Status
Not open for further replies.
Just his presence in the team makes us better! He has such pace and works so hard that he just has to play every week. There's no way you can drop him and bring Rooney back in. And he took his goal brilliantly yet again.

Anyone know where I can watch the Rashford and Geoff Shreeves interview that was shown before the game?

Premier League: Chelsea 4-0 Manchester United - 23rd October 2016

He's proving to be ineffective as a winger from what we have seen so far. His qualities are being wasted.

Yeah he was bad today. I think Jose has given himself a problem bringing zlatan in. Decent target man but bad mobility. In fact we have those issues all over the pitch. The balance is all wrong.

Yeah he was bad today. I think Jose has given himself a problem bringing zlatan in. Decent target man but bad mobility. In fact we have those issues all over the pitch. The balance is all wrong.

Trouble is we all knew this last year and the year before that... Maybe even before then too so why haven't LVG or Jose addressed that? Because it seems obvious to everyone in football that pace is a problem and yet it isn't being addressed.

Always a danger from wide but agree that he's wasted out there, look at most of the goals he's scored for us and it's clear that defenders find it very hard to pick him up in the box because of his pace. The one thing I will say about him playing wide and why he might be there is his defensive work. Against Liverpool, he was superb defensively, a clear difference when he came off in that game where a number of Liverpool attacks came down our right side.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal - 19th November 2016

Poor today. Looked short of his usual energy and was slow for their goal allowing Oxlade to go past so easily, might be time for him to sit a few games out, has been working tirelessly out wide.

Premier League: West Ham United 0-2 Manchester United - 2nd January 2016

Brilliant cameo. He changed the game.

Rightly MOTM tonight. He was direct but calm. He did what he was clearly instructed to do and he was superb down that left hand side.

Looked refreshed last 2 games, after a good start to the season looked in need of a rest around October/November, has been used scarcely since and looks better for it. Great assist, had done poor on a previous attack but got it right then.

His pace is frightening when he's running at the defender and that pace is crucial in unlocking defences. Shows the manner of his impact that he got MOTM. Obviously he is just a bit part player currently, but I hope tomorrow's performance is the indicator he's back in form.

Excellent cameo. He's much better coming on on the left when games are stretched and defenders tired, rather than starting there. Becoming a very useful impact sub in the role.

FA Cup: Manchester United 4-0 Reading - 7th January 2017

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's just ace. Could tell he was getting a bit frustrated in front of goal, maybe should have done better when he rounded the keeper but wasn't an easy finish by any means, commentator made out it was a shocking miss and made more of his goal drought than was needed. Really good finish for the 3rd and love the way he smashes these 1 yard open goal finishes in. From the 1st minute caused Reading's defence big problems. Hope he's given another start upfront on Wednesday.

What I really liked about Rashford's performance today was that he never gave up. In the first half he could have had a couple of goals but he wasted chances. But instead of giving up or burying his head he carried on. And for a young player with no goal in months that was impressive. He was a constant threat in behind, he chases and hurried players and he got in behind time after time.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-0 Hull City - 1st February 2017

He was poor. I don't think he will develop into a top winger. He is being misused.

Good cameo tonight, set up the 2nd and could have come away with another assist. 50th game for the club tonight (already!), about a year since that magical debut. Played more central when he came on and would like to see more of that. Ibra brings goals but Rashford provides a bit more and when we're winning comfortably i'd like to see Rashford come on for Ibra, I don't see the point in keeping Ibra on the pitch some games.

Good cameo tonight, set up the 2nd and could have come away with another assist. 50th game for the club tonight (already!), about a year since that magical debut. Played more central when he came on and would like to see more of that. Ibra brings goals but Rashford provides a bit more and when we're winning comfortably i'd like to see Rashford come on for Ibra, I don't see the point in keeping Ibra on the pitch some games.

100000000% with you... If that was possible.

Definitely want to see more of Rashford through the middle and I love him coming off the bench right now and getting at tired defenders. He brings a real spark to the team when he comes on and you can see the whole dynamic of the team really changes.

FA Cup: Blackburn 1-2 Manchester United - 19th February 2017

Great run and a cool finish to score. I know the pass was killer but his run and composure was excellent too.

So good to see him upfront again, Ibra's got the goals and you can't argue against him being first choice but it's nice having someone a bit more lively upfront. Would like to see Pogba play next time he's upfront.

Premier League: Middlesbrough 1-3 Manchester United - 19th March 2017

Mourinho: "With his movement and pace, Rashford played phenomenal. Goals will arrive, no problem."

Lingard: "Rashford has put a shift in for the team today. He was a nuisance up front, and it was good playing with him."

Enjoyed the front 2 today, I think with this formation you need at least one of the front 2 with pace and movement.

World Cup Qualifier: England 2-0 Lithuania - 26th March 2017

He was good when he came on last night, think this is the role for him if I'm honest an impact player when teams are tiring and there maybe is a bit more space for him to exploit. It's a role I think is good for him for both club and country but Utd need to find ways of giving him more games through the middle next season.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-0 West Bromwich Albion - 1st April 2017

Today maybe suggested that his future does lie on the wing, too often drifted wide and left no one central when ball did get played in to dangerous areas.

I think his future is in the middle BUT he needs to start chipping in more goals otherwise I think Mourinho could lose patience with him. Same goes for everyone.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Everton - 4th April 2017

Exciting player but his touch when running with the ball I horrendous. Quite a few times last night he overran the bail and a move broke down.

I think he needs to be taken out and given games back in the U23's to just build his confidence back up as I think it's dipped a bit because the ball has stopped hitting the back of the net but Mourinho doesn't seem to trust any of his wide players so they're all in and out all the time.

He isn't a winger in my eyes. He doesn't possess the skill set and is a kick and rush type winger.

He's a useful winger off the bench when he has space to attack but he needs game up the middle but can Utd afford to give him the games he needs to develop

I prefer him through the middle but performance Saturday showed he's still very much learning. At 19 there's nothing wrong with that though.

There's been way to much expected of him this season probably because Martial hasn't been as consistent & Rooney has barely contributed anything up front.

Rashford really needed his 2nd season to be coming on in games that were won where he might be able to nick another goal when there's some space and starting cup games and some Europa games as CF instead he's being relied on to be the difference because the more senior players just aren't doing it.

2nd seasons are always hard and he's looked tired recently he was rushed back for the FA Cup game at Chelsea and you wonder if he's run out of steam a bit he was looking really tired vs Boro before the break and he faded vs Everton.

Really hope he doesn't go with England U21s in the summer and gets a full pre-season in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back