Total 0
Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0

Previous Seasons
Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

Friendly: Manchester United 5-2 Galatasaray - 30th July 2016

He's been brilliant in the second half. Fantastic play to win the penalty.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And if Zlatan is impressed then you can safely say you've done something special.

Zlatan's face when he sits down. When Van Gaal played him on the wing, he was crippled by instruction. If he's not gonna get much game time upfront, he'll get it out on the right, fantastic at running past left backs. And with Valencia actually looking like he can cross a ball now, could be a good combo.

Yeah I think Rashford will get a lot of time and opportunities this season. It may not all be up front but he will play both up front and out wide I'm sure of it.

I think he might be best used out wide under Mourinho in any case. From wide, he can learn from Ibrahimovic too, see what he does at close viewing. And Mourinho could really use his pace on the right.

Yeah I'd agree with that... Plus he's got pace to burn and can isolate players one on one which will help. And in Jose's system he will look for his players to interchange a lot.

Named in England's U21s for the Euro qualifier against Norway.

Rather disappointed by this. Showed more in the Euro's than Sturbridge and Sterling. Hope Big Sam not gonna make the same mistake as every other manager and pick on name.

Rather disappointed by this. Showed more in the Euro's than Sturbridge and Sterling. Hope Big Sam not gonna make the same mistake as every other manager and pick on name.

I hope not as well but to be fair Rashford isn't playing for United right now so can he really be picked for the national team?!

Sadly I think Big Sam is going to go with the tried and failed players. I mean when there's talk about bringing Terry back you really do have to wonder... I think he'll go with hard working players who listen to orders and that will make for a pretty dull England team. So pretty much as you were then.

Mourinho: "The situation with England is funny because when you are 18 years old and are in the Under-21 national team, I don't think it's a drama. I think he's fantastic, I think he's very good. But to be honest, for his development, I think it's better to be in the Under-21s and play two international matches than go to Slovakia with the first team and sit watching Harry Kane and [Jamie] Vardy and those experienced players that Sam is going to select. So I think it's very good for him at the age of 18 to play in the Under-21 national team."

A bi torn on this. Think it's good that he'll get games with U21s but should have been rewarded for Euro2016 cameos regardless of lack of first team action at this early stage of the season. Players should be rewarded for their performances in an England shirt and not just for their club form. Rashford in the summer brought something different to the other players and despite not playing so far this season would have been a good option to have for the senior side. Kane nor Vardy have started the season particularly well and for me i'd want Rashford on the bench because he can create something out of nothing which isn't in that squad otherwise. Another positive I suppose of him being in the U21s is that he'll play upfront i'd imagine where as he'll play out wide for the seniors.

Ultimately i'm pleased he'll be getting some games before we start playing Europa League and League Cup fixtures. I want him as first choice striker for those games.

A bi torn on this. Think it's good that he'll get games with U21s but should have been rewarded for Euro2016 cameos regardless of lack of first team action at this early stage of the season. Players should be rewarded for their performances in an England shirt and not just for their club form. Rashford in the summer brought something different to the other players and despite not playing so far this season would have been a good option to have for the senior side. Kane nor Vardy have started the season particularly well and for me i'd want Rashford on the bench because he can create something out of nothing which isn't in that squad otherwise. Another positive I suppose of him being in the U21s is that he'll play upfront i'd imagine where as he'll play out wide for the seniors.

Ultimately i'm pleased he'll be getting some games before we start playing Europa League and League Cup fixtures. I want him as first choice striker for those games.

See I don't tend to be of the same opinion there but it's each to their own. I think you need to be performing for your club side to be considered for the national team and it was one of the many mistakes Woy made. I know its not Rashford's fault that he's not playing but still there are other strikers who are playing regularly for their clubs. That said none of them are playing all that well to be fair...

I would have gone for him just for what he did at the Euro's. Saying he should not be picked because Kane and vardy are playing does not really make sense because they have not scored. We are 2 games into the season no way could big sam pick a team on what's happened. He's contradicted himself by picking hart . Apart from Sturbridge, steeling he was England weak link.

Premier League: Hull City 0-1 Manchester United - 27th August 2016

What a goal and what a cameo! If that's not a clear message to Jose then I don't know what is...

89% pass accuracy
3 shots
1 take-on completed
1 chance created
1 goal

Him and Mkhi provided what was lacking. Rashford superb though, great to see him getting and taking his chance under Mourinho, who could turn him into something very special.

The boy is going to be special, still only 18, still inexperienced but can come in and lift the whole team, and then grab the winner. He is going to be phenomenal.

U21s: England 1-0 Norway - 6th September 2016

Scored in Premier League debut, Europa League debut, England debut, England U21 debut, United U21 debut.

Scored a hat trick tonight. The sort of goalscoring performances which says "i'm too good for this".

His two other goals.

Second goal similar to the one he scored against West Ham. Is that Right?. Anyway great Hat-rick

This kid is just something else he really is! And it's decisions like this to put him in the Under 21s which will get fans on Sam's back pretty quickly... I hope he realises his mistake.

Europa League: Feyenoord 1-0 Manchester United - 15th September 2016

He'll be disappointed by his performance. He was very isolated in the first half.

Did he play the full 90? Did he at least improve in the second half when we were meant to have been slightly better?

League Cup: Northampton Town 1-3 Manchester United - 21st September 2016

Flew up the pitch for the goal. As he was running I thought "he's going to get to this... ah maybe not OHHH!". Good assist for Herrera. First choice for the important games now. If he does keep playing, he can get 15-20 goals this season.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Leicester City - 24th September 2016

One of his quieter games but he still scored and effected the game. Even the little things like running after a seemingly lost cause forcing a defender to put out for a corner, which leads to a goal. He is an automatic starter for me now and his goal return since he came into this side is very good indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back