Status
Not open for further replies.
I think plating up front in a tournament might do him more good than doing full pre season he's not first choice so he can always meet up late.

Think it would be good for him & Shaw to go with the U21s in the summer as long as his fitness levels are ok depends how much he plays on the run in I guess

Think he, Martial and Pogba all need a good rest this summer having been at Euros last summer and a full pre-season will prepare them well for the season ahead.

Premier League: Sunderland 0-3 Manchester United - 9th April 2017

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Delighted for him, needed that. Could have had 2 or 3 if Ibra's passes were better.

Europa League: Anderlecht 0-1 Manchester United - 13th April 2017

Probably his best first half performance of the season.

Bloody fantastic last night, having a tough season but showing signs that he could go to next level next season, think we can see an improvement in him from last season just not been able to put it in to his match performances consistently. I think Martial is a bit the same, difficult 2nd season but next season is there for them both if they get good rest this summer and a full pre-season.

I think Rashford will end up going to the U21 tournament in the summer if he does Utd should extend his pre season so he misses the start of the season and gets a proper rest. I actually think playing up front and hopefully scoring a few goals even at U21 level might do his confidence some good.

I really hope he's learning little things from Ibra in training but I am concerned that our forwards aren't getting much coaching those who were here last season seem to have taken steps backwards in their development rather than forward this season with the exception of Ibra of course.

I hope that next season he plays more central he can go out wide but I think he needs to get more games in the middle that's where his natural position is running in behind defenses and with a player as good as Pogba to pick him out running in behind he could cause all sorts of problems for defences.

It was always going to be tough for him and Martial to match what they did last summer hopefully they'll be back stronger and in the case of Martial a bit better focused next season.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Chelsea - 16th April 2017

Brilliant performance.

Something's clicked for him since that West Brom game at start of the month.

Fantastic today what we need in these big games gave the defence all sorts of problems looked like the Rashford we saw last season do we have to play him in the big games now to end of the season?

Mourinho earlier in the season said he'd like to rest Ibra more but hasn't been able to and hopefully Rashford has shown him today that he can be trusted to replace Zlatan when he needs rest.

I'd use Ibra in the remaining home games and Europa league but Rashford in the away games where we will sit a bit deeper and invite teams on to us

Credit to Mourinho for leaving out Zlatan for the first time this season and giving Rashford the forward role with no defensive responsibility - he was superb today. The only question is whether Rashford will be used there more or was it an accident due to resting Zlatan for Thursday.

Rashford was absolutely superb tonight. He ran the line well. He held the ball up, battled well, got on the ball and ran at players and generally caused problems. And his finish was that of an assured confident player with a natural eye for goal.

You could see the panic every time he got on the ball. His speed and willingness to run at players!

That was the kind of performance that gives us all hope that he can be the guy in the near future.

Credit to Mourinho for leaving out Zlatan for the first time this season and giving Rashford the forward role with no defensive responsibility - he was superb today. The only question is whether Rashford will be used there more or was it an accident due to resting Zlatan for Thursday.

Yeah the extra movement in behind gave them problems even in the cup game at a Stamford Bridge. In the bigger games we need that more than we need Zlatan where we need Zlatan is to smash through the super defensive sides as he can create moments of magic or just power his way through

I think Zlatan has looked tired that long break where he was banned plus internationals seemed to slow him down a bit and maybe playing all those games has caught up to him he's already over 50 matches this season I think which is crazy for a 35 year old

Europa League: Manchester United 2-1 Anderlecht - 20th April 2017

Give him the #9 shirt next season and lets run with it.

Agreed. He is still raw but all the ingredients are there to be a superstar. His finishing needs to scrub up but that'll happen with time and training. Looks like he's gonna get a nice run up top now, although think he may get a rest on Sunday.

The Rabona to Pogba and Pogba bicycle kick would have been one of the greats.

Excellent tonight just kept going and going and eventually got the breakthrough.

The fact he's going to have to do the run in for Utd now probably means he deserves a break in the summer. If he does go Utd need to rest him for the start of next season.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Swansea City - 30th April 2017

Frustrating performance. His decision making was poor, which you would expect for a young player.

It is what i expect from a youngster which is why we need to buy a striker. I keep hearing united fans complain about jose not trusting his youngsters. There is a reason for that, they are either not good enough or not ready. I see rashford as a good prospect and impact player atm but do i trust him leading the line week in week out, not really.

Yeah young players are always up and down easy to forget how frustrating Ronaldo was at 18 it took him 3 seasons of step overs and shooting off target before he became the super scoring machine he is now.

Rashford has far to much responsibility on his shoulders he should be coming off the bench in league but starting cup games as the backup to a more consistent CF over the next 2-3 seasons he's got so much time left in his development

I remember Henry in his early days at Monaco and Arsenal, he was unbelievably frustrating and I see parallels with Rashford there.

His performances are up and down but like has been mentioned before, you expect this with young players. He is a terrific talent but he is still so young and hasn't had chance to breathe since being thrust into the limelight. He is only going to get better and better but I do think bringing in another striker in the summer to ease the burden is a must.

He'd really benefit from some help way to much weight being put on this kids shoulders. Same has happened with Martial this season, we can see flashes off the undoubted talent

Europa League: Celta Vigo 0-1 Manchester United - 4th May 2017

What a goal!

I didn't really regard Rashford as a free kick taker until tonight.

What a goal!

I didn't really regard Rashford as a free kick taker until tonight.

To be honest I wanted Blind to take it, I just had visions of Rashford of blasting it over or catching the ball wrong. I shall never doubt ole Marcus again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back