Not open for further replies.
200pxmanchesterunitedfc.png
vs.
175pxwestbromwichalbion.png

Saturday, 7 November 2015
Barclays Premier League
Old Trafford
15:00 GMT

Manchester United team news for West Brom match - Official Manchester United Website

Manchester United will wait on Morgan Schneiderlin's availability for Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash with West Brom but Louis van Gaal has no fresh injuries to contend with.

Schneiderlin has been ill but is training ahead of the match and could be in contention to return to the side after missing the midweek Champions League victory over CSKA Moscow.

Antonio Valencia remains sidelined and, of course, Luke Shaw is a long-term absentee, even if he is making good progress in his recovery from a broken leg. Another full-back, Matteo Darmian, is suspended after accumulating five yellow cards this season so Ashley Young could continue on the right-hand side of defence.

"There are no injuries, only illnesses," van Gaal told MUTV. "Morgan Schneiderlin was ill. He shall train today for the first time so we have to wait and see. I cannot say there are a lot of changes for this game. Matteo Darmian is suspended so he cannot play and Valencia is injured."

The Reds ended a recent goal drought on Tuesday thanks to Wayne Rooney's winner and received a boost ahead of the Baggies clash. With another international break following the Old Trafford fixture, United are determined to register three points in order to keep up with the Barclays Premier League pacesetters.

One man who will be high on morale after his midweek performance is Jesse Lingard, who is hoping to make his first Premier League start of the season after being involved in the last six matches.

"He’s doing well," said van Gaal. "That’s why I want to keep him and why I have said his chances shall come. He has a lot of pace and I like pace on the wings. Now he has first assist also [against CSKA]. I think he shall have a boost from this game because he played very well, in my opinion, and I hope he shall continue."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back