Not open for further replies.
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
vs.
150px-AFC_Bournemouth_%282013%29.svg.png

Sunday, 15 May 2016
Barclays Premier League
Old Trafford
15:00 BST

Huge game this... Think we win it but think City win their game.

Bournemouth will come and enjoy themselves knowing they've got very little to play for but that in itself makes them a dangerous opponent.

Everybody is a dangerous opponent to Louis van garbage

That's true... I am so torn on this game... I can see City messing up and I'm just not sure I want us to truly capitalise.

My opinion is that he should go regardless, do fear now though that top 4 and cup could save him. Wasn't alive at the time but believe Dave Sexton was sacked for poor style of play despite winning last 7 games and getting 2nd place in the league the season before he was sacked. Like Van Gaal I believe he'd also spent a lot of money with a scatter gun approach in the transfer market. It wasn't enough for him then and it's not enough for Van Gaal now. If we stick we're accepting mediocrity. Big club with a small club mentality at the moment. We should be up there with Barca, Real and Bayern; playing good football and winning things. I'd settle for one of those things to be honest but both should be the aim for the size of club we are.

Bournemouth have had a decent season trying to play positive football, not in form though and playing for little though they'll be well up for this game, playing at Old Trafford and looking to do the double over us.

I agree that he should go I just don't think he will. The club have stuck by him so far and securing top 4 would save him I think. That in itself is a joke though because for us to make top 4 it needs City to throw it away. This comes down to them more than us! They've already put plans in place for next season as have Liverpool and Chelsea yet we seem to be stuck with LVG. I don't understand what they see in him and why they want to stick by him so badly. They were quick to get rid of Moyes for a poor playing style and failure to meet requirements. Well LVGs style is even worse, he's spent lots more money and the results in my opinion have been much worse. Moyes outperformed him in Europe and I'd be interested to see the points tally in our season under him. I'm pretty sure it wasn't far away from this season and I know last season we didn't actually gather many more points.

If the board stick with LVG because of City's failings then it just goes to show how clueless they are. And if they do that then prepare for this team to finish even lower next season. Liverpool will come on a lot stronger, West Ham seem to be building, Spurs look like they have a positive future ahead, Everton will come on stronger under a new manager as they will have a new manager. It seems to me the club don't know what direction they want to go in. I can understand the hesitance to appoint Jose. He's got a poor track record with youth and he's a short term fix. OK maybe he can change, maybe he wants to settle more but his track record says differently. But the club absolutely can't stick with LVG and if they do I will absolutely not watch them next season. Sadly my passion for the team has dwindled under LVG. I can't justify wasting my time watching games that I know will be a bore. I just want to be entertained and that's not going to happen under LVG.

I think a win tomorrow would equal Moyes' points total...

Pathetic! Laughable! Got to go! It's that simple. Moyes was ridiculed. Fans hired a plane to fly over Old Trafford to get him out... Yet LVG stays and really has had very little stick in comparison. It makes no sense.

At times under Moyes I felt for him. Key decisions or freak goals went against him. I'm not saying he was good enough as he really wasn't... But he had a lot of bad luck. I don't think the same can be said of LVG. In fact actually for the most part things have gone his way.

Moyes' problem was that he was following and inherited a title winning team. I think Van Gaal's been allowed more lee-way because he was rebuilding and because he had achieved a fair bit in the game.

But hang on... If Moyes was judged on the fact he had a title winning team then why isn't LVG? Why did LVG need to rebuild the team? Because we all realised it wasn't as good as it seemed and that Fergie left it in a bit of a mess. So actually Moyes had the same issues that LVG has faced. Now I'm not necessarily expecting LVG to win the title. Far from it. But I'm expecting to see progress and good football. Both of which he's not done and in fact he's taken us backwards.

Not sure I understand your point. Van Gaal didn't inherit a title winning team, we finished 7th the season before and some of the players from Fergie's last season had decided to leave so he had to rebuild.

Don't think Van Gaal has had it easier than Moyes either, don't recall any booing at OT under Moyes despite 7th place finish, plane banner was almost unanimously booed. Press been more on Van Gaal's back than Moyes' too. Van Gaal got us to 4th so was kept on, needed to improve on that, hasn't, gone backwards, should be sacked.

My point is the team that Moyes inherited wasn't actually as good as we all thought. Yes it won the title but it wasn't actually a very good team. We won the title because of the Fergie factor more than the quality of the team. There were a lot of ageing players who were never replaced. So yes in theory Moyes inherited a title winning team but in reality it was a team littered with problems.

I seem to remember booing by the United fans when Moyes was in charge. Maybe it wasn't as bad as under LVG but I put that down to the fact that 1) the football is so god dam awful and 2) Moyes got a lot of really unlucky breaks. LVG has brought all of his problems on himself and been has been rather lucky I'd say.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Carrick, Rooney, Mata, Lingard, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Jones, Varela, Young, Herrera, Pereira, Memphis.

Looks a strong team so I'm pretty sure we will keep up our end of the bargain. So it's down to City and whether they can do their bit or not.

Disappointed that Fosu-Mensah isn't in some way involved though. What's happened there?

Fosu-Mensah been injured. Has said on twitter that he's recovering. Schneiderlin also a late withdrawal from the squad, suspect Pereira has replaced him in the squad.

Swansea resting Fabianski, Taylor, Williams and Sigurdsson. Ki also out for Swansea. If City don't win that they deserve 4th even less than us.

Stretford End and SAF stand evacuated seemingly for security reasons. Hopefully a false alarm.

Hopefully a false alarm... But false alarm or not the games can cancelled.

Absolutely right call to abandon the game, seems to have been handled very well too in terms of trying to avoid panic. Fans in other stands kept in to avoid overcrowding outside the ground too.

Yeah sounds like a top notch job by everyone involved!!! Well done to them all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hopefully lineup will be changed for rearranged game now we know 4th unlikely. Give reserve players a chance.

Yeah hopefully mate... I don't think right before a FA Cup final you'd want to be risking your top players? I don't think we will see Martial, Rashford, Rooney, Smalling or DDG for sure.

OK well that's good... Though I'd still think you'll see the reserves? Give youth a go and let the experienced players rest ready for the Euros.

Out of today's lineup i'd keep Borthwick-Jackson, Carrick and Rashford in. Carrick to start if it's his farewell game.

Yeah I'd definitely play Borthwick-Jackson and Rashford as they are young and won't be involved in the Euro's. Carrick without doubt deserves a farewell game which it seems this will now be for him.

Just call off the game, nothing to play for anyway now. Bring this crap season to an end.

We're currently in 6th which I believe means we have to qualify to get into the Europa League. if we're going to be in it, i'd rather finish 5th and qualify automatically for it. Would prefer not to be in it at all but would rather not have to play 2 legged qualifier to get into it in July.

David McDonnell of the Daily Mirror reporting it'll be played this Tuesday, time unknown but likely to be an 8pm kick off. Surprised it's going to be played before cup final, surely not going to risk players with that game in mind.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There we go then. Hoping 11 starting FA Cup final rested so something like this Romero; Varela, Jones, Williams/Tuanzebe/Poole, Riley; McNair/Schneiderlin, Herrera, Pereira; Young, Januzaj, Memphis.

Have to say, I thought the whole thing today was quite bizarre.

I am in T3 of the North Stand, right on the half way line.

We heard the 1st announcement, but then the stewards in our area knew nothing about what's was happening, and then told us to stay where we were. We could see people from the NW Quadrant leaving, and some people in the Stretford End.

We were still sat down when they 2nd announcement came, again cause the stewards said to stay, then we heard the Code Red announcement, and everyone left, wasn't any panic, was very calm, but took us about 15mins to get out of the ground due to numbers.

Outside the ground, there was no co-ordination between stewards and police. A tannoy announcement told us to move to one of the car parks, but no one was moving, and the numbers were increasing, and people getting squashed. People just stood on the bridge looking back at the stadium instead of moving forward and allowing others to move also. I saw 3 police officers trying their best to get everyone moving, but some people would just not listen and stayed stood in the way of others trying to get away from the ground.

Must have taken us about 45 mins in total to get from our seats to the main road by North Stand

26934868242_b7c0303e0a_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back