Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank the lord for this thread!

I have nothing even to comment on this match. Just glad it's back. haha. Actually I have a bit to say...

Home game, looking for a big win that we need, WBA are no mugs but at home we should beat them by at least 2, many players need to step up and the form players need to carry on their early season good form. Scholes and Berba should both be fresh now again too, oh the joys of the international break for these 2. Is Giggsy back?

I think he'll play (Rooney that is). Steadman's recent comments have been a lot more positive than past comments. Good news there, only question is can Hargo get back to form and can he play consistently. Park went to Korea recently for a friendly and didn't play, possibly still injured, what a waste of time if he was fine. We need to give Obertan or Bebe a start not only for the present but for the rest of the season or at least until January when Cleverley comes back.

Cheers for clearing that up g@mb!t. Providing he's fit I think we'll see him against WBA with Obertan or Bebe starting vs Bursaspor. Anyone heard how they're getting on this season?

Just noticed. Cheers.

Back to WBA. Here's the team I think we'll see.

VDS, Rafael, Rio, Vida, Evra, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Park, Rooney, Berbatov.

Finally! What really matters is back. I've always been in favour, but lately I'm starting to hate these international breaks. :evil:

I definitely don't expect an easy game. WBA has been playing better than expected. And made one of the best signings this season, in my opinion (Odenwingie). Winning is what matters. If we can convince, even better.

I expect in a 4-4-2.

van der Sar, Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Park, Owen, Berbatov.

I think Rio may be rested due England's match.

As much as the international break has been long and dreadful, I think it was needed on our part.

Expect Fergie to go with the same sort of 11 that featured through most of the first 6 games though. Would like Rafael and Carrick to play but I think Fergie will go with JOS and Fletcher. Some have suggested Evans or Smalling will play instead of Rio after he played for England. He looked fit the other night though.

Here my preferred team

Vds
Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Carrick
Scholes
Anderson

Nani
Berbatov
Rooney

I will be on a flight when the match is on :( so please give updates

I can give updates here at HT & FT but not during the game as i'll have a river on.

Wayne be on the bench.

VDS; Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Giggs; Hernandez, Berbatov

Good half, very good half infact, could be 5 or 6-0 up. Attacking play has been very promising, this is the United I know and love. I even clapped a bit from my sofa during that half, ain't done that in a while.

i notice this one thing has been going for quite a while now..each time the opponent scored against us, our players started to lose control of the game and passing become ridiculous..sometimes they even seemed to blame each other..can't quite figure out what's wrong with them..i don't know, maybe they need to start to really trust each other

Yeah we f'd up big time. While Chelsea drawing is good, it shows a missed opportunity and another one I might add. There was not much wrong with our performance today to be honest, we just f'd it up again. I think not naming a winger on the bench was a mistake too, Giggs is 36 and had just recovered from injury and we didn't name a replacement for him. I don't get it. We lost the balance again, also Giggs was playing behind Evra on the left when we were defending so we lost that too. I'd like to see Bebe on Wednesday, someone young and determined.

Yep, definitely. I think we've invested enough in young players for the future now, need proven players now. Gibson needs to be sold or sent out on loan.

Agreed with that but to be honest I don't think the personnel was the main problem today, it was more to do with where they were playing. Rooney came on as a left winger and before that Ando played there, it was like watching the Sunderland game again when Giggs went off, unbalanced.

Bebe gives me that feeling too, same sort of physique, same pace, very direct.

When we played Bayern at home last season I thought Fergie was beginning to get rid of the old guard, maybe Rafael's mistake and the loss changed his mind. The old guard should only be playing a bit part role now in my opinion.

thanks for the welcome =)..
well i think the players should have more confidence and determination to win and not concede any goals after all the silly defending they made..

u're right @deviledspam, i was surprised too when saf replaced giggs with gibbo.. the balance was gone straight after!

yea i can't wait for the youngsters to be given some playing time..bebe especially because he looks like he can offer something different to the team.. go youth!

The problem was that there was no one on the bench to replace Giggs with.

Fergie should know himself that he needed a sub winger on the bench. Maybe he's not convinced yet by Bebe and Obertan.

Just got back home from match after usual post-match pub debrief at the TollGate near OT
Few questions...
Is there a passer more one dimensional than Gibson? A Brazilian less Brazilian (skill wise) than Anderson? Even superskill(?) Rio can't pass to a red shirt more than 50% of the time! How many times must Raphael pass to the opp a game (?) An of course we are financially flush to rectify the problem !

Added to which the 256 bus back home was late !

Brazilian that isn't a Brazilian player... Lucas?

Gibson, agreed is 1-D.

Rafael made 5 out of 41 unsuccesful passes today. Not that many for a wing back. Rio only 3 out of 36 were unsuccessful.

I really hope to remember this game at the end of the season and say it was only a stumble in the victorious campaign rather to say it was one of the reasons for a possible failure.

Some "wise men" of football here often say that 2-0 is a dangerous score. But in this season, EVERY SCORE is dangerous for United. It was so against Fulham, Everton, Liverpool and now, WBA.

What worries me the most in these cases is the lack of concentration and a certain desperation when other teams score. We need someone to control, calm down and lead the team at those times.

The team showed a lot of quality in the first half, which has been rare this season. It reminded me of the United's 06/07. Pressing and attacking all the way, lethal counterattacks (as in the 2nd goal). And a great attacking display by all attacking players.

Carrick / Ando partnership worked very well today. Both played at high level in the first half. With nani on fire, Giggs playing well and Berba / Hernandez well matched up front, it seemed that there was no chance of anything going wrong today. But it started to go wrong when Giggs got injured.

Without wingers on the bench (And i still don't understanding why) Ferguson had to once again move Anderson to the left side. And the balance of the midfield is gone. Anderson disappeared, Nani too, Gibson went very badly .... And when Ferguson tried to fix it, gone wrong to take the Carrick off, in my opinion. And to make matters worse, Scholes doesn't came in well. He maybe could have played better if he came Sooner or if he started playing.

At least Chelsea did not win. On one side is good. We are 5 points behind instead 7 points. But on the other side is irrelevant, since we could be just 3 points behind them.

Hairdryer, team changes, i don't know. But something has to be made. To change this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back