Manchester United v Wigan (20th November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Competition: Barclays Premier League
Date: Saturday, 20 November 2010
Venue: Old Trafford
Kick Off: 3pm

Last edited:
don't care who plays... just hope it's a better result than Villa

Wigan's best performances this season have coincided with Cleverley playing. Not sure who's going to be available and who's not yet. Chance for a few lads to freshen up this week, Scholes will be fresh, Carrick, Berba too. Have Mexico got a game? Can't see Chicha starting if he has to go to Mexico.

Team at the moment depends on who's available after the internationals, still not sure if Chicha is in Mexico, if so, I can see Rooney starting with Berba. Rooney apparently has come on really well the last week. Erm... Rafael might be back, pulled out of Brazil squad this week though, I think Scholes is back after suspension and hopefully the lads who have been unwell will also be back. How long is Giggs still out for? or don't we know. I've got a bad feeling that this could be the end for Giggs, I don't know why but it doesn't look good.

we can't underestimate Wigan, especially N'Zogbia, he has been their best player off late.
Hopefully Rooney makes his return this weekend, and hopefully we give Obertan a start down the wings, Park is at his best down the middle, not as a winger especially a left winger.

VAN DER SAR
BROWN FERDINAND VIDIC EVRA
NANI CARRICK SCHOLES OBERTAN
BERBATOV ROONEY/HERNANDEZ

It's supposed to be an easy home game and Fletcher has been carrying an injury and has even played for Scotland today while Carrick and Scholes rested. Give him a rest. we are going to need him again as we face Rangers in the midweek match.

I don't expect anything less than a win.

VDS
Rafa Rio Vidic Evra
Fletch Scholes Carrick
Nani Berbatov Park

If i'm not mistaken, United never been beaten by Wigan, although the teams have played a few times only. This intl. week. With all this virus thing and other injuries, some players will have time to recover. I think Rooney certainly will be involved. I think he starts on the bench, but i won't be surprised to see him in the starting XI.

van der Sar, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs; Berbarito

Would be great if we did, I just want a clean sheet and a win though, we need to build some form up in the next 3 games before we play Arsenal and Chelsea.

Just realised i'm missing the game due to being at a Uni Open Day with my sister. Not good. Might be back in time for 2nd half. Hoping. Twitter updates will do.

darn.... will probably only be able to follow it by the radio myself...

Bristol Uni. Not sure how long we're there for. Might be back in time. Going up to Cardiff to watch the Rugby on Friday, staying up there then going to Bristol then back home I think. Thinking about it I might be back in time.

Why you not going on Saturday?

We SHOULD win comfortably. But The only games we actually have won comfortably, against West Ham and Newcastle, were right at the beginning of the season. Since, every game has been a scrap

Rafael and Giggs doubts. Rooney likely to be on the bench as stated in another thread.

Brown was poor against Villa, we may see the return of O'Shea at right back. I hope not though, O'Shea this season doesnt fill with confidence. Neville? If Giggs is a doubt I'd rather he missed the match completely. No need to risk him against Wigan.

I fear this is the end for Giggs... :/

Brown was poor, i'd prefer O'Shea over Neville. Neville would get torn apart by N'Zogbia or anyone for that matter. I'd be inclined to stick with Brown.

Rio and Smalling also being assessed today after picking up Groin Strains. Bloody internationals.

Rafael's a doubt. Not sure what's wrong with Ando, thought he had a virus.

i'm really hoping Rafael is fit! O'Sheea also might have a problem with N'Zogbia, we need a player who's agile and quick to handle someone like him, would have said Fabio if he hadn't played yesterday night!

If Ando ain't fit, Eikrem should be on the bench if he's fit. Got Scholes back this weekend though.

Dare I say it - start him against Wigan?

If Rooney isn't going to start, then why not go with Hernandez and him up front? Leave Berbatov on the bench to lite a fire under his ass, and try capturing lightning in a bottle with Macheda.

i agree, Rooney should be benched till he proves his worth again!
and Macheda starting isn't a bad idea, he is in good form and it's the best time to start him too! he and Berba might start against Wigan today

I totally agree he should have to earn his place...

But... With the next 2 games being (dare I say) relatively easy and at home then maybe he should play, it will give him some game time before arse n chelski and because they are at home he won't get half as much stick as he would if they were away games (I'm presuming anyway)

We are goin to need him if we are going to win the title and these games provide an excellent opportunity for him to get back to form

We have a dilemma: teach rooney a lesson or do the best for the team.

1. Rooney made an ass of himself and went against the club and it supporters - not to be taken lightly
2. The team is yet to hit top gear and need some additional spark to hit it - could give us the title.

Hard pick for SAF, but i believe the best thing for the club i total is to take the Rooney thing behind locked doors and let Rooney start flying by throwing him in at the deep end and "make" him show that he still wants to do his best for the club..

While the team did well to sneak a point from a terrible performance at Villa, we cannot afford to put out the same sort of performance against Wigan and expect our luck to hold out once again. With Arsenal in total control against Spurs at the moment, it seems rather likely that they will win today, so we must win as well to keep pace.

Van Der Sar
Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Fletcher Carrick Scholes
Nani Macheda Chicharito

VDS, Rafa, Rio, Vidic, Evra. Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Park. Obertan, Macheda
No Berbatov in squad. Subs Giggs, Hernandez, Scholes, O'Shea, Evans, Kooshack and ROONEY.

Interesting front two.... and that Berba isn't even in the team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back