Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0

Previous Seasons
Marcos Rojo | Match Discussion thread 2015/16
Marcos Rojo | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Europa League: Feyenoord 1-0 Manchester United - 15th September 2016

First start to be fair, but he had a shocker. He was all over the place.

Such a limited player, I really don't know how we could let CBJ go to Wolves and let this guy stay. Sometimes you say that he's fine here because he's a decent back up but in this case he simply isn't.

League Cup: Manchester United 1-0 Manchester City - 26th October 2016

He did well.

Yet again, said it before. Atrocious left back but a pretty decent CB. Was a fan of his in first season, thought he was very good at CB when used there that season. Didn't play there last season at all then. Not saying he should be first choice CB but he should certainly not be used at LB ever again.

Have to say I thought he did really well and I wasn't expecting to say that! He got stuck in, did his job well and didn't mess around with the ball. That's all we needed him to do and with Blind beside him he had a real ball player.

Yeah he's a better centre back than left back. Again a cool head like Blind helps alongside him - I think Blind greatly helped Smalling too when they were a pair.

Surprised with his performance yesterday. I didn't expect him to be decent. Maybe that's because I have so low expectations of him that I feel surprised when he puts in a decent shift.

Premier League: Swansea City 1-3 Manchester United - 6th November 2016

Another decent performance.

Yeah a good performance from him. Need more of the same from him.

Missed Thursday's game but can't remember him ever having a bad game at CB. Saw him play there on McNair's debut v West Ham and kept a close eye on Rojo and he was very good. Van Gaal playing him at LB ruined a growing reputation I thought he was gaining as a CB.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal - 19th November 2016

He did well again. His long range passing was awful though.

League Cup: Manchester United 4-1 West Ham United - 30th November 2016

Another impressive outing.

He is proving quite a few of his critics including me wrong this season with his performances. Great to see him play well for us.

Was a big fan of his in first season when he played at centre back, lost me with his abysmal performances as a left back, winning me back with his performances back in the middle. How Argentina or anyone see him as a left back is beyond me. He's becomes a leader at CB, he comes alive in the position, remember being at OT watching him play early on in his first season next to McNair (who was making his debut), and he was great, really helped McNair that day.

Premier League: Everton 1-1 Manchester United - 4th December 2016

He was very lucky not to be sent off.

Have to say that tackle aside he deserves a lot of credit. He's come in to a patche up defense with a CB partner who I doubt he's ever played with before and certainly not played with much... And he's been really solid.

But but but, yes that challenge was a rotter it really was and he should have been sent off. I just don't know what he was thinking!

It was a bad challenge but he got away with it. After that I actually thought he managed himself quite well. I think he has done well at centre back. Long term I don't think he is first choice but certainly a good enough squad player

Premier League: Crystal Palace 1-2 Manchester United - 14th December 2016

Lucky not to be sent off after another stupid challenge.

He is an absolute head case. I like a bit of that but needs to be more of a controlled aggression, not lunging 2 footed tackles.

He is getting into a bad habit of going in two footed into challenges. He cannot keep doing this and get away with it every time.

Luckily no one has been hurt either, needs to stop before someone does get seriously injured.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Bournemouth - 4th March 2017

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

FA Cup: Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United - 13th March 2017

United's best player?

Yep, him and Valencia our best tonight. Always said though.. rubbish left back but actually a very good centre back and has improved there this season and is still relatively young enough to continue improving.

First choice centre back?

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Chelsea - 16th April 2017

Top performance.

Quite possibly our best CB at the moment, been quality there all season. Him and Bailly together have the makings of a good partnership, both only going to improve too.

Been our best CB this season by a mile fantastic recovery from him as he was told to find a new club in the summer.

You just can't knock what he's doing if he gets an understanding going with Bailly could save us a fortune in the summer.

My only concern is that form is temporary BUT he's always looked pretty comfortable at CB he's just a very average LB

Looks like a cruiate injury as well for Rojo not as serious as Zlatan but still could be out for 6 months

Such a shame was having a fantastic season

A real shame, for me been one of our best this season, has lead the defence really well and struck up good partnerships with Jones and recently Bailly, has gotten the best out of our other CB's. A big loss to the team and it may mean a chance for Tuanzebe in coming weeks, which is why we should have given him game time earlier in the season.

whilr the media concentrate on Zlatan most fans accept Rojo is the bigger miss.

Big pressure on Blind to fill the void he was very good last season but he's barely played at CB this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back