Manchester United v West Ham United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for this now after yesterday, I think we'll come out firing, Rooney's got a performance built up in him. West Ham have looked very poor so far. I think Scholes might be given a rest with Carrick coming in. But he might not need a rest with the international break coming up.

Chelsea have their easiest seasonstart in years. We need to keep up and not drop anymore points. We have made our first mistake and cant afford another one until chelsea show a weakness...dont care about anything else than raising our game a notch or two and getting three points...

I think Malouda had a point when he said chelsea should get credit for their attacking play in recent games..
And the fact that he is right is annoying. I'd rather the media wright about United demolishing other teams.

chelsea has made a big step in the right direction considering their attacking play after Ancelotti came and we need to
respond to it. We need to keep winning and keep on chelseas toes until they crack..cos they will sooner or later..

Perhaps so but I think they've been made to look better by terrible defending.

The thing is ever since TNSSO chelsea have been seen as a defensive side. Now they have both a respectable defense and a good attacking team. This has change the last years and SAF must be aware not to fall behind. Really hope he is right trusting in the youngsters..

I'm not just talking about their start this season, they played a couple of good games at the end of last season as well.

But enough about chelsea!

Will rooney be ack for west ham??

I think he will.

Diamanti has just left West Ham. West Ham have looked very poor so far this season.

Think we hade a decent line-up against Fulham, but we lacked a overlap down the right flank. Rafael should get the nod ahead of o'shea. He's just not good enough to play in a attacking UTD side. he's good for hard away games in CL or PL but rafael should be first choice in all other games..

---------------vDS----------------
rafa------vida----evans-----evra
valencia--scholes--fletch--nani
----------berba-------------------
--------------rooney--------------

Same as above. If there wasn't an international break coming up i'd be inclined to go with Carrick instead of Scholes. Just to be different i'll go with Brown at RB, I think he offers more in defence than Rafael and more in attack than O'Shea.

I hope Sir Alex starts Rafael!! I really do, O'Shea offers Zero going forward and was horrible against Fulham. Rooney in for Hernandez and Nani to start instead of Ji. If Macheda does well today aginst Shitty then he should make the bench against West Ham.

Nah I don't know about Kiko making the bench. I think Owen and Hernandez will be on the bench unless Rooney is still out.

good chance Macheda, Cleverley will be on the bench, hopefully so will Eikrem, but hard to see that happening.

Will have to wait till the Carling Cup game, hope its a easy draw, should see more youngsters play then!

Van Der Sar
Rafael Vidic Evans Evra
Valencia Scholes Fletcher Nani
Rooney Berbatov

I don't think Carrick will start.We will see more of him when we start playing 3 games a week and when the time comes for us to start rotating our squad.He will come good for us this season.Now that we are playing only on weekends,I don't think there is any call for us not to play our strongest squad.Scholesy must play simply because he is the man on form.We must get the most out of him whenever possible.

I expect Rooney to end his goal drought if he starts which I think he will as Fergie said he has trained all week.He just eeds a goal whether its a long rage or the simplest ever tap-ins.That'll start him for the season and i'm sure he will bang in plenty of goals again this season.

I hope Rafael starts as Valencia needs the support of an attacking full-back.The problem with Sheasy is that he does not bomb forward to help Valencia and this is affecting Valencia's impact on the pitch as we saw vs Fulham.

Prediction: an easy 3-0 or more win for United.West Ham don't look so good atm so I expect Utd to keep their miserable start to the season going.Utd must bang in as many goals as possible to keep up with Chelsea on GD.

I don't think the title will go down to Goal Difference but a big win is needed just to send a message out that we can do what Chelsea have done too.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
I don't think the title will go down to Goal Difference but a big win is needed just to send a message out that we can do what Chelsea have done too.

would be great to celebrate a big win... but I think it will be a hard fought win ... not more then 1 goal difference. West Ham are not a bad team and the fact that we are always nervy on a season start does not better up things for Saturday.

But It´s nothing less then a must win for us!

3-0 again, considering the recent results. I expect to see Berba-Rooney pairing the frontline. We have to take advantage from Berba's moment. Who knows how long it will last. Played well against Newcastle and well again against Fulham (the first Half)

I've read some about Scholesy be rested tomorrow, so, my team:

van der Sar, Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani, Rooney, Berba.

I do not know if Rafael is fit. if so, he should be in starting XI, IMO.

Rafael played on Wednesday so he's fit. Played LB the other night, pretty sure it was just to give him mins though.

Predictions? I'm going 4-0.

Can't wait for this match. West Ham will surely not give in that easily after their two consecutive defeats. My team would be:
VDS, Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani, Rooney, Berba

Really can't afford to drop points now. GGMU.

I think it will be 3-0 and the team will be:
Vds
vidic
Evans
fabio
evra
fletcher
carrick

valencia
nani
berbatov
Rooney

off to match now

VDS; O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs; Rooney, Berbatov

Nani is definitely a confidence player. Would have scored that at the back end of last season. Wish O'Shea would go off. He's doing more bad than good. Berbatov has been top class in my opinion, if he keeps this up... it'll be brilliant. Good to see Rooney score. Sloppy passing from the lads throughout the half but for every sloppy pass there's a sublime one. Good half, need to be more clinical.

3-0. Tidy! Berba was MOTM for me. Top class effort rounded off with a goal.

MOTM was Vidic for me, Totally dominant today and interesting to see him lead the team out today, must be Sir Alex indicating towards next season, and showing Vida how important he is..

Scholesy was brilliant again, so were Berbatov, Nani and Giggs, Even Evra, who's playing like the WC never happened 2 months ago!! great football at times today

If it was a closer game i'd have gone with Vida but Berba was the real reason we won, everything he touched turned into a chance.

He's winning the poll on manutd.com is Berba. Nani was voted MOTM by ESPN. We seem to have 3 MOTM there was only 1 Team of the Match though and that was us great team performance in my opinion, there are areas that need improving though still. John O'Shea nearly reduced me to tears in the first half, for a game we were going to dominate, Rafael would have been ideal. Vida is either captain due to something in his contract or Fergie wants to have a consistent captain instead of having a player like Giggs be captain one match and then the next match someone else has got it and then Giggs has got it back again etc. That's why I think Vida has got it.

Comfortable win. West Ham were harmless. A Slight pressure in the first 30 minutes, which made the game a little boring. But when Rooney scored, the things got easier.
Unfortunately, Fletcher did not play well today. He should be better in the pass today. But no one ever plays well.
Despite missed goal some (many) wrong crossings, Nani has been excellent today. What a goal. Not to mention the assist.

Berba was excellent again. He and Scholes are the best United players so far. Very well in the second half. Quick passing, good movement, and the volley goal that I so missed. Keep up the good work, Berba.

O'Shea was defensively bad in the first half, but offensively good the second half. Rafael still as my preference for the starting XI but I love O'shea.

Vidic was sensational today. Ok, West Ham were harmless, but since 07/08 I have not seen a so good performance by Vidic like today's. I don't notice Evans in the Field. haha.

Two weeks without United now. Good for some players, who can get some rest, Bad for me. And the worst thing is that Brazil will not play. Patience.

Was it just impression or the West Ham fans were chanting "Let's pretend we've scored a goal"?
I remember the Derby County fans Chantng something like that. haha.

i think the reason Valencia struggled down the right was the lack of of support from O'Shea, unlike Nani, Valencia isn't great at getting past his marker, but all he needs is an extra few inches in space to whip in a good cross, if O'Shea was attacking properly and overlapping Valencia, it would give Valencia a chance to create some space since the defender won't be able to guess if O'Shea will get the ball and cross or Valencia would do it himself, anyone agree with me?

It was a comfortable one for United. West Ham never really troubled us. I knew Rooney would score, and he did. Both Berba and Nani were fantastic. A thoroughly deserved goal for Berba. Although I have no idea why he was yellow-carded. He had a shirt inside his shirt, right? :p

In defense, Vidic's performance stood out. And Evra was good too. O'shea, well he's just back from an injury. Will take a few more matches to settle in. Didn't see much of Evans. Overall, a good result. And with the international break coming up, we will be fresh for the away match at Everton.

The double tackle was brilliant, but The Guardian's chalkboard has it down as a Scholes tackle.

If he'd scored the goal before that I think he would have scored, first half he did not look very confident, in the 2nd he came out a different player I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back