Not open for further replies.
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
vs.
175px-Watford.svg.png

Wednesday, 2 March 2016
Barclays Premier League
Old Trafford
20:00 GMT

Van Gaal: "Players are coming back. It is positive. I think Martial can play, Darmian can play and maybe Smalling - we'll wait and see for tomorrow."

In a way that's great news... In another way that's not.

Getting Smalling back will be great but that will free Carrick up to play in midfield.

Having Darmian back means maybe dropping Varela which would be harsh! Plus Darmian is nowhere near as good in attack.

And it'll be interesting to see who drops out for Martial.

Squad: De Gea, Romero, Darmian, Varela, Poole, Blind, Riley, Rojo, Fosu-Mensah, Rothwell, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Mata, Lingard, Memphis, Weir, Rashford, Martial.

No Carrick, Smalling or Borthwick-Jackson.

Struggling to imagine who plays in defense for us. Will we see a back four of Varela, Darmian, Blind, Rojo?

Varela, Rojo, Blind, Riley/Fosu-Mensah?

Two left footed central defenders though.

I think I'd move Darmian inside and see how he gets on.

Read a lot in the summer that he can play at center half so would like to see it. And hey who knows... If he performs well at CB with Varela looking good at right back maybe it helps us for next season?! I'd certainly like to see it given a go as I'm not sure Darmian is the answer long term at right back. Not from an attacking perspective anyway.

Forgot to post my team prediction in the other thread. Got 11/11 on the other one I do on twitter.

Fosu-Mensah at CB tonight, huge test for the lad, hope he's up for it. Front 3 tonight is tasty.

Ooh OK so Fosu-Mensah is at center back? When I saw the teams they were suggesting he was at left back?!

The fact it's so quiet on here just goes to show how little it would seem has happened in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back