Marcus Rashford and free school meals.

Mr C

Not sure why I feel proud, but I do.

Top man for pushing this with the government, and it's not just words, he does a lot of work for this in general, and his shoe box scheme at Christmas.

I hope the government change their minds on this, many families rely on this scheme to eat.

He has been amazing. So young and has done so much.

He deserves a lot of recognition for his efforts

Actions speak louder than words he's one of the few players who's been actively showing what he does behind the scenes for people and I do think that's a good thing changing the narrative around young players.

I think Rashford and Sterling in the last 12 months have been excellent in trying to tackle some hard issues within society.

Rashford has been fantastic during lockdown he's obviously had it tough growing up and now that he's made it he's making sure he's giving back and using his voice for good trying to effect change.

Not sure it'll really work with this government though they're already skint the next few years will see more savage cuts as a result of the Covid recession so those who rely on help are going to face really tough times.

There's often this assumption that the kids who need this help are kids who's parents are scroungers but so many of them are working and still can't make ends meet because the wages are so low or they can only get limited hours that means they can just about cover the rent.

I don't think the scheme costs that much in the gran scheme of things.

The gov doesn't have to cut, it could borrow. But guess its hard ball tactics on Brxit make borrowing more difficult

The government is already borrowing fortunes every year and is currently printing money due to Covid which weakens your currency yeah with Brexit still lingering in the background too it's rocky times for the UK.

What it needs to do is really tackle the tough issue which is it's revenue close down the loopholes that allow individuals and businesses that trade here to send money overseas to reduce it's tax liability.

These aren't what Tories do though they will cut everything to the absolute bone because that is what they always do and it's what they've been doing for the last 10 years in power.

Because of this and the light being focused on BLM I’ve had a bit of money on him for Sports Personality of the Year. 5/1

Because of this and the light being focused on BLM I’ve had a bit of money on him for Sports Personality of the Year. 5/1
Good shout.

Really amazing what he is doing and he is using his fame for something brilliant in the community. Like Mr C said I feel very proud to have the lad here. He showed he has humility and a real good heart. Super Rash indeed!

Was thinking about looking into him for sports personality of the year with it basically being a year of no sport the only serious competition I would see would be if Hamilton secures another world title in the shortened F1 season.

I think they're try and keep the main award non political for obvious reasons being the BBC but if he gets on the shortlist he'll win because he's a Man Utd player the public vote for him would be huge. The only competition would be if they put Henderson in for Liverpool.

Looks like his campaign worked as the government has performed a u-turn and will provide meals through the summer holidays for 1.3million children.

I really didn't realise how bad the problem is.

Fantastic job by Rashford lets hope he keeps using his profile to make the world a better place and celebrates with a hat trick on Friday.

Offering me double my stake back already. Shame I didn’t put more on. 2/1 now.

Rashford has made this government look like complete idiots. He's conducted himself so well and so maturely. Fair play.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back