Marco Silva at Everton 2019/20

I think there’s a chance they finish top 6 this season. Fantastic summer for them.

Everton are a bit of an enigma, they have spent big in the past but then flattered to deceive. I agree they’ve made some good signings. Kean and Gomes the picks, Delph and Sidibe will be dependable. Iwobi is a bit meh, sure Arsenal were over the moon to get the price they got for him.

Saw the highlights they should have won that one.

Done great work on transfers up top and in the midfield but centre back is a real problem area for them losing Zouma is big and big pressure on Delph to replace Gueuye who’s been one of the best ball winning midfield players in Europe for last 5 years.

I think they’ll push the top 6 hard especially if Kean fires for them.

Premier League: Everton 3-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 31st August 2019

Played 4
Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 1
Points 7
Goals For 4
Goals Against 4

Premier League: Everton 0-2 Sheffield United - 21st September 2019

Played 4
Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 3
Points 7
Goals For 5
Goals Against 9

It’s a tough gig they’re stuck in a little group that they can’t break out from not sure anyone will get them out of it without huge spending.

The concern for them must be clubs like Leicester and West Ham are muscling in on their turf as well.

Premier League: Burnley 1-0 Everton - 5th October 2019

Played 8
Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 5
Points 7
Goals For 6
Goals Against 13

Premier League: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-2 Everton - 26th October 2019

Played 10
Won 3
Drawn 1
Lost 6
Points 10
Goals For 10
Goals Against 16

Premier League: Everton 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 3rd November 2019

Played 11
Won 3
Drawn 2
Lost 6
Points 11
Goals For 11
Goals Against 17

Listening to the radio the other day they've got a horrible run of games coming up they've had a relatively easy start fixtures wise now it might be the bigger games bring the better performances but if they don't get their heads on soon they could be in the relegation zone when we get to Xmas.

Next up is Southampton away if they lost that before the internationals I think Silva could be gone this is the last international break for a few months if he loses to them I can see them making the change.

They remind me so much of Utd they just have no cutting edge as a team but unlike Utd I think they've actually got a lot more weapons at their disposal in terms of attacking players who can create chances they just look like a team that isn't well organised to get the best of those talents.

Lost at home again this weekend and the boos were very loud at the end it's very clear that he's lost the fans support and the team just look limp.

I'd be surprised if he isn't gone this week guess it depends on who is on the market.

Can't see the fans taking him back to be honest.

They parted on bad terms he'd said he was signing a new deal gave Kenwright his word then left for Utd and I think even at that point the fans wanted him gone as they didn't think he had the ambition to take them forward.

They should probably go for Eddie Howe I guess their concern might be can we get him mid season.

The guy on the radio was saying the fans would love him back, I must say, I thought like you, I'm not sure they will mate.

Would Howe go? I think I'd stay at Bournemouth and wait for a better opportunity.

Will Howe ever get a better opportunity though? I can’t see any of the bigger clubs going for him so if he does fancy a change Everton may be as good as it gets. It’s sad but he’s not a fashionable name.

There was a very good point yesterday made by someone that if Wilder hadn’t taken Sheffield United up then he probably would have never managed in the Premiership. But to see how he’s doing now that would have been unjust. English coaches don’t tend to cut the mustard these days when bigger clubs or even mid table clubs are looking for a new manager.

The guy on the radio was saying the fans would love him back, I must say, I thought like you, I'm not sure they will mate.

Would Howe go? I think I'd stay at Bournemouth and wait for a better opportunity.

Not sure this guy has spoke to the fans there's the perception that Moyes was some sort of hero to the Everton fans he was for a while but I think by the end bit like Wenger the majority were sick of him as they felt he didn't have the guts to really go for it he wanted to be the under dog forever.

Thing with Howe is realistically he's never getting a big 6 club job because of his lack of European experience so the best he can hope for are clubs like Everton, West Ham or Leicester who are that tier below. I think Howe has just found a bit of a comfort zone and maybe he's happy with that environment doesn't really want the added pressure of going to a bigger club. It really doesn't look good for your health football managers at these top clubs all look like they've been held hostage after 12 months in the job.

Everton have got rich backers behind them, new stadium hopefully being ready in a few years and I don't think the fans really expect miracles they know they're fighting an uphill battle against the richer clubs.

Was hardly a surprise he just couldn't get them going.

It's Chelsea (H), Utd (A), Arsenal (H) in the next 3 in the league my guess is Ferguson will do the next 2 league games and they'll have the new guy in for the Arsenal game.

There's talk of Moyes but I just don't see that going well he'll never get the fans on board they need someone they think can take them forward next season but just keep them out of relegation trouble this season.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back