Not open for further replies.
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
vs.
150px_FC_Midtjylland.png

Thursday, 25 February 2016
Europa League Round Of 32 Second Leg
Old Trafford
20:05 GMT

Carrick-Herrera, Carrick-Schneiderlin or Herrera-Schneiderlin?

Herrera-schneiderlin as long as schneiderlin gets back to form. It's an area we need to strengthen though

Herrera- Schniederlin for me. Carrick and Schneiderlin are too static for me.

Herrera Schneiderlin for sure. It's been the partnership I think we've wanted to see in a lot of games this season.

In the big games I don't think it is worth the risk... But in games where we should really dominate the ball I'd definitely go with Herrera and Schneiderlin! They both have energy and work rate. But Herrera wants to push on more with Schneiderlin looking to sit deep. Playing two defensive minded players in most games is a nonsense.

Haha so maybe no Smalling, definitely no DDG and Rooney... Going to be tough as I expect them to look to defend in numbers and hit us on the counter. Absolutely have to take our chances early on otherwise it'll get tense.

According to Samuel luckhurst Smalling and CBJ trained yesterday at carrington. Glad to have them back.

Thank god for that! We certainly need both of them to play tonight... CBJ is actually starting to become a really important player in the absence of Shaw!

Squad: Romero, Joel Pereira, Love, Varela, Poole, Rojo, Blind, McNair, Riley, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Andreas Pereira, Memphis, Martial, Rashford.

No Smalling and Borthwick-Jackson.

Team: Romero; Varela, Carrick, Blind, Riley; Schneiderlin, Ander Herrera; Lingard, Mata, Memphis; Martial.
Subs: J.Pereira, Rojo, Poole, McNair, Love, A.Pereira, Rashford.

Don't understand carrick and blind being paired. No pace between them. Will be screwed on the counter.

I know it's a risk but why not go with Poole? Or if Rojo is on the bench he's fit enough to play some part... And if he's not then he shouldn't be there. I know injuries are bad luck but they'll look at this team and know they need to get at us and they've got a great chance. Bit of pace against that centre half pairing and it's curtains.

Poor poor penalty!!!

Been a pretty positive performance to be fair. Been on the front foot and created a few chances.

But the defense is a worry!

Ultimately if we lose this tie it won't have been lost tonight. And I think we should all remember that. These youngsters have been put in a really tough position.

Not that anyone is having a go at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back