Manchester United v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for this game, chance to see the youngsters and not be overly worried about the result.

Amos, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Fabio, Obertan, Eikrem, Anderson, Bebe, Kiko, Owen.

Not sure how many of those are injured or are still going to be injured come Tuesday. All sorts of possibilities. Hargo might even be fit...

The short time (48 hours) between the games is another reason to go with the youngsters.Likes of Bebe, Obertan, Rafael, Fabio and maybe Eikrem Will Be Involved.

TK; Rafael, Brown, Smalling, Fábio; Gibson, Ando; Bebe, Eikrem, Obertan; Kiko

Don't think Amos will play, Jorgefoo? Seems that TK has CL games covered and Amos is our CC man. Would've played in last round had it not been for injury.

---------------TK---------------
Rafael/Brown, Evans, Smalling, Fabio (injured?)
----Gibson, Carrick, Anderson-----
Bebe-----------------------Obertan
---------- Macheda---------------

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Don't think Amos will play, Jorgefoo? Seems that TK has CL games covered and Amos is our CC man. Would've played in last round had it not been for injury.

I think TK, being the immediate vds sub, need more minutes on the field than Amos. but what you said makes total sense.

SAF has said it's roughly the same players from Scunny game. Now Corry Evans and Ritchie De Laet are on loan so they won't be in the squad. Bebe has said he's going to be involved. And Eikrem was in the squad at Scunny as seen below. I expect Amos to be involved instead of Edwin. Hopefully instead of Corry and Ritchie, a few of the other younger players will get a chance especially with no Reserves/Academy games around. Ravel anyone? Will Keane? Tom Thorpe?

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Brown, Ferdinand, Smalling, Rafael Da Silva, Park, Anderson, Gibson, Hernandez, Owen, Macheda.
Subs: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Obertan, De Laet, Corry Evans, Bebe, Eikrem.

Ravel Morrison and Robbie Brady been given squad numbers ahead of tonight. Eikrem is reportedly on the bench.

Kuz

rafael smalling evans fabio

obertan gibson carrick park

macheda owen

if all these are fit

i'd like to see park behind the striker and then obertan and bebé on the wings, we've hardly seen them play!

Brilliant that Brady is in too, we lack a left footed winger and he looks a bit of a livewire. Been impressed by what i've seen of him.

Kuz Wes Small Evans Raf, Obertan Carrick Gibbo Ando Park Macheda

logic: Wes needs time, only played half at Stoke, much needed practice for Bale on Sat; Carrick needs game time to get his head back! Wont play v Spurs. Anderson likewise given more time to prove fitness/touch. Park given final chance to prove his worth for Spurs - could be needed for Bale with Nani playing left?

Brady's inclusion was expected. With Rooney injured, Berba and Chicharito being rested, we only have two strikers available, and we don't know how fit Owen is.
Glad to see Morrison probably involved as well. I hope he gets some minutes tonight.

But who I really hope to see on the field tonight is Eikrem.

Brady is a winger though... i'm hoping Will Keane is on the bench.

Neville could well start - all depends on how he/Wes are feeling after Sunday. Either way, I think it a must that Brown starts v Spurs and not Rafael or JOS (who was quite frankly, astoundingly terrible on Sunday).

SEA - Hope to see Bebe and Obertan flying down the wings, but can't see it v full-stength Wolves?

You think Wolves will put a full strength team out tonight with them struggling in the league. Mick wouldn't put a strong team out against us in the Prem.

Amos/Brown, Smalling, J Evans, Fábio/Carrick, Gibson/Obertan, Park, Bébé/Macheda. 4-2-3-1. That's how I see it.

Some suggesting Bebe is playing upfront but I don't think that. Park will play as an offensive midfielder.

I thought the game was Wednesday too until Sunday.

And we're off...

Have to admit i've not heard of Amos before... is he any good?

Thought Gibson was poor. Carrick was a lot better. Park looked better when he came central but when on the wing he wasn't great. He was given MotM?!!?!? Fabio tires quickly but played really well. Smalling was brilliant, Evans disappointed me too. Bebe and Obertan showed signs of brilliance but for most of the game were frustrating.

Chicharito = CAC! ... Cheap as Chips!

Some things never change. Evans and his struggling, Park and his worthless when plays as winger. About the Korean, my opinion has not changed. He lost some technique and speed since his last knee injury. He needs to play as CM or AM.

By the way, I didn't understand Obertan's positioning today. He can not play centralized. That didn't work before and didn't work again today. His performance have improved when he began to play as winger. and that's how he has to play.

Fabio was impressive today. Very good in marking and some good runs and tackles. But sometimes, I think he spends too much energy for nothing. He always starts the game running a lot and in the second half he is no longer the same player. He needs to save more energy.

Amos did not make the best of games but he wasn't so bad. But it was disturbing to see its positioning, especially at crossings. He is not a tall player for a GK, and that might also have hindered him.

6 goals in 11 games, calm settlement, saving the team with goals at the right times. This is the our Chicharito. Have we found a new Ole? Maybe. But he reminds me of van Nistelrooy sometimes. Mainly in positioning and finishing. Just imagining the monster that this boy can become, i getting excited about the next game only to see him in action.

However, i'm a little upset for not having seen Eikrem on the field again and seeing Morrison only for a few seconds. I understand that the game was tricky, but they could have played (in Morrison's case, have entered sooner)

Not the best of games, We still get going. I'd like to see United playing against Ipswich in quarter final. It would be nice to see Keano being applauded by the United fans at Old Trafford again

Oh Hernandez! I almost didn't want a winner unless it was he who scored it .. thats how much I'm loving his performances and his personality on the pitch in general.

For all the deserved praise Wes got after Sunday, I thought he was poor at full back today until he got switched to the centre and showed Smalling and Evans what man marking is all about. Smalling was decent, Fabio had some decent moments but still doesn't look totally convincing, and Evans was poor. Amos looked okay throughout. Probably could've done better with both goals, but I really thought the first one was a very clear foul on him. It doesn't excuse the poor marking though.

Obertan and Bebe drifted in and out. Some nice touches, some nice moves, but not very effective. I'm glad that Bebe got his goal and it should get some of the very uncalled for pressure off his back. Gibson was .. Gibson. I really think having him in the side, with how vital his position is, weakens the team in general. Defence gets more exposed, the other central midfielder gets pulled out of position, and its a dominoes effect. I thought Carrick was very good tonight, one of his better games in a long time. He gets man of the match for me.

Macheda's performances are difficult to talk about. I personally feel sorry for him. He's very young and he's been isolated in almost every starting appearance he made for United. By the time Obertan partnered him up front he was really frustrated already, and it got frustrating for us. Its something we really have to look at when we try and give some youngsters chances in the first team. Its fine to say player X made 8 appearances for the first team, but they're almost never tested by the occasion or the team selection. The only way we can really find out about Macheda, Obertan or Smalling is by playing them in a near full strength starting 11. Give Macheda a chance to partner Berbatov/Hernandez in front of a full strength team, thats how you really test him. Gibson, Evans and Rafael have experienced that. Macheda and Obertan haven't . Not Properly anyways.

Though Bebe did great last night, and his goal was the icing on the cake.... i see great potential for him to shine at United.

Little P..... i knew the moment he got the ball that he was going to score, this kid is just something else.

Didn't feel comfortable with Amos in goal last night... don't know if it was a confidence issue or something else.... but i think after a few more games i think he could be a good back up.

Everytime Chicha gets the ball I expect him to score, can't remember what game it was I think it was Bursaspor last week and I couldn't believe he'd missed. I'd love to see a goals to shots ratio for him, he rarely doesn't finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back