Think the only players who really had "hot streaks" last season were De Gea for basically the whole season, Lingard around christmas time when he was scoring for fun and Pogba for the first 6 weeks of the season. There wasn't really anyone who sustained a high level through the entire season.

Nice goal as well ghosted in at the back post and finished it first time from fairly close in.

Was only half watching the game but he played well a front 2 maybe England will do us a favour and play him up front in their games as it's unlikely he'll get that opportunity here this season unless there are injuries.

Champions League: Young Boys 0-3 Manchester United - 19th September 2018

He was poor.

Very poor last night he's just not a right sided player and there are parts of his game that aren't really good enough mainly his dribbling it's very rarely effective and often results in him losing control of the ball or running down a blind alley it's very reminiscent of Welbeck. Very early days for him still a lot for him to learn. He's not a ready made superstar at 20 like Mbappe or Rooney was it's going to take time for him to sort out these flaws.

Shame we won't get to see him vs Derby in the league cup as that would have been a good game to give him at CF but he only really has himself to blame for that because of the red card.

Premier League: West Ham United 3-1 Manchester United - 29th September 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was some goal shame no one will ever mention it as everyone wants to forget that game.

For me he should start either with Lukaku or instead of him against Valencia he deserves a chance at CF.

Sanchez, Rashford, Martial front 3 would be my choice vs Valencia the big man needs to sit out for a while.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-2 Newcastle United - 6th October 2018

Needs to take the chances when they come works hard trying to make things happen but 2 very good chances wasted tonight they need to be taken especially when the team is behind.

Nations League: Spain 2-3 Manchester United - 15th October 2018

If he can improve his finishing he’s going to be deadly because his electric pace will continue to get him into promising positions.

Very good last night and took his goal superbly.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Everton - 28th October 2018

Missed the game yesterday only saw the highlights. How did he get on in the middle?

I don't think he did much, but I wodner if his off the ball stuff was more useful than Lukaku, because we were certainly more attacking.

Yeah I saw he missed a good one vs one and had a chance correctly ruled out for offside on a rebound.

Heard a few saying his movement was good tried making things happen by running in behind but he himself is not in great form but I think it was right to see Lukaku benched.

Wasn’t that great tbh but just having someone up top moving helped and he didn’t really just focus through the middle he was a bit all over the front. Pop up wide right and left at times and was offering a pass to players in the ball. Coming deeper and being involved in the attack but The highlight was by far the interplay between Pogba Mata Martial

21 today. Kane was made Spurs' main man upfront at 21, with Lukaku out of form and needing rest, it's time to give Rashford a run upfront.

We can't expect him to play as a striker once every 2 months and then expect miracles from him, thought it was a decent performance from him, poor first touch for the chance he had, took himself too wide to have a real chance but you wonder if he'd have done better had he been playing regularly in that position. If he'd scored, we'd be talking about a very good performance. Thought he, Martial and Pogba as a trio linked very well, flowed much better than with Lukaku in the team. Could also argue that Rashford's off the ball work provided Martial with more space. His pressing from the front also makes a difference, made more sprints than anyone else, lost that when Lukaku came on he just seemed to mope about up there and i'm sure he used to work harder so maybe needs a break. You could see a disconnect between him and Pogba too with Lukaku running the opposite direction to where Pogba was passing. If Rashford can bring out the best in Martial and Pogba then he will start producing too in time if he's given that time.

Be interesting to see if he keeps his spot in the middle in the next game or will Lukaku come back in the key thing is starting spots are earned by consistent performances not given out because you’re a kid he needs to make the manager pick him.

Still a long career ahead of him so still don’t think there’s a rush it’s just important he’s playing and more importantly improving year on year my concern is he’s isn’t really developing he still looks to me like the player he was in his breakthrough season.

I certainly think we looked more fluid with him, I'd give him another go, he scored as many as Lukaku has recently :)

When Lukaku came on we went a bit backwards in our play.

I just want Lukaku to be sold really. He doesn't do enough.

Will Jose be brave enough to drop his main man for the second game running? Nah I don't think so.

Matic needs dropping next. Him, Lukaku and Sanchez all need nice long spells on the bench.

Sanchez has been on the bench since about April. How much longer can you want.

Will Jose be brave enough to drop his main man for the second game running? Nah I don't think so.

Matic needs dropping next. Him, Lukaku and Sanchez all need nice long spells on the bench.

Matic is a strange one for me, seems to be very hot and cold all the time - gives the ball away far too easily at times, then he can be so dominant in the next game.

Sanchez has been on the bench since about April. How much longer can you want.

April??? He’s only been dropped for the last 3 or 4 games.

And if it was April I’d be hoping at least until the April at the end of his contract. 4 years or so. That’s about long enough for me

Matic is a strange one for me, seems to be very hot and cold all the time - gives the ball away far too easily at times, then he can be so dominant in the next game.

Matic looks like someone who's legs are starting to go but I wonder if he's suffered from no pre season at Utd last summer followed by a full season at Utd where he played nearly every game following by a world cup and rushed back this season.

I don't think he's really a holding midfield player either he's a box to box player he never played as the holding midfielder in a 3 even at Benfica he played on the side and at Chelsea he was normally working in tandem in a 2 man midfield. I think Mourinho wanted Pogba to sit with Matic like Fabregas did in that title winning side the problem with that plan was when everyone worked out Fabregas was a defensive liability everyone jumped on it and I think same happened to us with Pogba.

Anyway back to Rashford he deserves a run but I don't think he will get one he might get Bournemouth but it feels inevitable that Lukaku will be back in for Juventus & City.

Premier League: Bournemouth 1-2 Manchester United - 3rd November 2018

The miss was shocking but the last minute winner makes up for it

Needed 2 cracks at it but really want to see him unleashed with Sanchez and Martial for a run of games.

Deserved his goal today but he’s so frustrating. If he could polish up his finishing he’ll be a world class player. He beats people with ease and has so much pace but his finishing let’s him down.

Deserved his goal today but he’s so frustrating. If he could polish up his finishing he’ll be a world class player. He beats people with ease and has so much pace but his finishing let’s him down.

I don’t like using this comparison but remember the first few years of Ronaldo? 2 or 3 really frustrating years but the club and manager stuck with him them suddenly boom in the space of a summer he flipped from potential to actual superstar.

Not saying Rashford will get anywhere near those levels but young players take time and it’s often 1 step forward 2 steps back it was the same with Sterling in his first few years at Liverpool/City.

With the league season being what it is we might as well give this lad 6 months to really prove he’s good enough because if he can’t the club will have to buy players who are already good enough.

Last few games he’s been brilliant just a constant pest to the opposition defence always on the move asking questions and like you say if the finishing especially the one vs ones where he’s lacking composure can be tidied up he’ll be some player. He needs to learn to slow himself down as he goes to shoot the very best players in the one vs one find a way to get slow themselves down before executing the finish they don’t try to finish while still moving at full speed.

How was Rashford going to improve playing part games here and there? The penny looks like its finally dropped with Jose that he needs to play every week, just like most players. He will come good, he has everything.

Bit unfair to say ‘the penny has finally dropped’ he’s played more minutes under Jose than anyone bar De Gea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back