Manchester United v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obertan is probably in for another starter..could be interesting..he did really good last night..

Rio will be back... maybe Hernandez? could maybe see both Obertan and Hernandez starting...

vDs
evra vida rio rafael
obertan carrick scholes park
berba chich

that would be my guess

Shame the atmosphere will be rubbish compared to the turks

Down to the bare bones in CM. Ando I think will be back, expect to see Eikrem on the bench if not.

Some important absences. Nani mainly. Obertan probably starts. Park as well. Despite some lapses and mistakes, our "Reserve" team produced a quite solid display in Carling Cup against them, and I hope we can cope with them again.

Considering we'll play against the noisy neighbors on wednesday, I believe that some players may be rested. Vidic and Sat Nav (aka Scholes) for example.

My team for saturday: van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evra; Obertan, Carrick, Gibson, Park, Berba, Chicharito.

But most important thing about this game will happen off the field. Our dedicated manager completes exactly 24 years in charge in next saturday. Another outstanding achievement for a legendary man.

Fletcher looked badly hurt, i'm just wondering whether it was the injury he got against Spurs, you might remember it, he got up and carried on but he didn't look good, his knee looked like it popped against Spurs, I'd forgotten about it with the Nani goal.

Fergie could be in the stands on the phone this weekend.

I think we might see Eikrem this weekend with the amount of CM's out. Scholes is only one yellow away from a suspension and we don't want him to miss Wednesday so no point risking it really. No point risking Fletch. Gibson and Ando are ill. Giggs is injured. Leaving us with Park, Carrick, Eikrem, O'Shea (?), Morrison maybe too. Nani's out too so the likes of Obertan and Bebe might be required to start if Park plays centrally meaning that maybe Brady will get on the bench again. Perhaps having all these wingers is necessary.

Eikrem is in the squad for the Wolves game, heard this on twitter, and i think it's very likely.

we might see him on the bench, and a very very small chance that he might start( more of wishful thinking form me :D).
Ando, Gibbo are out with the virus, Hargo will never ever be fit imo!! Fletch won't be risked and Scholesy on 4 yellows means we only have Carrick and Eikrem as the only it Cm's, mostly we'll see JOS+Carrick in midfield, i don't like that combo actually, JOS isn't really great at passing and if Carrick does a houdini as he usually does, we're in big trouble!!

Probable lineup:
Vds, Wes, Rio, Vida, Evra, Obertan, Park, Carrick, Bebe, Berba and Chicha.

I think Eikrem might be among the subs tonight. As said by people already, Scholes will not be risked considering he's on 4 yellows and the upcoming derby. And according to Phelan there's a slight possibilty of having Giggs and Fletcher back for tonight. But I don't think they will be risked either.
Wolves will surely put up a fight but in the end I expect United to win this one. Maybe a 2-0 win for us? Berba and Chicha to score.

Hargo starts!!! Unbelieveable.

Team: VDS, Brown, Vidic, Ferdinand, O'Shea, Park, Fletcher, Hargreaves, Evra, Obertan, Hernandez.
Subs: Kuszczak, Smalling, Scholes, Fábio, Evans, Macheda, Bébé.

Last edited:
Just seen that Hargo is starting... Great news for the guy...

5 mins in and he comes off injured :(

I fear this is the end for him...

The match looked dead for us until Scholes came on.He turned the match in our favour.The moment he came on since then we looked like scoring.I wish he had come on in the 60th or so when nothing was working for us.

Park was terrific throughout.I don't recall many poor passes from him.he worked his socks off and scored 2 very good goals.First one - What.A.Ball.Fletcher's pass was excellent.2nd one was brilliant individual goal.On a serious note,it's obvious that Park is slowly improving. Much better in that central role. He'll have his critics always.

Bebe was very good till the final ball which was horrendous.feck.the crosses were horrible.completely different from what we have seen so far. cant judge him based on this though.hes been good for us before.i wonder what SAF will tell bebe after the game. but obertan was very good, imo.

Brown handled jarvis better better today than the carling cup game though.Gutted for Owen Hargreaves, though.I hate to say, but his career looks to be going nowhere.

Park is not a left winger. Central is his best position, but I think he can do a job on the right too. Same about Bebe, he's got a few language issues too. I think we threw in the deep end a bit too, when Hargo went off, Scholes should have come on.

Hargreaves - I don't think it's over for him, small injuries like this always happen with long term injuries, he ain't played much in 2 years, hardly done any running, now his knee is good he's pushing himself so much to impress that his legs aren't used to it. I was told this when I went back to Rugby after 2 years out. He needs to be eased back in with the Reserves in my opinion.

Have to admit i was only half listening to the football as i was watching the F1 qualifying...

Sounded rather bad for us today...

Wasn't pretty but they say, winning after a poor performance, is the making of champions. Depleted and players playing with flu and diarrhoea, the poor performance was expected. Hope they get better by Wednesday.

What a piece of individual skill from Park. He definitely is my MOTM. But the win doesn't hide the fact that we were poor today. JOS was not up to the mark. And Bebe seriously needs to work on his crosses. Fletcher and Chicha were quite good. What a pass by Fletcher to set up Park for his first one. We only improved when Scholes came on.

Hope to have Nani and Giggs back by Wednesday. Btw, did Berba catch a flu as well?

What a piece of individual skill from Park. He definitely is my MOTM. But the win doesn't hide the fact that we were poor today. JOS was not up to the mark. And Bebe seriously needs to work on his crosses. Fletcher and Chicha were quite good. What a pass by Fletcher to set up Park for his first one. We only improved when Scholes came on.

Hope to have Nani and Giggs back by Wednesday. Btw, did Berba catch a flu as well?

Everyone's got it, even some of the players who played have got it a bit, just not as bad as the lads who missed out. We need a miracle before Wednesday.

the Citeh game is looking bad for me!! if we have the same players at our disposal come match day, we're in huge trouble!

If we can get Berba, Rafael and Carrick back in the squad, plus Scholes back in the starting lineup. Maybe Giggs too. I think we'll look good. Nani's looking like he'll be out until Villa though, if he does make it, major boost as he is now a key player.

Everyone I know here is far too quick to piss take Bebe. He was the only one looking to get to the byline. He's still getting used to the way things are done here and the speed of the game. Give him time. He will come good

Who's taking the piss out of Bebe here? Bebe's crosses in previous games for us have been good, for some reason today he was off with his crossing. The rest of his game was what was expected from someone who's just been plucked from obscurity in Portugal to playing infront of 70,000. He's still learning and he doesn't even speak English. Like you say, "Give him time. He will come good"

i think the Wolves tore us apart overall today. the win came down to the "never say die" attitude of the team & 2 great goals by Park. but i have to say we didn't really deserve the win based on how we were playing. Bebe's crossing was horribly wayward & overall quite a few passes were either literally handed into the Wolves' feet or didn't seem to have a destination. not to mention a very close call for Vidic with that clearance that was almost an own goal if it had gone the other way.

but what i really wanna know is: what in the world was Chicharito even thinking when he pulled off that blatant dive??? *facepalm*

Missed O'Shea tackling Fletcher...

I think Chicha's dive showed how desperate a state we were in. He had a frustrating day too. Not saying it was right to dive though.

Poor performance, lets move on.

Nothing could have been done about that goal tbh.the shot came and could have gone anywhere.Luckily for Wolves it fell to Ebanks-Blake.Our defence was good yesterday imo.Brown handled Jarvis much better and Ferdinand and Vidic did well as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back