220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
vs.
222px_Liverpool_FC_svg.png

Thursday, 17 March 2016
Europa League Round Of 16 Second Leg
Old Trafford
20:05 GMT

Team news:

After confirming Bastian will not start on Thursday, the boss went on to state that Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson will not be involved in his squad to face Liverpool, despite both players returning to training from injury.

"They are training now with us but you have to build up more than only one training session or two training sessions," he told MUTV. "For example, Young and Valencia are out for a few months so it is not so easy to come back and that you can adapt to the rhythm of this level.

"Yeah [it's too early for them]. Too early also for Schweinsteiger. He has played two times 10 or 15 minutes, maybe he can play 45 minutes or 30 minutes dependable on the situation also on the pitch. I cannot say in advance but I try to do that of course. His impact was very big in the last game versus West Ham United and he was involved in the goal, I think. But, yeah, I have to cope with the fact when they're injured, you're not back at the moment they train one training session with you."

Squad: De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Varela, Smalling, Williams, Borthwick-Jackson, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Memphis, Martial, Rashford.

No Blind and Herrera.

Team: De Gea, Varela, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Darmian, Valencia, Williams, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Memphis

Oh great... Fellaini... Wonderful... And that confirms it! I wasn't sure if I was going to watch tonight and now I'm definitely not.

Carrick and Fellaini, what great mobility against a mobile team!

Good chances for Lingard and Mata. One of them should have scored.

Fairly decent first half performance absolutely killed by Liverpool's goal.

Varela has been a bit all over the place. Dear Gea showed him too much goal

This is just sad now. Why did darmian come on for I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back