Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Champions League 0

Previous Seasons
Marcos Rojo | Match Discussion thread 2016/17

Marcos Rojo | Match Discussion thread 2015/16
Marcos Rojo | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Pretty sure Mourinho said something about him being out for a long time when discussing Zlatan. I'd be surprised if we see him before Xmas given he did his cruciate in April.

I enjoyed the 2 footing people too! Gotta love that he was trying so hard to get a Xmas break

I think the fact he did it 2 weeks in a row and both times only got a yellow made it even more enjoyable because it really p*ssed everyone off.

Once he got that out of his system and accepted he was working over Xmas he was fantastic, I think his injury de-railed us more than Zlatan's injury last season as we couldn't replace Rojo and Rashford really stepped up as a centre forward replacement.

Options a CB and the problem LB position. Look forward to getting him back asap. I still can't believe Luke Shaw isn't in the frame yet. Wtf is going on with him?

I don't want to see him near the LB position. He's a different player at CB and showed himself to be decent and reliable last season but he's shocking at LB.

I just hope he comes back in the same form as he left. He was pretty dire all round before he hit that form patch.

He was ok at left back from a defensive point of view but going forward he was awful and the way LVG played he had his full backs high up providing width but the way Mourinho plays the left back probably doesn't need to get forward if it's a back 4, so he could actually be a solution. When we then go to a back 3 in games he'd slot in with the CB's and you'd want a guy with a bit more attacking quality playing as the left wing back.

From memory when he played CB under LVG he looked ok but he wasn't a very good left back but in the 2 years especially the 1st year I seem to recall him getting quite a few injuries that would keep him out for 2-3 weeks at a time.

My worry is when he comes back how long will he be back for hopefully he won't be one of these players who suffers lots of niggling injuries I mean for some guys it can take a year before they're back to full health and some never get there.

My opinion is that he's always been a much better CB. In his first season he played a lot there and was very good playing alongside the likes of McNair. 2nd season, Blind was given that CB role and he was used more at LB which he was awful at playing, disagree that he was ok there defensively, he was constantly caught out of position. Perhaps under Mourinho he can be better there.

What a great comeback game. Looked really quite sharp considering it was his first game back. Good to have him back.

Looked a beast last night, seems to have bulked up a bit as well he looked a lot stronger and more imposing than before his injury, I think he has come on leaps and bounds, were sorted at the back now with Big Phil playing out of his skin and obviously Bailly, Smalling been very good as well, great options to have.

Was quality last night if he can stay fit I think by January he'll be a nailed on starter alongside Bailly.

Problem is Rojo and Jones are out a lot with injuries throughout the season. Great problem to have when all of them are fit but bare bones when the injuries start happening.

Premier League: Arsenal v Manchester United - 2nd December 2017

Shaky performance.

I don’t think there was a calm head in that back line tonight it was chaos just chucking bodies on the line to block whatever we could.

I love him he’s an absolute nut case and his madness is embraced by Mourinho

League Cup: Bristol City 2-1 Manchester United - 20th December 2017

He hasn't hit the ground running since returning from injury.

Think he's looking a bit short fitness wise but to be fair the man did his cruciates 8 months ago so it's to be expected and if Jones & Bailly had been fit I don't think he'd have played as much as he has, he's been chucked in the deep end rather than eased back in.

Anyway if he plays by Leicester guarantee he gets a yellow card which rules him our of the boxing day game.

Premier League: Everton 0-2 Manchester United - 1st January 2018

He played well. His best game since Basel.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back