Manchester United v Wigan (20th November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Im never happy when Chicarito doesn't start but Macheda earned this start from Villan game. 2 be honest, I just wanna see a spirited performance from whomever is fielded & a convincing win. This is a chance for us 2 make up some the goal differential. HotSpurs made an awesome comeback & defeated LeArse so there is another opportunity 4 us 2 make head. I EXPECT @least 3 MUFC goals & clean sheet win. Anything less will be disappointing. GGMU

hope to be wrong, but it worries me to see Macheda play alone up front, as I'd be worried to see Berbatov or Chicharito there. Actually, I think Rooney is the only one capable of playing well the sole striker.

I hope this is a 4-3-2-1 and not a 4-4-1-1, as was used against Wolverhampton. I'm more impressed with the bench than the Starting XI. haha

Great goal but apart from that it's been bloody boring

Rafael MOTM for me, felt sorry for Macheda playing on his own again

Rafael didn't really come on in the 1st half, it was once Alcarez and Rodallega got sent off that he made an impact. for me the Man of the Match should be Evra, was fantastic for complete 90 mins, only player who tried to even rush the game, even when Wigan were down to 9 men, he was the only one who seemed to have some urgency in his game

Missed the game, didn't miss much by the sounds of things. Good result, no doubt we need to get better though from what i've heard, Midfield needs freshening up in Jan... or now, Eikrem has to play next League Cup game. Getting bored of saying that now. Cleverley coming back in January has to happen too.

Agree something needs to happen in midfield. first we need to play carrick scholes.,..fletch has be off the last couple of games.
on current midfield form, i actually think cleverly would be able to play every other game...

Why do we keep playing 4-5-1 and use the only to strikers we have that can't play up front alone, macheda and berbatov...strange..

Heard this weekend again about Anderson to Panathinaikos. Really like him but it seems more likely. Hargreaves not going to be the same or play much again. Giggs and Scholes on the verge of retirement, Carrick and Fletch have lost it a bit. Gibson not offering much. We're really lacking in midfield, all around midfield too, defensively and attacking, we're struggling to control games at home now when we play 4-4-2.

just seen the match on Match of the Day...

from the looks of things United were doing what i've been thinking for a while.... we seemed to be unable to make the last touch work...

Both Wigan reds were completely justified...... why are players still going in with both feet? surely they must all know now that it's a straight red...

There was nothing really wrong with the tackle, got the ball etc. but in the modern game you can't go in with 2 feet anymore, it's just the way things are, it's dangerous. It was a good tackle, but he was just stupid in thinking he could do that.

i don't think Ando will leave, at least hope not. and i think Fletcher has too much to do in midfield when playing with Carrick, he has to go forward and also come back and help in defense too, too much to expect from him really.

Carrick didn't really impose himself even when Wigan were down to 9 men, it Was Scholes and fletcher doing the bulk of the passing and running.

But Carrick's current form is an improvement over last season, so lets hope that it's just a matter of time before he gets back some consistency in his game.

We won. Playing well, this is for the next game. Before the game, I feared for a 4-4-1-1, just from what I saw against the Wolves. And the problems were repeated. Obertan played centralized against the Wolves and didn't work. And didn't work again yesterday. And this problem was simple to solve. It was enough to swap the positions between Park and Obertan.

Yesterday's game was similar to other games this season. the team starts well, taking the initiative, creating chances but failing to convert on goal. This works well for 20 minutes. From then on, the team stops. the opponent starts playing better, creating the better chances and United suffered a huge pressure. It was disturbing to see the team only getting betterr when Wigan's players were sent off.

The good thing i'ts the defense.It seems to have finally settled. Rafael was superb in the second half, Evra was excellent and Vidic / Ferdinand made a solid performances

Kiko had difficulty playing alone again. Incidentally, It gave me a certainty: If Ferguson wants to play with a sole striker, the only one able to perform well is Rooney. Berbatov made some good games in this situation but in most games, he had trouble playing alone. Macheda, ditto. And Chicharito isn't ready for this (and i don'tt know if he'll be one day).

Still disappointed about the team's performances but i'm obviously satisfied with the win. After all, even not playing well, the the team can win, and that's something positive.

And yet, this has been a great weekend for United. Arsenal lost his game, Chelsea as well, and now we're sharing the lead. All favorable.

Joint top,unbeaten and yet to get out of 2nd gear, performances not been good on the eye especially what were used to.Thought we were lucky to go in one up at HT,as Wigan were knocking it about well as the half went on.Macheda doesnt do it for me up fron t on his own but to be fair didnt get much service.Obviously the sendings off changed the game & Scholes just orchestrated Midfield when he came on,unlike the 1st half where we were quite poor.Rooney was finding his feet but I'm sure will give us more in the coming weeks.Overall job done but want to see us more clinical in the final 3rd.Lets see what Wednesday brings us.

didn't really get going, and hardly stood out in midfield. i remember Fletcher making so many passes in the game, but carrick hardly a few moments in the game.

Stats don't paint the whole picture but they say Carrick was successful in 4/6 tackles and misplaced 4 out of 54 passes. Fletch only made 1, I expect more from him. Misplaced 10 of 65 passes. 1 interception apiece. Stats are weird from yesterday's game. Vidic didn't win a single tackle, only had to make 3 though.

I don't think we have a good 2 man midfield to be honest.

a 2 man midfield depends a lot on the two players complementing each other, but we always play too deep when we have a 2 man midfield, and struggle when Scholesy isn't there to make the long passes. considering we aren't playing a 4-4-2 these days, it's even more essential that the AMC plays properly for a good balance.

the reason why Park plays better central role than Obertan in a 4-2-3-1 is that he plays deeper than Gabby, fills the gap between attack and defense, whereas Obertan sticks closer to the striker. Side more balanced when Park moves central because of that

also Carrick hasn't been really making too many long passes, or even attempting to, he's sticking to short and simple passes, maybe a reason why his passing accuracy is better?

also Carrick hasn't been really making too many long passes, or even attempting to, he's sticking to short and simple passes, maybe a reason why his passing accuracy is better?

It seems a lot of Carricks passing appears to be negative at time lately, like square balls or back passes as appose to long balls / cross field diagonals / defense splitting balls ect.. Yes?

It seems a lot of Carricks passing appears to be negative at time lately, like square balls or back passes as appose to long balls / cross field diagonals / defense splitting balls ect.. Yes?

yeah, very Gibson like! lol, but with the talent at passing that Carrick does have, disappointing that he isn't using his excellent range!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back