Manchester United WFC

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sideshow Bob, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Avatar & New Members Forum Mod

2. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

This is great news

3. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see what sort of budget they put behind it, will they attempt to compete at the high end or just be happy having a team.

City have pumped a lot of money into their setup as have Chelsea and Liverpool so Utd will have some distance to go to catch up but my guess is all these teams are subsidised by the club I doubt the womens team revenue covers their budget.

I think it's a positive for the club that they are bringing back a womens team.

4. IDFD

IDFD Well-Known Member

It's about time!

5. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

This will bring a lot more interest to the women's game. It's a big boost for sport. Looking forward to seeing how we do.

6. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

The cynic in me says they've only got involved now because they can see $ signs in it.

Womens football is big in the US & I think it's also growing quickly in China so they may look to do what other clubs have done any take their womens teams with them on pre season tours to help get more interest.

I think interest is growing and exposure is certainly more than it has ever been in the UK, BBC give it a lot of coverage on all their platforms.

7. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Our U16s Girls team won the Northern league yesterday, and they finally have a senior team to progress to.

8. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

You have to assume most of them will form part of the new squad with a few more senior players coming in to supplement them.

Interested to see how serious Utd are with this will they just make up numbers or will they try to compete with the like of City, Liverpool & Chelsea who are not just good domestically they are also doing well in Europe.

9. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Casey Stoney in the running for manager apparently

10. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Be really good if this was the case, be good to see this taken seriously and not just something that is being done because of pressure and criticism for not having a team.

11. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Avatar & New Members Forum Mod

12. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Women's football: Key questions answered - Official Manchester United Website

Be interesting to see if we can gain some of those players we produced in the junior teams back in this team. Obviously the better players will be hard to prise from the premier league at present but be good to get them back in time. I don’t know but I’d imagine there’s a group of players that grew up playing together and it would be good to get them back together.

13. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Casey Stoney officially announced as manager

14. IDFD

IDFD Well-Known Member

One of the biggest names in women’s football.

Not many I’ve heard of but she’s certainly one of them! Only retired from playing this year I believe. Should attract talent.