Marcus Rashford’s Progress

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Let’s leave the management situation out of this.

How do we think Rashford is progressing?

He turns 21 in a few weeks and has now made over 100 first team appearances at Man Utd in the last 3 seasons since his break through under Van Gaal.

For me there’s still to many lose touches and missed chances which reminds me a bit of Welbeck.

Do we think Rashford is a guy who will reach the very top like Rooney or will he be a guy like Welbeck destined to forever be a backup centre forward at a big club.

He’s got everything in the locker to be a top player it’s just can he put it all together. He has to sort out his one on one finishing though. His pace allows him many chances in behind but his finishing can let him down. Which is a problem throughout the whole club.

I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him through the middle and even with the run of form Lukaku is on we still aren’t seeing him through the middle. So he can’t force his way in to this United team.

That was the same thing Welbeck suffered with to be the striker at Utd at that age you need to be a ready made superstar at 21 like Rooney was doing your time on the wing is a bit of a natural progression players like Henry and RVP had to do it. I think playing out wide is fine in the first few years of your career but eventually at 23/24 you need to be moving central to be the main man.

He could be great, I feel he needs to do more practice on his finishing. His decision making will improve with game time but until his finishing improves he won’t get as much as he should

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back